Page 378 of 528 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 478 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,340 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    It's a Background World on repeat kinda day

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rob has picked up some new hobbies, I guess.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Too bad AATCHB is just riddled with continuity errors. I mean...little shit like "oops he's on the microphone with one tape spike and two shots later he's on the mic with two tape spikes, even though he never changed mics" is not a problem for me. But "oh hey, indoor concert - wait, no outdoors! - jk we're back inside again" kind of ruins the experience for me. The visuals for the tour and the overall direction of the VHS/DVD are great, but the lack of continuity makes it really distracting for me. I know some people don't notice or aren't bothered by that type of thing, but I have a hard time staying focused when things keep changing.
    Freddie Mercury did this in purpose for Rock Montreal because he hated video albums, and changes outfit mid song for different angles

So I shall believe TR was channeling Freddie, as I believe most days anyway

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is cool.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    It's a Background World on repeat kinda day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    This is cool.
    Definitely undermentioned

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I had no idea all that remix.nin.com shit was on archive.org, awesome find.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosingFocus View Post
    Love Is A Stranger
    Yeah, not sure I can much of a connection there, but on the other hand it is a great song, and I wouldn't be too surprised if it has had a few plays in the Reznor household at some point over the years.

All the talk of AATCHB just makes me think more than ever I'd love to have a new official NIN live release. Especially after watching the Panorama footage - that was shot really well, and the band sound amazing. Now is the time.
    Last edited by ChipRock; 08-09-2017 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really like AATCHB just the way it is . The continuity issues never really bothered me, it presents a glimpse of the tour as a whole rather than a particular show. Also any sound issues or not being HD and everything, kinda reflects the chaos and imperfection of what a nin show was back then. I did always hate having to change discs mid performance though, not sure why that was necessary .

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Today i brushed my teeth to the rhythm of "The Wretched"
    Thanks to With Teeth, I have brushed my teeth with both the album and the actual song in mind, mostly to the rhythm of "[AWITHA_TEETHA]". Even the album cover makes me think of any mint or mint flavored, right up there with toothpaste and mouthwash.

It also made me wonder about Nine Inch Nails fans that were also dentists. (Although, it has also lead me to think about the mechanical type of teeth in gears as well.)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Brush your teeth, kids. You don't want them to end up as nin album artwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mewsick View Post
    I really like AATCHB just the way it is . The continuity issues never really bothered me, it presents a glimpse of the tour as a whole rather than a particular show. Also any sound issues or not being HD and everything, kinda reflects the chaos and imperfection of what a nin show was back then. I did always hate having to change discs mid performance though, not sure why that was necessary .
    It was necessary due to the capacity limitations of the DVD as a medium. That release predates dual-layer DVDs, which would have allowed for it to be on a single disc. I'd REALLY love for them to re-release all of the tour documentaries like what they're doing with the catalog on vinyl. Image if they surprised us with a remastered Closure, AATCHB, BYIT, and finally released Tension on blu-ray. If he's worried about not selling enough, they could make it a limited edition box set just for the fans. I'd be first in line with credit card in hand.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-09-2017 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mewsick View Post
    I did always hate having to change discs mid performance though, not sure why that was necessary .
    I remember that the first time i saw AATCHB was at a Miami restaurant that converted into a club at some event called Poplife.

Anyways, they projected the show and felt like you were in a theater. there was a group there watching and as soon as Complication ended and the break happened, it was like a punch to the groups gut and everyone was smiling like holy crap that was good... and then the next disc went in and everyone was sucked back in... it was a cool experience. But for repeat viewings, it never had that same feeling. but to people i would show it to for the first time, i think that initial shock does affect them the same way. I tended to set a theater mood when i'd show it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Brush your teeth, kids. You don't want them to end up as nin album artwork.
    You made me think of my favorite NIN-shirt (from the ones i own):

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

I've seen that before (back in 2013 probably) and it's cool, but it's missing the ultra buff Trent after he got the buzz cut. We need a new one added with the sunglasses/leather jacket/gloves look too.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    And there's also the very slim Trent with a buzz cut in 1990, and 2002 Trent when AATCHB came out. He kind of had TDS hair, but mixed with facial hair and more built, but not yet as built as 2005 TR. But either way, that was a very good find. I almost forgot about that.

Oh shit. Ghosts I-IV and The Slip are missing too. O_O
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-10-2017 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Fangora actually missed Ghosts I-IV and The Slip. Oh well. It's still a good find nonetheless. =P

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'd really love to hear more YZ live. I haven't heard "Me, I'm Not" or "Vessel" and I would love those. "Survivalism" is great, but it's not the best. "The Great Destroyer" would be a lot cooler if they went off script a bit during the breakdown and Atticus really just smashed some crazy glitchcore out, instead of generally copying the album sound. "In This Twilight" into "Zero-Sum" would be a really cool closer. I don't think "Hurt" should be cut, but it could come before those two.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    You made me think of my favorite NIN-shirt (from the ones i own):

Ha! This is my least favorite shirt! I have a terrible phobia about teeth. I've never been into any of the Nin artwork that includes it. I've had way too much unavoidable dental work. A family member found this shirt in a thrift store and got it for me. I smiled and said thank you but inside I was freaking out about the nightmares the shirt would give me.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It was necessary due to the capacity limitations of the DVD as a medium. That release predates dual-layer DVDs, which would have allowed for it to be on a single disc.
    That's not true. The first dual-layer DVD was Terminator 2, released on Oct. 22, 1997. By 2002, it was super mature, and every Hollywood movie release was dual-layer.

The point is moot anyway, because AATCHB uses dual-layer discs. I looked at it, and Disc 1 uses about 5 GiB, and Disc 2 is about 5.8 GiB. They're using a really high bitrate on the main video stream, about 9.8 Mbps. That's really close to the DVD-Video spec maximum of 10.08 Mbps. And frankly, probably unnecessary. The DVD authoring industry standard is usually to max out at about 8 Mbps. If they had just cut the bitrate about 20%, which would have made it more in-line with usual industry standards, the whole project could have fit on a single 8.5 GiB dual-layer disc, and there probably wouldn't have been any visible quality loss.

Alternatively, as it is authored, they could have fit the entire main feature on disc one, and put all the bonus content on disc 2, but then they couldn't have been cutesy and hidden the bonus video as easter eggs.

tl;dr I think poor authoring decisions were made.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    While I have been used to waiting for long periods of time before each Nine Inch Nails release, this trilogy has me a bit more hyped up than usual. It can't seem to arrive any sooner. However, in spite of that, I'm also sometimes more interested in how the releases hold up afterwards, as much as I like to speculate as much as the next NIN fan. For instance, I know without the journey/process, we wouldn't have the destination/results, but the aftermath of things in general sometimes seemed to interest me much more. (Granted, it's also easy to say that once it's out there/comes to fruition and actually exists.)

Anyway, I just want to see how the trilogy will end up and hold up in the 2020s. Either way, it's a great way for NIN to end this decade, as well as wrapping up almost 30 years since Pretty Hate Machine came out.

(That, and I think I've been coming up with imaginary random set-lists of songs from Not The Actual Events and Add Violence *And whatever the third EP might be.* being performed side by side with songs from Pretty Hate Machine, Broken and The Downward Spiral, which I consider to be the classic trilogy.)

Oh, and while I can see Disappointed being used to refer to the delays and debacles of Firebrand/Sandbag deliveries, the lyric that really kept coming to mind was from Last's, "I know what's coming to me is never going to arrive."
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-10-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Has NIN become a more collaborative project now? Atticus seems to be the first legit second member of NIN...

Sort of like with Al Jourgenson and Paul Barker in Ministry between 1986-2003

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Oh, and while I can see Disappointed being used to refer to the delays and debacles of Firebrand/Sandbag deliveries, the lyric that really kept coming to mind was from Last's, "I know what's coming to me is never going to arrive."
    Lmfao you just reminded me of when someone posted when the NTAE physical component got delayed for the 90th time a huge list of song titles/lyrics being changed to show how pissed we all were about how it was late.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Has NIN become a more collaborative project now? Atticus seems to be the first legit second member of NIN...
    Yeah man...it's official, and has been common knowledge for a long, long time. What rock you been under?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post

Sort of like with Al Jourgenson and Paul Barker in Ministry between 1986-2003
    I'd say no because it hasn't suddenly become anything, Atticus' name was on the writing credits a decade ago

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    What the hell WAS that shirt thing he was wearing in the closer video made out of, anyway? Cotton? It looked like someone took a knife to a beige granny sweater.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    After saying last week that I don't want to pit my favorite nin songs against each other, I've decided:
    Reptile < She's Gone Away

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    After saying last week that I don't want to pit my favorite nin songs against each other, I've decided:
    Reptile < She's Gone Away

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Buddy of mine just sent me this article criticizing a lot of the stuff Trent said in that recent Vulture interview: https://melmagazine.com/trent-reznor...y-ab102e6bf11b
    I'm from the 90's, and agreed with alot of Reznor's complaints. No, I don't get Drake. I get non-rock forms of music just fine. Drake's insistence on being a regular dude and establishing this with basic, boring music (not to be confused with simple, beautiful music) frustrates me. Fuck, I was within earshot of his Coachella show, it was the emperor's clothes. I don't want art to explore his themes; conspicuous consumption, hubris, false modesty. There is a real difference in 90's dwellers' seeking visceral experience and how transcendence is found, now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Just got done doing this