Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^^
    some of us are not American, never saw LITS and have never heard The Warning live.

Personally I'd love to hear Vessel, but with Ilan playing proper drums. I don't know if it can be done, but the live versions I've seen seem to be lacking a bit of oomph in the drums
    Last edited by WorzelG; 05-09-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think I'll just be happy to see my favorite live band live again...

11. weeks. of. rehearsals.

11 WEEKS.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I sure hope @ManBurning will get a song or two of his dreams. Just so i don't get to read a topic with 3 (three) words "sick" in one posting.

My wish is they no longer open Only with guitar riff, always felt like they killed the song by omitting the drumming as on album

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Remember: not everyone who goes to a NIN show is as crazy as us. Playing only unplayed songs might be cool, but the average fan still wants Wish/Closer/Hurt/Only etc.

I do hope we get some Ghosts in Europe though, such a ripe album to choose from.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Remember: not everyone who goes to a NIN show is as crazy as us. Playing only unplayed songs might be cool, but the average fan still wants Wish/Closer/Hurt/Only etc.

I do hope we get some Ghosts in Europe though, such a ripe album to choose from.
    The Ghosts tracks do take on a very different vibe when played live - I can barely stand listening to it as a continuous album, but love the interpretations played as interludes in live performances. Especially when accompanied by instrumentals from other albums.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So, when are these U.S. arena dates going to be announced? Do we think they are waiting until the new track drops on June 6?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    So, when are these U.S. arena dates going to be announced? Do we think they are waiting until the new track drops on June 6?
    New track on June 6th- did I miss something?...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    New track on June 6th- did I miss something?...
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...4575#post84575

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WOW!

new track with tour announcement, please!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'll believe a new NIN song is coming when P4K announce a new negative rating system.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Ilan's lovely NIN rehearsal drumkit: http://Instagram.com/p/ZHDFabPK6p/

I also see a gtr/keyboard set up in the back... Josh Eustis's?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    See what I mean about I want something new and different other than the regulars? Frankly, i'm pretty sick of Burn live.
    Boo hoo. Frankly, I hope they play Burn three times in every set every night of the tour. I love that fucking song live. No offense (that means I'm about to say something offensive, right?), but I really REALLY hate setlist snobs. I guess I feel like people like that should head over to a DMB or Phish board.

Sick of songs from one of our favorite bands... I hope I never become that jaded. I've been to nearly two dozen shows over the last 20 years (a drop in the pond compared to some of you, to be fair), and I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a moment of it. Just my two cents... I swear I try to be a pretty joyless motherfucker most of the time, but saying I'm "sick" of a NIN song live would be one of the last things I'd ever consider saying.

To each his/her own, though!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Boo hoo. Frankly, I hope they play Burn three times in every set every night of the tour. I love that fucking song live. No offense (that means I'm about to say something offensive, right?), but I really REALLY hate setlist snobs. I guess I feel like people like that should head over to a DMB or Phish board.

Sick of songs from one of our favorite bands... I hope I never become that jaded. I've been to nearly two dozen shows over the last 20 years (a drop in the pond compared to some of you, to be fair), and I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a moment of it. Just my two cents... I swear I try to be a pretty joyless motherfucker most of the time, but saying I'm "sick" of a NIN song live would be one of the last things I'd ever consider saying.

To each his/her own, though!
    As someone who attends multiple shows, you must get tired of hearing certain songs every time though. Hurt, Closer, HLAH to name a few. I can't listen to any of those songs ever again, if they pop up on a playlist, i skip them, or sometimes even flat out remove them from a playlist. If it's a live show I am playing, i'll completly nix it from the list.

There must be songs of NIN you don't like, or cringe when you hear them. Closer is one of those songs for me, and if I cringe when I hear it, I can just imagine how it is for Trent having to play it live. I mean, it shows, as he actually started to scrap Closer from the setlist during the NIN/JA run. He never played it at the Wiltern or Henry Fonda shows, or many of the other shows on that tour for that fact. And he even stated in an interview when he reconnects with friends back home who have familys and stuff and he said "I think to myself, what had I accomplished in the last 10 years, I played HLAH over 700 times". To me, that there shows he is kind of bored of playing that song live as well.

It's not so much the generic setlist songs that piss me off like Burn and The Warning, it's when the man specificly hypes the tour up with his own words by saying this will be a whole re-imagining of NIN. That gets me excited, but when I see the same songs as previous tours popup as "hints" that doesn't give me that reassuing feeling this tour is going to be the "deconstructed" tour he is talking about.

here's the quote:

"The intention is to reconstruct songs based on this new instrumentation and only play songs we as a band feel good about. With Nine Inch Nails last time, I felt that I'd explored that kind of bludgeoning rock thing in a lot of different ways, like I'd done everything I could do with that format"

Upon reading this, I immediatly get the impression we are in for a brand new setlist, stuff that has never been played live before. Maybe even the attempt to try and play remixes live from YZR, Further Down The spiral and Things Falling Apart. How kick ass would that be?

Just imagine a completly new setlist composing of songs that A) have never been played live B) are deconstructed alternate versions of classics and C) remixed songs (B & C could technically be thrown together in the same category).

If you have been to as many shows as you said you have, then you would be open to the idea of a completly revamped new set without the same songs that have been played over and over throughout the last decade.

I'll still hit up as many shows as I financially am capable of this fall just because this is my favourite band of all time, and as a fan I am not afraid to admit I don't like every single song Trent has done in his career...*gasp* I know it's hard to believe, but not everybody is going to like every single song from an artist!

But in your words, To each his/her own!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-10-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Funny how you particularly mention Burn, the song which has undergone more changes in its live incarnation than the other so-called "staples".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure whether there is a post already about it or not but we could start with our assumptions on the songs that will make the setlist, those 45 songs adrian mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

In my opinion the only songs to have their spot granted are wish, burn, gave up, the frail, the wretched and hurt. what do you think?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Ilan's lovely NIN rehearsal drumkit: http://Instagram.com/p/ZHDFabPK6p/

I also see a gtr/keyboard set up in the back... Josh Eustis's?
    ....that second drum set up on the right. bigger bas drum. 'the fragile'

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Reznor
    "The intention is to reconstruct songs based on this new instrumentation and only play songs we as a band feel good about. With Nine Inch Nails last time, I felt that I'd explored that kind of bludgeoning rock thing in a lot of different ways, like I'd done everything I could do with that format"

We are in for a brand new setlist, stuff that has never been played live before. Maybe even the attempt to try and play remixes live from YZR, Further Down The spiral and Things Falling Apart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking, that would be awesome if they played the great below live during this tour. And that would get better if trent introduced the band members and last but not least "the great belew" and then all faded to great below, lol.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yeah, I still don't get if "deconstruct" means figuring out how to play the usual songs with different band members or if they're going to actually deconstruct them in a "With Teeth-era radio shows w/ P. Murphy" kind of way (which would be awesome). While the latter would still offer them the chance to actually re-imagine the songs/band, shut up and play the hits, I'm afraid they'll go for the usual routine and play it safe.
    I'm still not sure how to feel about the whole thing though... especially as Trent sold us the hiatus as him being tired of putting himself back into the mindset of a guy on drugs singing songs about misery and depression. Just now to return singing old songs by a guy on drugs, who wrote about misery and depression.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    After seeing the mindblowing things they did with the HTDA tour, and knowing that at one time they were designing that for only Coachella, there's no way TR will construct anything that resembles a business-as-usual NIN tour. He's thinking big. (And in the grand scheme of things, you aren't going to give a shit if it includes "Head Like a Hole" every night.)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    here's the quote:

trent never said "deconstructed," he said, as you quoted, RECONSTRUCT. that doesn't mean stripped down versions of songs and the vibe from the "still" sessions. it means a RECONSTRUCTION. to me, that says things like "can we perform this without backing tracks and do all the instrumentation live?" and "what if we re-order the structure of the song?"

but, that's just me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    you must get tired of hearing certain songs every time though. Hurt, Closer, HLAH to name a few. I can't listen to any of those songs ever again, if they pop up on a playlist, i skip them, or sometimes even flat out remove them from a playlist. If it's a live show I am playing, i'll completly nix it from the list.
    No I don't, and that sounds very sad to me. But again, to each his/her own.

If you have been to as many shows as you said you have, then you would be open to the idea of a completly revamped new set without the same songs that have been played over and over throughout the last decade.
    Sure, I'd love to see anything Trent puts on stage. But I wouldn't be "disappointed" or "sick" of hearing anything. I love Closer. I'm going to listen to Closer right now, in your honor. I'm going to follow it up with HLAH too. Just because *you* don't like those songs doesn't mean they're universally despised by anyone, Trent included. Unless he comes out and says "I hate playing Closer and I'm not going to do it anymore," none of us have any idea what goes through the man's head when constructing setlists.

I'll still hit up as many shows as I financially am capable of this fall just because this is my favourite band of all time, and as a fan I am not afraid to admit I don't like every single song Trent has done in his career...*gasp* I know it's hard to believe, but not everybody is going to like every single song from an artist!
    This is very true, but it comes across as really entitled and bratty when people start whining that Closer - one of the biggest and most well-recognized songs in NIN's catalog - makes the setlist more often than not. Like I said, it winds up sounding like something off a Phish board. Can't we just be happy that they're touring again? As many shows as I've seen, in as many incarnations and formats (even the sloppy-ass years), I've never been to a show that hasn't blown me away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also, thanks for the clip, that's a killer fucking Burn, and as I said, I'm a bit of a Burn connoisseur. If Ilan's bringing that intensity, you should be glad, not sad! Maybe one day I'll get to an Aussie show.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Its funny to see all the AKAI controllers they have on stage.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    For the LITS tour, I saw 2 shows (one for the first time around north america, one when they came back around after south america) and the setlist was exactly the same at both shows, every single song, the exact order, the same 3 ghosts songs, and the same 2 YZ screen songs.
    I loved every fucking minute at that second show, didn't give two fucks that I could guess the next song. I still scream with HLAH, dance to Closer, nearly cry during Hurt.
    Can we quit bitching about a setlist WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT YET?
    (the answer is no, because we are NIN fans, we will never not bitch.)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    just now wanted to bitch about people bitching about people bitching, when i realised we'd reach inception level 10.

god, i hated that movie.

let's rather look forward to the nine inch nailz tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen NIN 3 times now, once at performance 2007, twice at Wave Goodbye shows... I've still never seen Closer live, I don't care what anyone here says, if he drops it again i won't be happy

(Not that my emotions have any bearing on the setlists, damn i'm glad to be seeing them again)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    I've seen NIN 3 times now, once at performance 2007, twice at Wave Goodbye shows... I've still never seen Closer live, I don't care what anyone here says, if he drops it again i won't be happy

(Not that my emotions have any bearing on the setlists, damn i'm glad to be seeing them again)
    07 show - leeds festival?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    ....that second drum set up on the right. bigger bas drum. 'the fragile'
    Somebody comments it's the same location where HTDA did their rehearsals.

If so, it's this location:
    http://www.showbizstudios.com/studio_map.html#

http://www.showbizstudios.com/stage4/

Hopefully there will be more pics and videos soon.
    Last edited by witte; 05-10-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    07 show - leeds festival?
    Yeah,
    Leeds '07, Manchester MEN and Sonisphere '09
    then Leeds again this year (man I am getting too old for festivals)