Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Next Thursday, Godspeed You! Black Emperor & NIN!!!! Fourth NIN show!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Hitting up the opening show on KMFDM's new North American tour tonight, pretty stoked! I always look forward to hitting up an opening show of a band's new tour, as you have no idea what to expect. I'm bad for looking at setlists before shows, so this is perfect for me.

I've seriously looked at EVERY single NIN setlist since the first show on Sept 28th, I'm soooooo bad for that stuff. I was able to stop for a week, told myself to stop looking as i'm ruining the surprise factor for myself, but then one boring evening on the internet this past week (think it was a Tuesday or a Wednesday) I just snapped and ran to setlist.fm and read all shows from the week I skipped. Then I felt bad about it as there was lots of new songs played that would have been neat to see pop up live not knowing them were coming.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just came back from seeing Gregg Allman, a voice who's been a big part of my personal musical landscape for nearly half my life now. I've not attended many concerts but I think I'll remember this as being one of the better ones I've seen. His solo band is about just as good as the ABB, and his voice is as strong as ever. I was having a bit of a crap day right until I heard that familiar count-off that started "Statesboro Blues".

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The concerts thread

shit I didn't know he was touring!!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    tomorrow night: simple minds (!!!)
    friday night: djing the ashrae fax show (early 2000s college favorites, i helped them get reissued this year on mexican summer)
    next monday: thomas dolby (maybe)
    next tuesday: gary numan (maybe- i have tickets but might be burnt out early next week)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw the Naked and Famous on Monday night at the Showbox at SoDo here in Seattle. I don't know if the show was sold out but it was at least my guess over 90% full so a very good crowd at hand. Anyways the opening the Colourist was pretty decent IMO and a good choice to open, maybe I'll check them out in the future.

The Naked and Famous killed it! Haven't heard their new album yet but those songs sounded good live. They played a short set though time wise, I think they played (including encore) 13 songs lasting about an hour and 10 minutes maybe...could have been a bit less. Wish they would have played a couple more songs but they were very good live def glad I got a chance to see them. Had fun!

Next on my schedule....November 17th the Regular Showbox Deltron 3030!!!! Can't wait for that show!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    shit I didn't know he was touring!!
    He's not been hitting many major cities. I saw him in Wabash, IN which is a nice little city but in the middle of nowhere basically, in a 1,500-seat venue.

The highlight of the set for me was his version of "Dreams". Rather than two lead guitars like the ABB, he had a 2nd keyboard, sax/flute and guitar trading licks during the instrumental spots of the show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Last night went to see Scritti Politti and Heaven 17 in Camden for 50 years of Virgin Records. Mainly went to see Scritti who were excellent even though Green fluffed a bit of Absolute ! . Stayed to see Heaven 17 who were surprisingly good as I only know one song 'Temptation'. Very strong vocals and bass heavy riffing synths!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Stayed to see Heaven 17 who were surprisingly good as I only know one song 'Temptation'. Very strong vocals and bass heavy riffing synths!
    i only like a few of their songs, but 'fascist groove thing' is a spastic mess and 'let me go' is a really great club jam. glad to hear they're still playing!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    watching the Foo Fighters on December and maybe Kraftwerk on March (it's a bit expensive but it's worth it of course...)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i only like a few of their songs, but 'fascist groove thing' is a spastic mess and 'let me go' is a really great club jam. glad to hear they're still playing!
    They played a lot of original Human League stuff as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw My Bloody Valentine last Thursday. Loudest show I have ever been to, by far. Quite the experience.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    They played a lot of original Human League stuff as well.
    interesting, but that makes sense, i guess. how did martyn ware handle the vox? early human league is amazing, but i love phil's voice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Martyn did one song Glenn Gregory did the rest and he has an amazing voice, they had two backing singers as well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    interesting, but that makes sense, i guess. how did martyn ware handle the vox? early human league is amazing, but i love phil's voice.
    Here's a good review of the show
    http://www.electricity-club.co.uk/he...e-at-virgin40/

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Martyn did one song Glenn Gregory did the rest and he has an amazing voice, they had two backing singers as well.
    ahh right, i thought martyn was the singer, not glenn. sounds great!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Going to see Alkaline Trio and New Found Glory sunday night in Chicago. Kinda pumped, would be more so if both of their last albums weren't such big let downs.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Savages pulled out of their tour next week... fuck this shit!!!

Things left to see this year:

Monkey3 at the end of this month
    Tricky in December

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Brett Dennen, Bleeding Through, and Kopecky Family Band/The Mowgli's last week. Not all at one show.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

The concerts thread

How was Bleeding Through? Saw them open for AFI liked there show.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Depeche Mode were fantastic last night! Dave looked a little tired but to be expected as they are near the end of a long tour. Got a standing ticket this time. Setlist included But Not Tonight, Black Celebration and Leave In Silence. Rumours of a rift between Dave and Fletch they did look a little cold towards one another, but still excellent! Love Martin's guitars - most Gresch

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    How was Bleeding Through? Saw them open for AFI liked there show.

The venue had the absolute worst sound I've ever experienced at a show. The band, however, killed it. So much energy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Saw The Drones last night. They've quickly become one of my favourite Australian bands and the set was amazing, intense and energetic. The support act, Harmony, was really good too. I haven't seen much live music before so I really really enjoyed the experience.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    In a few hours I'm off to Germany to see Sigur Ros (Dusseldorf on 25th) and QOTSA (Hamburg on 28th).

Excitement level through the roof!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    TOOL / Primus /Puscifer at Tajín!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    just saw mike doughty play a soul coughing set in nyc.

good show over all, completely steeped in nostalgia though. for anyone who's followed him, at the very least, it was good to see him playing those songs with a smile on his face.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm seeing these guys tonight

So looking forward to it. One of my favourite albums of the year and these guys look like so much fun live.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just scored a pair of tickets to see Kraftwerk in Oakland, CA!!! I guess they're doing some sort of 3D effect this time around......pretty excited as I have been dying to see them live and I FINALLY get a chance to do so....

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    *edit* double post

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    going to see run the jewels in brooklyn this friday and action bronson in nyc on my bday. unless it's a band i really love i find myself going to only rap shows now.