Page 74 of 528 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, the bass from 'The New Flesh' and 'On We March' from The Social Network are definitely related.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

That album is going to leak when I'm on be coach to London tonight. I just know it!

(Why the fuck did I book the coach?!? Fuck sakes)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Want a truly terrifying NIN experience? Listen to Hyperpower's "Misery" track from the YZR multitracks. Goddamn it, it gave me nightmares.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Want a truly terrifying NIN experience? Listen to Hyperpower's "Misery" track from the YZR multitracks. Goddamn it, it gave me nightmares.
    I spent all of yesterday fiddling with Hyperpower, and I'm still shellshocked from having to hear the finale of that element again and again.

As day-ruining as it is, it's curious how some of those backing tracks in Hyperpower tell a bit of a story all on their own. IIRC it's that track which consists of cows and insects early on (you'd never hear it in the full mix), then voices, then distant explosions and screaming, then close bomb drops and yelling, then VERY LOUD gunfire and ending in a horribly distorted shriek.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    That album is going to leak when I'm on be coach to London tonight. I just know it!

(Why the fuck did I book the coach?!? Fuck sakes)
    Because coach is ridiculously cheap and the sexiest way to travel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I DIDN'T KNOW THIS

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was kind of amazing, almost made me think some of the multitracks could stand on their own (and they did, as a part of Vessel was used for that horrible alarm in one of the ARG sites). Also, I listened closely to the distorted voice that says "hyperpower!", and it sounds like it's Trent with his voice filtered to sound like a crowd.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Believe it or not, the plugin that he used to make his voice sound like a crowd is the same one he used when saying "God given". It just has the settings tweaked differently. I've seen it used to make whispers out of normal speech in post production before as well.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I DIDN'T KNOW THIS

They have a whole album! You should download it immediately.

Last night, I dreamed that Copy Of A was an exact replica of Ponygrinder by Tweaker. With Trent singing over it.
    I haven't heard a note of anything new other than Came Back Haunted... I think I'm beginning to steadily go mad.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    When Trent wrote and released March Of The Pigs, do you think he knew he created a song that's impossible not to like and would never get complained about? I wouldn't care if it OPENED and CLOSED every god damn live show.

So much adrenaline, and the All The Pigs, All Lined Up extended outro makes me want to endlessly cum.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    When Trent wrote and released March Of The Pigs, do you think he knew he created a song that's impossible not to like and would never get complained about? I wouldn't care if it OPENED and CLOSED every god damn live show.

So much adrenaline, and the All The Pigs, All Lined Up extended outro makes me want to endlessly cum.
    He knew it.

Why do people hate on Getting Smaller!? "I thought I got you on my side, I haven't got fucking anything"
    is such a badass line to me that it makes the entire song BAD ASS!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    He knew it.

Why do people hate on Getting Smaller!? "I thought I got you on my side, I haven't got fucking anything"
    is such a badass line to me that it makes the entire song BAD ASS!!!
    I feel like it's the lyrics. Flip flop flip flop flip, etc etc etc.

But still, with lines like the one you mentioned, and "I've still got my one good arm, that I can beat my ooooooooooHHH I CAN BEAT MYSELF UP WITH", that's fucking hardcore.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    But still, with lines like the one you mentioned, and "I've still got my one good arm, that I can beat my ooooooooooHHH I CAN BEAT MYSELF UP WITH", that's fucking hardcore.
    That's Trent letting us know he's still able to fap.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    "I can beat myself off with"

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    almost every single fucking show has head like a hole in the encore. Trent just doesn't seem too get tired of it... Oh well, me neither! HEAD LIKE A HOLE!!! BLACK AS YOUR SOUL!!!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    almost every single fucking show has head like a hole in the encore. Trent just doesn't seem too get tired of it... Oh well, me neither! Head like a hole!!! Black as your soul!!!
    i'd rather die than get rid of this song!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I get to see NIN live in 2 days for the first time.

What the fuck.
    Last edited by GavinCollins420; 08-21-2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: stopped making sense

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    lol

porter ricks mix

lol

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    I get to see NIN live in 2 days for the first time.

What the fuck.
    You will be changed forever.

I am disappointed to see from the NME article that HBO rejected the Year Zero series. I think a story like that would have fit in with way things are going in the world today. I feel like he predicted some of what is currently happening, with all the surveillance.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm not a YZ fan (the music end), but with all due respect to HBO ('cause Trent has long since had all of mine)--they can go fuck themselves. I hope the show happens sometime. Or a movie.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-21-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I think a novel would be great if the show can't be managed. Trent has a great sense of narrative flow and I'd love to see him try his hand at a full prose work. Maybe work with a ghostwriter or something.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Good god i need to log in more. there are so many things about which you good folks are talking that i don't know what to reply to.

Ok...yeah...y'all are right. WE all wanna see B-Sides. Everyone else wants to see closer, HLAH, THTF etc. Even my little bro who has been listening to NIN since broken said HE'D be pissed if he went to see nails and didnt hear terrible lie, etc.

Secondly, Hesitation Marks...i don't think it will be the last nails album. And i damn sure don't think this will be the last tour.
    In fact, i think before it's all said and done, we WILL see Trent Reznor preforming, sitting at a piano, a-la still/Bridge school benefit. I honestly thought we'd see this sooner than later. I DID think that LITS/NINJA/Wave Goodbye WERE going to be the last shows, but that's because there's just a starkness to NIN...i don't know how to explain it...i believed him. Ozzy he's not, you know?

Thirdly, does ANYONE believe that trent didn't know that the NOLA house was the manson/tate house? i was watching one of those horror movies where the price on the house is really cheap because johnny killed suzy with a chainsaw there back in the day and blah blah blah, and asked my girl if she thought it was true what tr said, that he didnt know...she called bullshit.

And Morphine by MJ sounds like an NIN song period. not just part of it...the whole thing. i fucking love it.

Finally, i'm gonna start checking this thread more often. i didn't know how much fun was being had without me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    You will be changed forever.

I am disappointed to see from the NME article that HBO rejected the Year Zero series.
    Wait what? Why? Does this mean it's over or that the BBC will just foot the entire bill?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nobies View Post
    Wait what? Why? Does this mean it's over or that the BBC will just foot the entire bill?
    Maybe the BBC will broadcast it on their own channels instead.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I'm confused, since when has the BBC been involved? I thought the deal was with HBO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenLeslie View Post
    I'm confused, since when has the BBC been involved? I thought the deal was with HBO.
    Year Zero was always a co-production with HBO and the BBC.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Ah, okay, thanks. Apparently I was misinformed from the get go. YZ seems an odd match for the BBC to me, but I hope it gets made in any case.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenLeslie View Post
    Ah, okay, thanks. Apparently I was misinformed from the get go. YZ seems an odd match for the BBC to me, but I hope it gets made in any case.
    Unfortunetely, I dont think it will ever happen. Its too good to be true...
    But i am all for it, if its done right-meaning no cheesy special effects like some of those BBC shows.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Yeah, it would be a shame to see the YZ series go to waste. Whether you like the album or not, you have to admit it was prophetic. Even Trent said that he used to have high hopes for Obama when he got elected, but "Year Zero is happening now".

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    lol

porter ricks mix

lol
    sometimes i think i'm the only one who likes this...