Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    so I guess Apollo was already sold out before the general sale even began? lovely. guess its time to go to the scalpers. I know I'm just ranting about the obvious here, but things like this really suck the fun out of going to concerts.
    I didn't manage to get ticket during the pre sale (I was messing up), but when the general sale started (directly after the pre sale) I managed to get a balcony ticket.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    I didn't manage to get ticket during the pre sale (I was messing up), but when the general sale started (directly after the pre sale) I managed to get a balcony ticket.
    Are you coming to the states!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, Chicago sold out during the pre-sale I take it? It was never listed on Ticketmaster and now the HDA site says it's completely sold out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    this is all so fucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I understand and applaud what Trent is trying to do, but it NEVER works

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    I understand and applaud what Trent is trying to do, but it NEVER works
    I'm not sure how you compete against the curious coincidence of the general sale selling out immediately followed by hundreds of tickets going up for 2-3x the cost on StubHub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    These sites are not reliable. Ticketmaster keeps tickets in your cart while you checkout. These other sites always crash.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone else think it's strange that this tour (Denver specifically) hasn't sold out twice over by now? I wasn't able to get presale tix, but I did get a pretty decent pair 20 minutes later. That same day after I got off work, I decided to check to see what was available and to my surprise, I was able to grab a pair in the 5th row! I looked again today and there are still some great tickets left. So what gives? Did the NIN announcement hurt sales or are people just genuinely lackadaisical about the whole HTDA tour? I really don't get it seeing as Chicago and NY sold out with the quickness. The argument that Denver is a small market doesn't cut it either, with Boston and CA shows still with availability. I don't get it. Any ideas???

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Does anyone else think it's strange that this tour (Denver specifically) hasn't sold out twice over by now? I wasn't able to get presale tix, but I did get a pretty decent pair 20 minutes later. That same day after I got off work, I decided to check to see what was available and to my surprise, I was able to grab a pair in the 5th row! I looked again today and there are still some great tickets left. So what gives? Did the NIN announcement hurt sales or are people just genuinely lackadaisical about the whole HTDA tour? I really don't get it seeing as Chicago and NY sold out with the quickness. The argument that Denver is a small market doesn't cut it either, with Boston and CA shows still with availability. I don't get it. Any ideas???
    Probably a combination of both. HTDA's a tiny band in regards to reach, and Trent's name likely isn't enough to sell out venues, even small ones like this. Didn't help that NIN 2013 was announced two full days before HTDA's pre-sale even began; a pre-sale that wasn't solidly announced until the day after.

Considering Trent's business sense, this feels like a very unwise move on his part. Granted, announcing NIN 2013 right after HTDA presales might've been an even bigger dick move.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I feel like Rob is going to be more than just occasional bassist and in charge of the visuals. He's hinted at everything making sense once they start playing live... maybe they'll be filming the shows? Like not just filming them for an eventual DVD, but something more intense.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    so they added one more. i hope they move into mid-may and just go down the east coast until they hit miami.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    @destroyangels: We've added one last show to our April tour: Washington DC 4/30 at the @FillmoreSS. Presale 4/7 at noon EST, general on-sale 4/8.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I hear Obama's gonna be there

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

How to destroy angels: live 2013

I heard your mommas gonna be there...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Don't underestimate how much Toronto's crowd hates the venue.

Add in the fact that Toronto usually pulls from all over Southern Ontario and Upstate New York and the show is on a Thursday, AND that the band hasn't even released the album officially yet.... and I can see why it hasn't sold out.

Also, Sound Academy's capacity is ~3,000... thus making it relatively larger then say the Apollo (1,500) or The Vic (1,400).

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Support is announced, HTDA reminds us that they are planning to become the Monarchs of hipsters http://www.diivnyc.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Kinda figured it would be somebody playing Coachella. Glad its not IO Echo, cause that couldve been an easy choice in this situation.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Io Echo are kinda getting too big, plus they're on a different label. Would've been cool to see the Ross bros. though :P

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Awesome!! I really enjoy that DIIV album. My excitement for this tour just got even higher. April 23rd cannot come fast enough.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Hah. io echo... Forgot about them. My wife used to date one of those guys.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    God damn it this is the wrong topic. I'm sorry.
    Last edited by gorast; 03-05-2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: this is the live topic not the welcome oblivion one

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I thought the presale tickets were will call only, but the modlife site is telling me that my tickets have "shipped". Anyone else?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

These came in the mail yesterday

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I thought the presale tickets were will call only, but the modlife site is telling me that my tickets have "shipped". Anyone else?
    same here.
    ticket on its way to the dutch mountains

edit: i mean the one from 'montclair' ; the one from nyc (ticketmaster.com) is 'will call' (no problem: it's seat numbered)
    Last edited by witte; 03-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Those tickets, does that mean that the show in San Fran will be broadcast on AXStv? That would be amazing!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rob:
    "So far it hasn't changed much, but doing the live shows is going to make it quite a bit different. I'll be running visuals live from the stage - having never done that before, I'll have to let you know after the first show how it is being a stage performer. I think it's going to be a blast though. Regarding the visual presentation of the live performances, this will be very different from NIN shows, but an extremely visual experience. We're thrilled to be working with Roy Bennett and Moment Factory again..."

this made my day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good god yes. I did a university project on Moment Factory because I love their work so much and talked with them about their company. They're awesome people, I'm so happy they're involved again!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm really glad their Coachella set is being webcasted. At least I'll be able to see the show in some form.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

For what it is worth Modlife fixed their site and you now have 4 minutes to checkout. Scored MD presale tickets.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That is *awesome* about Modlife.