Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Alright, anyone who's ever been to The Vic in Chicago. How does that place work? Is it like The Aragon where it's all GA including the Balcony or do shows typically have Reserved Balcony seating and GA Floor?
    The main balcony is normally general admission, but it is pretty cramped/steep and has seats. I’m not sure about the side little balconies. On the plus side the acoustics are not too bad there. In my opinion it is a much better experience than the Aragon, but it is 1/4 the size too.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    The main balcony is normally general admission, but it is pretty cramped/steep and has seats. I’m not sure about the side little balconies. On the plus side the acoustics are not too bad there. In my opinion it is a much better experience than the Aragon, but it is 1/4 the size too.
    The fact that it's so small really excites me. Really really hoping that I am able to score tickets to this.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The fact that it's so small really excites me. Really really hoping that I am able to score tickets to this.
    Yeah my first concert in Chicago was at the Vic Theater, it was Jonsi in 2010 and there isn't a bad spot to see the band in the whole venue in my opinion. The stage is elevated enough that people on the floor all the way in the back can see what's going on and the venue is small enough that those in the balcony feel close enough. It's almost hard to explain.

I may not be fully behind this project but the idea of seeing Trent Reznor live again in such an intimate venue is really exciting as well. May have to look into this for next week when they go on sale....

....though I'm even more interested in all these cryptic possible hints at NIN live again as well.