Thread: The concerts thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Going to see Wilco & Young Fresh Fellow tonight, woo hoo! I've had the tickets for 2 years. I got the theater to let me bring a pillow as the seats are torture devices. I'm having bad spine trouble & when I went to My Morning Jacket a week ago I almost had to crawl to the car post show. Having a minor procedure on the spine in a week. Hopefully will work as the next step would be some major & very scary spinal fusion surgery. Fingers crossed. It all has to do with the rheumatoid arthritis I've been dealing with over 10 years. Things are snowballing. Things like concerts & driving may be a thing of the past in the not so distant future. I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I'm gonna rock out as long as I can. I hope NIN reschedule the tour that never was soon. I would go all three nights in Seattle for sure! Wouldn't be a bad way to go out on concerts! Would like to see Nick Cave reschedule soon too!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Going to see Wilco & Young Fresh Fellow tonight, woo hoo! I've had the tickets for 2 years. I got the theater to let me bring a pillow as the seats are torture devices. I'm having bad spine trouble & when I went to My Morning Jacket a week ago I almost had to crawl to the car post show. Having a minor procedure on the spine in a week. Hopefully will work as the next step would be some major & very scary spinal fusion surgery. Fingers crossed. It all has to do with the rheumatoid arthritis I've been dealing with over 10 years. Things are snowballing. Things like concerts & driving may be a thing of the past in the not so distant future. I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I'm gonna rock out as long as I can. I hope NIN reschedule the tour that never was soon. I would go all three nights in Seattle for sure! Wouldn't be a bad way to go out on concerts! Would like to see Nick Cave reschedule soon too!
    Just seen this, hope you get your health and back sorted out, backs can be a real bastard, I know a few people with so many back issues. Hope you enjoyed the show. I’m getting ludicrously excited over seeing Clannad on Halloween even though I have to leave just after 10 to get the last train back

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just seen this, hope you get your health and back sorted out, backs can be a real bastard, I know a few people with so many back issues. Hope you enjoyed the show. I’m getting ludicrously excited over seeing Clannad on Halloween even though I have to leave just after 10 to get the last train back
    Thanks. It was a great show. YFF did a fine opening set with Wilco's keyboard player (incognito) sitting in a few songs. I've seen Wilco a real lot & this was a good one. Like NIN, everyone in Wilco are fine musicians especially Nels Cline & Glenn Kotche. They did an excellent set with a fair amount of surprises. It was the last night of a NW mini tour & YFF came out for the final encore, a rousing version of "Helter Skelter". As for the back, it's been getting worse daily. I'm going in for the spine shot today. I've had one before & it's not pleasant but better than surgery. I'll be laid up until the weekend & then on to next round of chemo on Tuesday. Do I know how to party or what? Not complaining as I'm still kicking. Sort of. Foo Fighters were in town last night but I skipped it. It was over $100 a ticket & I saw them a few years ago. It wasn't that great. I much prefer the early days of the band. Dave Grohl is suffering from overexposure, IMHO.