Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
anyone been to that venue yet? it's relatively new and i was supposed to attend a Squarepusher show last year but it got cancelled because of the Sandy storm. was also supposed to be a visual spectacle that just never happened.
Same here, I was supposed to be at that Squarepusher show, still bitter about how that whole thing was handled. Looking forward to finally checking out this venue. I believe Marilyn Manson played there on those first shows with Twiggy back, as well as Danzig, so they seem to get similar acts.

Quote Originally Posted by la_mer_27 View Post
Super stoked here. But I'm wondering about getting to/coming back from the show.
I should be at Union Station a good while before anything starts happening at the Fillmore. And, I've read that the Metro bus service stops at midnight.
So, I figure I could take the bus there. But does anyone (perhaps, someone from the DC area or someone who has gotten around there before) know what the taxi service is like? Is it reliable after midnight, would I be able to call for a taxi from the venue, etc?
I don't live in the area, but I've been several times to the area where the venue is (the AFI Silver is nearby). It's inside the beltway, but right on the edge. The Red line of the Metro goes there and beyond, don't know the hours but that could be an option for getting there at the very least, maybe getting back too since the show isn't super late. The area has a mall near by and lots of shops, so it's not really a "bad" area, so I would think there'd be taxis around afterwards, but again, I can't say for sure.