Page 31 of 99 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Nice. Do you remember any of the setlist?

Edit: Typical setlist listing is here. So I'll change my question and ask if you remember anything memorable/different about the way the songs were played, or details about the production?
    Had several beers that evening plus have been to so many shows in the meantime that it's honestly difficult to remember the particulars, but do remember the place going apeshit when they played Get Down Make Love. There wasn't much in the way of production, the stage was so small there was barely enough room for the band and seemed like they may have just used the house lights, but it worked. I also remember Robin had to go to the ER right after the show as they thought he had broken a rib but never heard anything about it afterwards. For some reason I remember more about the conversation with Danny than the show itself, probably had sobered up quite a bit by then.

There is some footage from that club tour on Closure but could never tell if it was from the show we went to or not.
    Last edited by Landshark; 03-13-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I think it's a bit shit that Sanctified hasn't been played since the mid-90s. If YouKnowWho is reading, consider sorting this out.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Re: 1995 Fall Tour

The setlist at ninwiki was added me a few years ago, and the only source I had is a small tour page at Burning Souls website. Not sure if it's still available.
    ========

Re: G'n'R tour

There wasn't really any 'GNR support tour' in the same fashion as Skinny Puppy, J&MC and Peter Murphy support tours. The NIN Historian tour dates page always had just two or three single dates marked as 'support for gnr', while the rest of them were either NIN solo or opening for other bands (The Ustoppable Sex Machines, The Wonderstuff)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Meathead Perspective was one of the most fun things about being a NIN fan for a long time. Any of you newer people should check out the archives:
    http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/
    The Meathead Perspective was great, I was bummed out to see it disappear just before Josh Freese left the band. I'm sure there could've been some good cartoons in 2009.

Didn't Meathead keep doing those weird-ass "Dave & Ugg" cartoons on YouTube though? It seemed weird to be uncomfortable with NIN jokes in his 30s, but not that cartoon. Personally, I wouldn't criticize him for doing either, there are worse things a grown man can do than humor.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sukey View Post

Hmm, so no more bludgeoning rock? That will go down well at Reading/Leeds (I'm still so sore about this whole thing).

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    That will go down well everywhere, I fear.
    It went down quite well at Sonisphere.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I really wish there was a decent boot of that concert. The setlist looks amazing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I would be perfectly fine if I dint hear tracks like Wish, HLAH, Gave Up, MoTP played live at all this tour.

Their great songs, dont get me wrong. But ive heard the so freakin many times over the last 20 years, on albums, live in person, on bootlegs, ect.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I think it's a bit shit that Sanctified hasn't been played since the mid-90s. If YouKnowWho is reading, consider sorting this out.
    Eric Avery could hold down that fuckin' bassline like the monster he is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tambourines.

Those instruments are pretty neat.

They also make great sounds.

They got their point across pretty well during the last couple of tours.

I'm pretty satisfied with my dose of tambourines.

I think we've had enough of those!
    Last edited by hobochic; 03-15-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to see plenty of lights, lazers, and gear onstage... Maybe TR or Alessandro could use a z-tar by Starr Labs to trigger midi parts a la Rob Swire from Pendulum/Knife Party.

The mix is kind of iffy, but you get the idea... But who knows, NIN could do an in-the-round arena show for all we know...
    Last edited by ThrowItAllAway; 03-15-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    What part of "epileptic band member" makes you think strobes and lasers are going to be an option?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I don't really know how it works, but does the strobe cause the same effect even when you stand facing the crowd and the lights themselves are behind your back? I realize you'll see flashes of light anyway but it shouldn't be as severe as watching the stage from the crowd.
    Last edited by fillow; 03-15-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Even eyes shut with them behind you can cause problems with bad epilepsy, depends how bad his is tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There are two relevant links on google when you search for 'eric avery epilepsy'. One is this thread. The other is the man himself talking about how watching Aphex Twin would be bad for him, a lightshow which literally consists of shining flashing lasers into the crowd and nothing else, and knowing RDJ, is DESIGNED to fuck with the audience. He's played in half a dozen bands live, and Jane's definitely have had strobes in the past. He's 47 years old, and I imagine if he thought the NIN lightshow would have to be dramatically changed, he wouldn't do it.

It's not going to be an issue in the slightest.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    --> PARA LOS QUE AÚN NO SE HAN UNIDO...

TRAIGAMOS A NINE INCH NAILS A PERÚ POR SU GIRA DE REGRESO
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/425226864231801/

TRAIGAMOS A NINE INCH NAILS A SUDAMERICA POR SU GIRA DE REGRESO
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/339336349499542/

PASEN LA VOZ!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ah yes, I remember all those big tours that got started by Facebook groups.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Now monday 3/18 Pukkelpop will announce the first names. And I will hear from my source more about a gig in the Netherlands on august 16th.

vvv I think you are the problem. I'm visiting Pukkelpop for years now. The best festival I've ever seen and been. A lot of top liners, a lot of new bands, 8 podia, enough space and everybody is relaxed. Belgium people are relaxed. NIN played @ PP in 2007: one of the best gigs I've seen. Trent said in a later interview he liked the festival and the service and atmosphere at the festival.

Rock Werchter? That's an other story. For NIN not the best festival....
    Last edited by witte; 03-16-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    Now monday 3/18 Pukkelpop will announce the first names. And I will hear from my source more about a gig in the Netherlands on august 16th.
    I really hope pukkelpop is out of the question. Horrible festival crowds here in Belgium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll see if I can pick up a copy of the NME to scan in tomorrow. And then wash my hands in bleach.
    did u get a chance to pick up a copy of that NME interview??

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    did u get a chance to pick up a copy of that NME interview??
    Digital Edition:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ze=1588%2C2048

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...ze=1583%2C2048

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I suppose that will be that then: http://lowlands.nl/ The plot thickens...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Cool

vvv I think you are the problem. I'm visiting Pukkelpop for years now. The best festival I've ever seen and been. A lot of top liners, a lot of new bands, 8 podia, enough space and everybody is relaxed. Belgium people are relaxed. NIN played @ PP in 2007: one of the best gigs I've seen. Trent said in a later interview he liked the festival and the service and atmosphere at the festival.

Rock Werchter? That's an other story. For NIN not the best festival....
    i second that. Nin is perfect for Pukkelpop. A big alternative festival at its best, like Dour festival. I've visited several festivals in different countries, and wouldnt choose this nickname if i did encounter a better festival...
    Werchter is totally different, more commercial, less atmoshpere.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    The Meathead Perspective was great, I was bummed out to see it disappear just before Josh Freese left the band. I'm sure there could've been some good cartoons in 2009.
    Yeah, I really liked all of the flash cartoons Meathead made. I think one of my favorite cartoons he made was the "I Like Dudes" one.
    Someone on the old forum made a full song out of that little sound clip, I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    "Familiar with who?"

Oh boy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    "Familiar with who?"

Oh boy.
    I bet he's been dying to say that about someone ever since the Roger Waters interview.

Sorry I didn't pick up a copy, didn't end up anywhere near a newsagents in the end.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Not knowing a band from a foreign country doesn't make them obscure, it makes you a foreigner. Trent needs to learn this from Germany.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    "Familiar with who?"

Oh boy.
    harsh.
    dunno about the rest of the boys, but their guitarist Mike, and keyboard player Gambler, are massive NIN fans. They were in a band called Oceansize, and used some of Robins artwork on their third album. True.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Clint Mansell was on their latest record as well. Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they had already reached out for a Reznor appearance at some point, he would have fit quite well on it I think.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfAtom View Post
    harsh.
    dunno about the rest of the boys, but their guitarist Mike, and keyboard player Gambler, are massive NIN fans. They were in a band called Oceansize, and used some of Robins artwork on their third album. True.
    Oh really? Never heard of Biffy Clyro either but I used to be such a huge Oceansize fan. A shame I never got to see them live before they quit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Biffy are from my local town, Kilmarnock, 2 of them are brothers and are quite well known for still drinking and eating out quite regularly in the town, probably quite a big band over here just because they are Scottish when there's not that many great or even good bands coming out of Scotland or even the uk at the moment and can be pretty damn good especially live