Thread: Best Games of 2011 - 2011 Game of the Year Edition

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1. The Witcher 2 - If you have a PC than you should already own this game. If you have a 360, this should be your most anticipated titled next to Bioshock: Infinite. Brilliant story telling that sucks you in. While it falls in with other games that I have yet to beat for various reasons, this does not matter. Finally, with the 2.1 patch, this game is really, truly, playable. This is far more linear than Skyrim but compared to Dragon Age 3: this game is an open world. The environments change and a whole section of the game (there are about 5 sections) is different depending on which faction you favor. This Polish devs, which recently anti-pirates, are staunch opponents of DRM and are of the same branch that runs GOG. Worth all of your time and money.

TIED WITH
    1. Dead Space 2 - While the structure may be too straight forward for some, I had more fun with this than any other game. While it was not scary I was always enthralled with the environments and loved the "Sprawl" and its dramatically open (as opposed to #1) environments. I'm about half way through a play-through on the hardest difficulty (not the three saves one) and will complete that eventually.

2. Skyrim - While I just started this, I am pretty alright in saying that this game is amazing. Rarely does a game hold my attention for as long as this game.

3. Portal 2 - Both the campaign and the Co-op add to an overall narrative that is just mindblowingly awesome. Games should not be this funny!

4. Gears of War 3 - While the multiplayer is terribly forgettable, the campaign and horde modes are quite nice. Giant bros fighting monsters, nuff' said.

5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - While I've only played 13 or so hours, I've enjoyed them. Another game that I can beat now that I am graduated from college.

Games I have yet to play for the most part.

1. Arkham City - Watched my roommate play this and just couldn't spare the time with finals. Looking forward to playing this when I am away from my PC and only have an XBOX available to me.

2. Uncharted 3 - Only about 3 hours in but I do enjoy it. A bit slower than the other two, do others agree?

LA Noire - Played 2, 2 hour sittings and just never touched this again.
    Last edited by Zimbo; 12-21-2011 at 08:53 AM.