Page 456 of 528 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 466 506 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,680 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The only two genres/directions that TR/NIN haven't done yet that I would die to hear would be some more progressive rock/metal type songs and shoegaze/post-rock type instrumentals. I feel like after the trilogy and bad witch that TR/AR are going in a more art-rock/metal direction which is awesome too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm not really expecting new NIN this year, to be honest. A full album of music spread out over the past two years, a bunch of touring, pretty much an entire album cycle, I think that means that Trent and Atticus will put NIN on the backburner for a little while to focus on other things. I'm anticipating mostly score stuff and the vinyl reissues, but maybe there'll be something weird too, like new HTDA or even a new side project. Not NIN, though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I'm not really expecting new NIN this year, to be honest. A full album of music spread out over the past two years, a bunch of touring, pretty much an entire album cycle, I think that means that Trent and Atticus will put NIN on the backburner for a little while to focus on other things. I'm anticipating mostly score stuff and the vinyl reissues, but maybe there'll be something weird too, like new HTDA or even a new side project. Not NIN, though.
    I would tend to agree. Maybe a one-off single as an experiment. Maybe as part of the greatest hits they owe to Interscope. Hopefully some of the Vibyl that’s been long overdue. Maybe a summer festival circuit.

In some ways I think a break is good. Leave people wanting more. Wait until you are recharged and have something really fresh and interesting to say.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I had expectations that HTDA would be the next major release. However, didn't Trent say in an interview during the touring cycle that the next nin project was already planned?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't see us getting any new Nine Inch Nails music this year (I'd love to be proven wrong, of course), but we're getting new score material at least, and I'm hoping we'll get some anniversary goodies for The Downward Spiral and/or The Fragile.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't see us getting any new Nine Inch Nails music this year (I'd love to be proven wrong, of course), but we're getting new score material at least, and I'm hoping we'll get some anniversary goodies for The Downward Spiral and/or The Fragile.
    If we do, i think it'll be something like NTAE was and come out at the tail end of the year. Atticus did say they know what the next NIN release is going to be and they were excited to begin working on it. Hopefully this year we get DEs for With Teeth, The Slip, and Year Zero. The Watchman Score, and *fingers crossed* a Live and Cold and Black and Infinite release.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I had expectations that HTDA would be the next major release. However, didn't Trent say in an interview during the touring cycle that the next nin project was already planned?
    He did say that, yes. But we'll have the Watchmen score before that. And that's certainly going to be very cool.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm listening to The Fragile: Deviations 1 for the first time in a long time and about halfway through "One Way To Get There" this weird percussion starts up in the background and I'm 99% positive it's either the exact percussion from "Memorabilia" sped up or is heavily inspired by it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been listening to Fixed a lot and love how it sounds on my record player. For a long time I considered it a difficult listen but it is magical on vinyl.

FDTS is amazing as is, but a vinyl release would really enhance the listen. I want a combo vinyl of FDTS v1 and v2 that includes everything, as I wouldn't be able to choose either release. It's not too late to make this happen!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    NIN will release their live unreleased anthology including the 1995 pro shot, outakes from AATCHB, LITS, Tension and B&C&I. At least 5 blue ray CDs

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I always still have an urge to listen to The Downward Spiral, The Fragile and With Teeth right next to each other when switching between songs, even in spite of how much Pretty Hate Machine and Broken are also a given for me to listen to whenever I listen to TDS. The journey and legends/chapters throughout those particular NIN eras still fascinate me. It also just sounds very adventurous and inspiring in hindsight depending on my mood altogether.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    This is too much of a stretch to be called a "NIN spotting", so I'm putting it here. The website Hidden Palace (a wiki about cancelled/prototype video games) has a logo that features dirt (ok, more like sand) and a computer chip.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Remembered this today;

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Is React Now Trent covering Cash covering NIN? Considering he does the Cash lyric?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I was just thinking about how the number 9 was one of my favorite numbers before I knew about NIN, just like the rectangle also being one of my favorite shapes. I also like how it coincides with NIN being very much a 1990s musician immersed in the 1990s and well known for it, with PHM and TF coming out in 1989 and 1999. That's a lot of 9 right there, including 9 fitting into a rectangle 40 times as far as degrees go. It's also just one of those cases where timing is ultimately everything.

Aside from that, I also wanted to say that I love the way Trent sings/screams "I'm straight. I won't crack. On my way and I can't go back. I'm okay. I'm on track. Lost my way and I won't go back. I'm okay. I won't crack. Lost my way and I can't come back. I'm straight. I won't crack. Lost my way and I can't come back. I'm okay. I won't crack. Lost my way and I can't come back. I'm straight I won't crack. Lost my way. Can't come back. Lost my way. Can't come back. Lost my way. Can't come back. I can't come back."

This is a first for me, as I didn't really look up the live version of Even Deeper that much (And if I heard this one before, it's probably been so long that I might've forgotten about it.), but the way he did it here kind of gave me similar feelings to The Becoming's "It won't give up. It wants me dead. Goddamn this noise inside my head."

Whoa, and as I was just reminded of Nine Inch Nails being referenced on Home Improvement and The Nanny, that means I've definitely heard of NIN and saw a picture of Trent Reznor long before becoming a fan in 2002.

I also like how NIN being referenced on Home Improvement can be looked at as a carpentry or construction pun on top of NIN being huge in 1990s out of all the other references on TV shows and movies. (If I'm not mistaken that is, and for all I know that was probably intentional.) On The Nanny, the joke was of Francine Fine mistaking Nine Inch Nails for Barbra Streisand. If only they did a joke like that on Home Improvement where Timothy Allen and Albert Borland mistake the musician for literal nine inch nails. If only there was also a Tool reference on Home Improvement. But yes, that just hit me too.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-05-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I can’t sleep and I’m miserable and ended up finding myself listening to And All That Could Have Been (the song) on repeat and sweet fucking jesus that song rips my heart to shreds

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I hope new NIN has zero reference to old NIN this time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I had the weirdest dream last night and it has been haunting me all damn day. It basically came down to Trent Reznor living together with me and my family... in the house that i grew up in. It was Trent Reznor with his appearance (looks) from the mid to end 90's. He simply was there, moved around the house. talked to me. sometimes he wondered and questioned about every day life, almost as if he tried to understand it as he was sometimes amazed or confused by simple every day things. He seemed tired and worn down, while also looking to bond with other people. He even watched TV with me, or played a bit on a PS2 console. I clearly remember him telling us (me and the others) that he wanted to rest and relax.

The weirdest dream i ever had in terms of famous people. I don't remember ever dreaming about something like that and i am a rather lucid dreamer. Lucid enough to sometimes give me a sense of dreams being another reality. and that is odd in its own right.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @Detunez - I've also been there as I actually had a dream of hanging out with Trent Reznor as depicted on Closure. I immediately woke up when I realized that...

1. No fucking way. Ever.

2. Why was I so calm and not awkward, nervous and shy? *Insert "We're not worthy!" vibe from Wayne's World*

3. I wasn't even in my 20s during any part of the 1990s... Just WTF is going on here?

And then I woke up, but to the point where I just shot up out of bed as if I woke up from a nightmare, but it thankfully wasn't since Trent and I got along rather well in my dream and he was very hospitable and polite. The exact moment in the dream when that occurred was when I began attempting to discuss his music with him and then 1-3 slammed me really hard and just kicked me back into real life ASAP. (I'm sure that I also mentioned it somewhere in the NIN dreams thread.)

Oh, right. I also forgot to mention that I was also in Closure during the dream as well and got to meet Marilyn Manson as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-10-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Just listened to the surround sound mix of With Teeth for the first time in atleast 10 years. Damn we need more of the albums done this way. It’s a completely different album, when people rank the best NIN albums this is the real version that should be considered. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The surround mix of TDS is great too.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @elevenism - As somebody born in 1985, I've always noticed that some Halos matched what I was, or what age I turned on that exact year depending on what part of the year the Halo came out. When Year Zero, Ghosts I-IV and The Slip came out, I thought that actually was over but it turns out that some of the Halos have been getting back to matching my age in their respective years.

I'll just name a few of them by the decade.

1990s - The Downward Spiral, Closure, The Fragile

2000s - And All That Could Have Been. Live./Still., With Teeth, Beside You In Time

2010s - Hesitation Marks, Add Violence, Bad Witch

It definitely slipped my mind for a while until I started looking up the Halo numbers again. I also thought of bringing this up in your thread about what age we were and how old we were when we became NIN fans, but I thought it would be better off fitting in here, and I just wanted to let you know. And as mentioned, I thought it came to an end when I saw how close Year Zero, Ghosts I-IV and The Slip came out in addition to all of those Halo numbers being greater than my age at the time. It's the hiatuses that somehow got it back yet again. I also still like how I can always look back and remember that I was half of Trent's age when I saw him live for the first time in my life ever.

So to any other NIN fans out there born in 1985, we kind of got this with some Halos.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    @Halo Infinity that's fucking awesome

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Alright...time for a new proper live album. The C+B+I tour definitely deserves it. I don't care about a live film but a new live album would be great.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Alright...time for a new proper live album. The C+B+I tour definitely deserves it. I don't care about a live film but a new live album would be great.
    shit, I'd like a film, too. I love those type of things. I've watched Beside You In Time at LEAST fifty times. As a kid, I'm pretty sure I went over the 100 mark with A Show of Hands : I thought you might appreciate that

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    shit, I'd like a film, too. I love those type of things. I've watched Beside You In Time at LEAST fifty times. As a kid, I'm pretty sure I went over the 100 mark with A Show of Hands : I thought you might appreciate that

A Show Of Hands is fantastic!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    what is "a show of hands"?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    what is "a show of hands"?
    It's a live album by Rush.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    And a... (shudders) concert video:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think Only is one of my favorite NIN songs but I don't listen to it nearly as much as you would listen to a favorite song. It's a weird thing.