Page 94 of 528 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    idle fantasy: after seeing four Fragile songs last night, I want more than ever to hear the new band play The Fragile, front to back. Can you imagine the backing singers on The Big Comedown? Where is Everybody???
    thought exactly the same thing during the concert . .

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I sometimes wished that I had some way to have been a Nine Inch Nails fan when Broken and The Downward Spiral came out through an older cousin, acquaintance or friend as I don't have any brothers or sisters. Or, if I had the chance to have randomly seen anything about Nine Inch Nails on MTV from 1989-1995. Then again, I'd still be too young for Nine Inch Nails, as I was ages 3-10 from 1989-1995, but it's still interesting for me to imagine what that would've been like.

The most realistic fantasy for attending my very first Nine Inch Nails concert at the earliest stage of my life would have to be when The Fragile came out though. I was 13 when The Fragile came out and I turned 15 on 2000. (My birthday is in October, so I turned 14 one month after The Fragile came out.)

In reality though, I got into Nine Inch Nails when I was 16 going 17 in late 2002, and didn't see my first concert until I turned 20 in 2005. However, that really would've been one hell of a childhood memory to have my 8-10 self see Trent Reznor rocking out at any given NIN concert from 1994-1995.

I was also 3 when PHM came out, 6 when Broken came out, and 8 when TDS came out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    People were clapping, including me. It felt right and I had a great time.

I will assume that you are in the minority of people who can actually clap on time with a song.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I will assume that you are in the minority of people who can actually clap on time with a song.
    Oh, man, it's kind of annoying when people don't clap on time. When I saw "Hurt" live, the crowd was terribly out of sync (though they weren't shouting the lyrics, thank God). Robin was staring at us the whole time, looking kinda pissed off.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This is a question, but it's more in the Random NIN Thoughts territory. Were any of you tempted to say "What'd you throw? What you'd throw? Can I offer you a towel in exchange? Thanks man!" during The Only Time, or "Whoever threw that, fuck you! All right!" during Something I Can Never Have at a NIN concert?

Thanks to watching Closure so many times and loving it, those extra parts are stuck in my mind whenever I listen to those songs. It would seem more fun to repeat the line from The Only Time though, but I don't think he's played that since the TDS era.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    everything's blue in this world
    all fuzzy
    spilling out of my head

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaned View Post
    Damn that's subtle. I wouldn't have even recognised it as DJ scratching if I wasn't listening for it. It's at 0:23 & 0:28 right?
    Yup. It's weird.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Step right up! March! Push! Crawl right up on your knees... (I sometimes like to check out to see Chris Vrenna and Richard Patrick are doing.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Stumbled upon this very bizarre short film, does anyone know if it's related at all to our beloved Year Zero?

http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/o...ona-year-zero/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More of a random question: any UK shop that sells and ships Hesitation Marks t-shirts to the EU and accepts Master Card?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Yeah. I'm a terrible clapper. So, I just slap my thigh. It's more subtle. Plus, if I'm out of sync, then no one will ever really notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This old live version of That's What I Get is so perfect.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Where can I find this version of Into The Void?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Where can I find this version of Into The Void?
    It's on the The Fragile remix album.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I want to see Complication live again.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I want to see anything from The Fragile live, always. This tour has helped me realize how fucking beautiful that album is, no question between TDS and TF for favorite album anymore.

Edit because I didn't want to double-post:
    I was on Weird Al's twitter seeing what I've missed lately (damn, a chance to call him today, but he posted it like 8 hours ago). And I noticed Robin Finck follows him. Not really a spotting so I figured post it here instead. I just thought it was really cool.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 10-20-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Weird Al and Weird Robin

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Wow, just one more year until Pretty Hate Machine becomes one quarter of a century. And it's aged so well IMHO.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Since The Fragile is getting re-released at some point, I think it would be great if And All That Could Have Been got re-released as well. My dream re-release would include:

The original concert film, plus any bonus performances that were filmed, on Blu-ray (yes, I realize the material is SD quality, but at least they could fit it all on one disc).
    A three-disc set containing all of the tracks from the film (with any additional tracks included) and Still.
    A nice box to house everything in.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Just found out (via ninwiki) that the people behind The Frail's awesome TFA remix that were credited as Benelli are Josh Eustis and Turk Dietrich (of the band Belong). Then I remembered that I knew about the latter when The NIN Hotline posted a download of a Belong song. I tried kinda hard to make these pieces fit.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The original concert film, plus any bonus performances that were filmed, on Blu-ray (yes, I realize the material is SD quality, but at least they could fit it all on one disc).
    I believe that with the current technology they could've put everything from the old two-dvd set onto one dvd9 easily. The amount of material is roughly the same as on BYIT, it's just that the video codecs weren't as advanced in 2001 as they are now.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    If there were to be a deluxe re-release of AATCHB, I'd imagine it would only be available on a streaming service like Netflix, since Trent cares more about this kind of distribution model than, like he says, "selling plastic discs".

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    If there were to be a deluxe re-release of AATCHB, I'd imagine it would only be available on a streaming service like Netflix, since Trent cares more about this kind of distribution model than, like he says, "selling plastic discs".

let's face it, it's not like he didn't sell any plastic discs this year

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I like 'plastic discs' because you own them and Netflix could remove the show from their schedules any time they want

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I just prefer having physical copies of anything. Be it games, movies or music. I like the feeling of opening up a brand new CD and looking at the booklet (if it comes with one) and just getting immersed in the art while listening to the new music. I don't get that satisfaction with digital downloads, but that's just me anyways.

Though I do understand the convenience of digital downloads.

Spoiler: but if it's for a video game, I definitely prefer physical copies since my internet sucks and plus I like to smell the inside of the game case when it's brand new. It smells soooo good. Give it a try next time you buy a game lol.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @nemesiswontdie - I love that new video game smell. Call me crazy, but I wish there were candle scented video game scents. I still sort of remember what new SNES and GameBoy cartridges smelled like, although it's very hard to explain.

As for the actual topic, I loved seeing Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke) and Al Jourgensen (Ministry) in his movements on stage. It's very clear that they both had a heavy influence on his stage presence as well.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Trent is still very much about selling a physical piece of art, he is proud of the packaging design and art, and has mentioned that in various interviews before. I remember reading in a recent one how he never cared about winning a grammy, but would have loved getting some sort of award for package design.
    I mean, the guy still presses vinyl of his albums, and we buy it. I can't see him going digital only anytime soon (or ever). And I hope he doesn't, because we're fucking collectors. Having a collection of a bunch of digital information, or having a log of NIN stuff in our instant queue on Netflix is not the same as bookshelves and walls covered in real media.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I might as well get this out now, but I'll admit that I know it's what I shouldn't really expect. I've actually seen lots of people with Guns N' Roses and Nirvana T-shirts, hats, wristbands, and wallets, but barely any Nine Inch Nails T-shirts. I'd really like to think that Nine Inch Nails is just as a big as a late 1980s and early 1990s giant as Guns N' Roses and Nirvana, but I think it seems like more people have heard of Guns N' Roses and Nirvana in spite of the success and popularity Nine Inch Nails has. It's also wishful and fanatic thinking, so I hope that you can pardon me for the slight "fanboyism" here.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-21-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ok, guys, I'm serious, this needs to return to the live shows because of reasons

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I might as well get this out now, but I'll admit that I know it's what I shouldn't really expect. I've actually seen lots of people with Guns N' Roses and Nirvana T-shirts, hats, wristbands, and wallets, but barely any Nine Inch Nails T-shirts. I'd really like to think that Nine Inch Nails is just as a big as a late 1980s and early 1990s giant as Guns N' Roses and Nirvana, but I think it seems like more people have heard of Guns N' Roses and Nirvana in spite of the success and popularity Nine Inch Nails has. It's also wishful and fanatic thinking, so I hope that you can pardon me for the slight "fanboyism" here.
    If it makes you feel any better, I have easily 30 or more official NIN shirts (and like 5-6 of the approved fan-designed NIN shirts DYSD.ca made). It's to the point taht everyone at my entire university knows me as the guy who loves NIN.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe someone needs to get a petition going to get Trent to release that Everything video already

https://mobile.twitter.com/SHYNOLAfi...1164643329?p=v