Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1337

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    GWAR is coming to Vermont this June. I've never seen them, and it's so rare that anyone I want to see comes to VT. Can't wait for this.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Ticket gods were kind today. I got front row center for Placebo in September.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Sparks were excellent last night. Nice to see them get some love in the states after 50 years. I would bet Trent has listened to them some. Ron Mael is an amazing musician & brother Russell is no slouch as a singer. Still got the pipes at age 72. Ron Mael is the same age as Keith Richards! Still spry!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Saw Poppy on Thursday and she/they were great. Much better than anticipated and it was nearly a full-house. First show since 2019 and it felt great to be back out in the pit. I really fucking hope NIN is able to happen later this year.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Scored good tix for Roxy Music at the United Center in September.

The only other tix I want is for the Black Crowes at Ravinia.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've had the ticket page for Heilung's show in MA in September bookmarked for months, hoping the GA-Front tickets would become available again. They finally did!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    got these coming up:

Dead Heat/Combust tonight @ The Litter Box, Elizabeth NJ
    Jawbreaker @ Irving Plaza 4/28
    Testament/Exodus/Death Angel @ Starland Ballroom 4/30
    Deftones/Gojira @ Stone Pony Outdoors 5/14
    Black n Blue Bowl @ Brooklyn Monarch 5/15
    One Step Closer/Soul Blind/Broken Vow @ The Log Cabin, Toms River 5/21
    NIN @ The Met 5/24 & 5/25
    Disclosure @ Avant Gardner 5/27
    Thy Art Is Murder/After The Burial @ Irving Plaza 5/29
    Hot 97 Summer Jam @ Metlife Stadium 6/12
    Ekulu/Combust/Downfall @ Gold Sounds, Brooklyn 6/17
    The Weeknd/Doja Cat @ Metlife Stadium, 7/16
    Jawbox @ LPR, Manhattan 7/20
    RATM/RtJ @ MSG 8/8 & 8/9
    NIN @ Red Rocks 9/3
    Meshuggah/Converge/Torche @ Hammerstein Ballroom 9/18
    Kx5 (Kaskade & Deadmau5) @ LA Memorial Coliseum 12/10
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-23-2022 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was supposed to be going to Seattle today for a concert and then another one tomorrow but that last Covid surge scared the band and now it's bumped to September. And even worse, it's the middle of the week in September so what was supposed to be my son's first 'real' show is no more because I can't take him out of school in the middle of the week in his Senior year.

Good thing NIN is playing in "Portland" so that's going to be his first show instead.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I was supposed to be going to Seattle today for a concert and then another one tomorrow but that last Covid surge scared the band and now it's bumped to September. And even worse, it's the middle of the week in September so what was supposed to be my son's first 'real' show is no more because I can't take him out of school in the middle of the week in his Senior year.

Good thing NIN is playing in "Portland" so that's going to be his first show instead.
    I'm hoping I'll see you @ NIN in Portland. I have to wait a bit longer to chase tickets to make sure the health is good enough to travel.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I scored great tickets for Bob Dylan in Seattle. It was more than I wanted to spend but I figure this will be my last dance with Bob. First time I saw him was 1978. I heard a tape from earlier in the tour & it was fantastic. He's doing almost all of Rough & Rowdy Ways which his best work in decades. Luckily I got my tax refund & could afford it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Old 97s @ the Gothic Theater in Denver, 6/9. First time seeing them in, jesus, 7 fucking years. Their shows refill my hit points in a way I can't explain. They were the live soundtrack of my misspent youth in Dallas starting in 93, but Rhett Miller now has a viable solo career and lives in LA. Dallas still gets plenty of tour date love, but i'm not THERE anymore. They started their own festival, which i fucked around and missed, twice. And somewhere in there, i talked them into playing AMARILLO, but wound up with the fucking flu.
    So this has been a long time coming.
    And with a band that's been rolling for almost 30 years with no line-up changes, I'm not sure how much longer they'll be doing this.

ALSO

Busta Rhymes @ Civic Center Park in Denver 6/10.
    Not expecting much from this one. It's a radio station thing, and he's the "headliner," but I know he sometimes only plays for like 20 min at things like this, and his recent set lists are like 7 songs at most.
    Still, it's my first time seeing Busta and Spliff since seeing a (full length) Flipmode Squad show in 97, so it'll still be cool.

First concerts at all since C&B&I.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-21-2022 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Forgot to post this the day-of, my bad. It was a great show with an opening band that blew me away. Had to grab their stuff on bandcamp shortly after, can't wait for the next time they come through.

Oh and Help were pretty good as well. I wish I could have gone to their Bend show because the Bush shirt returned just for that tour.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @chuckrh I'm jealous about Bob.

He was set to play Amarillo in 2020, at the same old broke dick civic center where he and Led Zep and Rush played in the seventies, but then, covid.

NOBODY comes to Amarillo these days, and we were thrilled. ZZ was supposed to play, too.
    But neither act is coming this year.

Speaking of which, Amarillo was once an important tour stop in general.
    I wonder if that would happen again if they built a new arena. It seems to have worked for Tulsa, with their BOK Center.

Amarillo is still a 3 hour round trip from where I live, but it's a whole hell of a lot closer than denver and tulsa and dallas.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @chuckrh I'm jealous about Bob.

He was set to play Amarillo in 2020, at the same old broke dick civic center where he and Led Zep and Rush played in the seventies, but then, covid.

NOBODY comes to Amarillo these days, and we were thrilled. ZZ was supposed to play, too.
    But neither act is coming this year.

Speaking of which, Amarillo was once an important tour stop in general.
    I wonder if that would happen again if they built a new arena. It seems to have worked for Tulsa, with their BOK Center.

Amarillo is still a 3 hour round trip from where I live, but it's a whole hell of a lot closer than denver and tulsa and dallas.
    You could get Bob in not too distant future. The show I'm going to is June 2 & was just announced this week. He generally picks an area then works it. On this northwest run he's playing Spokane & Kennewick WA, Eugene & Portland OR etc. I wouldn't be surprised if he does something like that in your area later in the year. He tends to play nice, old theaters a lot. Expensive this time though. I probably shouldn't have splurged but the main floor tickets were the same price as front of the balcony. I got nice ADA seats on the main floor. They're a little elevated so I don't have to stand if the crowd stands. I've seen Bob do amazing shows & some not so great shows. Lately, the excellent ones way outnumber the mediocre ones. He's always been good at the theater he's playing here & seems to like it. He's different every time you see him & the biggest attraction for me this time was him doing most of Rough & Rowdy Ways. That album is a masterpiece. & all this at 80 years old! He blew me away the last time I saw him & this one looks like it's going to be as good. I'm getting pickier about what I go to because it's really a challenge for me to go now. & prices have gotten out of hand. I really don't know how long I'm going to be able to go to shows, so I'm trying to go out with my boots on.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Busta Rhymes @ Civic Center Park in Denver 6/10.
    Not expecting much from this one. It's a radio station thing, and he's the "headliner," but I know he sometimes only plays for like 20 min at things like this, and his recent set lists are like 7 songs at most.
    Still, it's my first time seeing Busta and Spliff since seeing a (full length) Flipmode Squad show in 97, so it'll still be cool.

First concerts at all since C&B&I.
    Saw Busta in Newark maybe 5 or 6 years ago? The man usually goes all out on stage. If he's headlining, I'd like to think you're gonna get a good performance, especially since he dropped a ton of weight I believe. And Spliff is probably the best hype man in rap.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Saw Busta in Newark maybe 5 or 6 years ago? The man usually goes all out on stage. If he's headlining, I'd like to think you're gonna get a good performance, especially since he dropped a ton of weight I believe. And Spliff is probably the best hype man in rap.
    At the same time though, it's a free (but limited ticket) event for a radio station, NOT a SHOW show, you know? Like, did you go to a specific venue for a BUSTA RHYMES show in Newark? And how long was the set?
    In my mind, in THIS case, he may not feel OBLIGATED to do a full set.

AND, just looking through his recent setlists, they're fucking SHORT as of late.

Still, I've been obsessed since The Coming and haven't seen him in 25 (jesus christ we're getting old) years, when Flipmode did Smokin' Grooves in 97, Busta's MAYBE my favorite rapper, and I love me some ignorant immigrant Spliff.

Pair all of that with the fact that our 4 tickets cost $0 and 0 cents, and yeah...I'd probably be ok with a hot 30 min or whatever.

Edit: also, Solo, he sure went all out in dallas in 97: he and spliff took their clothes off down to their boxers and tried to get the crowd to do the same at one point. :P
    Hey, can you ask your hot 97 friends if they know if and when the fucking goddamn Flipmode 2020 album is coming out? Rah Digga said it was finished, you know, like IN 2020.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-23-2022 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Stop berating me kind sir.

No, you're almost certainly right. You'd be lucky to get 40 minutes if it's that kinda show. And I'm sure thats generous.

The show of "his" I saw had a million rappers at it, with people weaving in and out of his set so it's hard to judge.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I was always curious to know: what happens to the people on the rail or first few rows who can't sustain the crowd moshing and have to get out through the barrier with the help of security people? Do they re-enter GA area again in the back, or allowed to the seats (if there are any free seats)? Also what happens to the crowd surfers who surfed all they way to the front and were also picked by the security? They allowed back?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I was always curious to know: what happens to the people on the rail or first few rows who can't sustain the crowd moshing and have to get out through the barrier with the help of security people? Do they re-enter GA area again in the back, or allowed to the seats (if there are any free seats)? Also what happens to the crowd surfers who surfed all they way to the front and were also picked by the security? They allowed back?
    Well really depends on security and the venue, I once crowd surfed and was thrown over only to be put in a choke hold and kicked out of the show, I've also been to one where it was 3 strikes and your out. Best to ask the venue and security

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Feelin very sorry for myself, had to miss Gary Numan last night and Tool on Tuesday due to a family norovirus outbreak.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I went to a totally awesome show on Wednesday at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle. The club had to relocate to new digs & they've done an awesome job of it. One of the owners is in Alice in Chains. I saw Amyl & the Sniffers & they were amazing. Kind of like the Stooges with a sweet lady named Amy Taylor as Iggy Pop. When I walked up to get my tickets, she came out to greet fans in line & I got a picture with her. The club seated me at a metal barrier between the drinking & all ages area as I can't stand for extended periods. There's a link below for a video I shot of the song Knifey, my favorite. I have a low end phone so I wouldn't put it up on youtube. At the end of the song a drunk asshole decided to rush the stage regardless of the barrier & totally blindside tackled me. You can see it when the video abruptly ends. Some links to some photos I took, also some videos that someone else shot. I encourage you to check out the bands last record "Comfort to Me". It was 1 of my favorites of last year. This band is awesome!
    Photos:

this is for the video I shot. it starts & ends out rough but you'll get the idea:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/AwGb3Buu1NfKAHqW7

Finally, some much better videos someone else shot:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Managed to catch Primus back on 4/20, the first concert I’ve attended since 2019. The new song was awesome live and the Rush tunes sounded great. Encore was an extended Pachyderm

Snagged balcony tickets to the first date of Sunny Day Real Estate’s reunion tour.
    Still have Roger Waters tickets from two years ago as well, so September is looking like a good time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone interested in seeing Billy Howerdel in Columbus June 29th? Not going to be able to go and looking to sell my ticket.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    Snagged balcony tickets to the first date of Sunny Day Real Estate’s reunion tour.
    was able to easily cop a pair for both Brooklyn shows earlier this week during the presale. Surprisingly was not a shitshow. I noticed Boston could be had easily too. Wonder if the demand isn't there?

Just checked and tix are still available for both Brooklyn shows. It's now almost 15 hours since the general on-sale. This kinda bums me out actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    was able to easily cop a pair for both Brooklyn shows earlier this week during the presale. Surprisingly was not a shitshow. I noticed Boston could be had easily too. Wonder if the demand isn't there?

Just checked and tix are still available for both Brooklyn shows. It's now almost 15 hours since the general on-sale. This kinda bums me out actually.
    I think they overbooked with the venues, the Boston venue is 2200 capacity. I really doubt SDRE is gonna sell that out. I saw Jawbreaker there a few years ago on the reunion tour and it wasn't close to sold out earlier, I doubt SDRE would sell more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What a year for shows. So far: Tool x2, Primus, Mastodon, Opeth

Upcoming:
    Primus (6/2)
    Modest Mouse (6/4)
    Modest Mouse (6/23)
    Puscifer: (7/2)
    Rammstein (9/3)
    Tenacious D (9/18)

Now contemplating the Gorillaz Chicago show...

I love it. The only downside is so. much. driving. Only one of those shows is in my town, the rest are at least a 90 minute drive.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 05-25-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Griffin View Post
    I think they overbooked with the venues, the Boston venue is 2200 capacity. I really doubt SDRE is gonna sell that out. I saw Jawbreaker there a few years ago on the reunion tour and it wasn't close to sold out earlier, I doubt SDRE would sell more.
    Agree with you about the Boston show. It being on a Monday makes it tough. But both Brooklyn shows will sell out actually. Friday is done, and Thursday is close.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I caught Afghan Whigs at Turner Hall Ballroom in MKE, had a wonderful time. Unfortunately also caught COVID, but what can you do in a room full of people in Wisconsin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    What a year for shows.

Primus...

Upcoming:
    Primus (6/2)
    And you never said ANYTHING to your wife about how she treated Donny. She made him feel like an asshole!
    HE WAS ONLY TWO FEET TALL!

Yet, here you are...all these years later, turning up at shows.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    And you never said ANYTHING to your wife about how she treated Donny. She made him feel like an asshole!
    HE WAS ONLY TWO FEET TALL!

Yet, here you are...all these years later, turning up at shows.
    We divorced ages ago..but perhaps if I was there, I could have said something..and maybe...just maybe Steve wouldn't have gotten hurt.

(Primus was great last night.)