Page 443 of 528 FirstFirst ... 343 393 433 441 442 443 444 445 453 493 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,290 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    So like
    Seeing Mr Self Destruct live (for the first time in 23 years) in Denver, I realized that it's a warning, and an utterly fucking terrifying one at that.

I sure do wish 14 year old me understood what "the high you can't sustain" actually meant.

When he said "I am a silencing machine/I am the end of all your dreams," yeah, I was like " oh god. Oh, fuck. "

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Musically that's not a terrible cover, but dear lord are those vocals embarrassing. He's not a particularly bad singer, but that was the most try-hard edgy shit I've heard in a while. And no one should ever have ad-libs in a cover, ever. Especially not in an effort to show how dark and cool they are. Ugh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Now that we got The Perfect Drug live... Dear @teitan how about And All That Could Have Been?
    Also that Hand Covers Bruise Intro into Beside You In Time is stellar as well. Just saying.

Those are probably my big 3 wishes to hear live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Now that we got The Perfect Drug live... Dear @teitan how about And All That Could Have Been?
    Also that Hand Covers Bruise Intro into Beside You In Time is stellar as well. Just saying.

Those are probably my big 3 wishes to hear live.
    If I heard And All That Could Have Been live I think I would just be done with all music after that forever, like what's the point after that?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I was listening to Bad Witch and have noticed that the saxophone parts from Play the Goddamned Part reminded me of the Ganon/Ganondorf theme from The Legend of Zelda. I'm not sure if that was already mentioned though, and if it was also noticed, I doubt it's going to be as widely thought of as the Final Fantasy theme reference to All Time Low. As a result, Play the Goddamned Part became even more of a favorite.

Aside from that, I definitely needed to let Bad Witch grow on me. Shit Mirror and Over and Out are still my go-to songs though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Currently listening to the Gone Girl soundtrack. Regardless of how often I listen to it, the last song catches me off guard every time. Silence (or almost silence) and I think to myself I need to put something else on, but then that ominous ending explodes from my speakers and I stop in my tracks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    Currently listening to the Gone Girl soundtrack. Regardless of how often I listen to it, the last song catches me off guard every time. Silence (or almost silence) and I think to myself I need to put something else on, but then that ominous ending explodes from my speakers and I stop in my tracks.

I literally just put a post in the OST section about this track!!

And ya, the last bit scares me. I'm pretty sure this track is an actual living demon beast.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The problem with super rich NIN fans is they can fuck us over when it comes to auctions. I tried my damnedest to win one of the tour Roland keyboards... and I would have done anything to win one of the Fragile Les Pauls (I knew immediately I had no chance).

Needless to say I didn't win a god damn thing. I'm actually surprised someone like Jack Osborn didn't just buy everything.... Albeit I would have if I had millions.

> What ever happened to all the Fragile guitars? < There was a site that listed all the items and selling price... but no stories....?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

> What ever happened to all the Fragile guitars? < There was a site that listed all the items and selling price... but no stories....?
    I think Jason Hook (a guitarist for Five Finger Death Punch) was able to get one of them. I think he has a soft spot for The Fragile, but that's the last i heard of it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^ I need to become friends with this 5FDP guitarist!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    the saxophone parts from Play the Goddamned Part reminded me of the Ganon/Ganondorf theme from The Legend of Zelda.
    Nine Inch Nails - Theme for Legend of Zelda.mp3

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Nine Inch Nails - Theme for Legend of Zelda.mp3
    If Trent Reznor walks out on stage with an ocarina I’m gonna lose my shit.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Just to merely imagine how that would translate A Warm Place, La Mer or Leaving Hope. (Or any other song for that matter, but those were the 3 songs were certainly first to came to mind.)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    4:15 to 4:47 in All the Love In the World is one of the greatest moments in music, ever

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Suspect the odds are slim to none, but I could really use a full album of Trilogy remixes.

I for one loved YZR and (in general) find remixes add longevity to already strong tracks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Suspect the odds are slim to none, but I could really use a full album of Trilogy remixes.

I for one loved YZR and (in general) find remixes add longevity to already strong tracks.
    Didn't Trent sort of elude to something along these lines in a recent interview. Not necessarily traditional remixes, but reworked versions of the songs as a single album. Band remixes / alternate versions worked into a single album type release would be awesome in my opinion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Didn't Trent sort of elude to something along these lines in a recent interview. Not necessarily traditional remixes, but reworked versions of the songs as a single album. Band remixes / alternate versions worked into a single album type release would be awesome in my opinion.
    I must have missed that one, but I love that concept! Even if it were just "live in rehearsals" recordings like we got for With Teeth and The Slip, I'd be thrilled.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I would love for NIN to perform The Fragile in full one day. Really make it special and expand the live band. It would be great if he got the two female vocalists from the Tension Tour back and perhaps bring in another guitarist/bassist/multi-instrumentalist and a small 3-4 piece string section.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i personally miss the remix ep/lp side of nin. for hesitation marks we had the "seed 8" remix digital ep, and i would be grateful for something along those lines for the trilogy.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I would love for NIN to perform The Fragile in full one day. Really make it special and expand the live band. It would be great if he got the two female vocalists from the Tension Tour back and perhaps bring in another guitarist/bassist/multi-instrumentalist and a small 3-4 piece string section.
    Yes, this please! Bring back Pino, Sharlotte, and Lisa, plus the string section from the Bridge School shows. Two nights at Massey Hall when it re-opens just in time for the 20th anniversary of The Fragile... I'll bring the legal weed! [/dreaming]
    Last edited by botley; 10-19-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yes, this please! Bring back Pino, Sharlotte, and Lisa, plus the string section from the Bridge School shows. Two nights at Massey Hall next year when it re-opens just in time for The Fragile's 20th anniversary... I'll bring the legal weed!
    Yeah, Pino was awesome! I'd love him back. They may have to spread it across 2 nights. Could even bring out guests like Wave Goodbye. Get Mike Garson out. Of course, this will be the vinyl tracklist with The New Flesh and 10 Miles High and why not add Appendage for fun. 20th anniversary is almost upon us.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @teitan
    I would love to have a lossless copy of Nine Inch Nails' version of David Bowie's I Can't Give Everything Away and would happily pay. I know Trent didn't want to make money off it and the passing of Bowie, but perhaps he could put it up for sale somewhere like Bandcamp and have the money go to a charity or something in Bowie's honor. It's just sad that this beautiful and special rendition is only available in crumby lossy MP3 compression. It deserves more than that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    From the Stereogum.com interview:

STEREOGUM: Do your kids like your music?
    REZNOR: The little they’ve been allowed to listen to. [Laughs]

I definitely cracked a smile when I read this! I wonder which songs they've listened to

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Where is the mp3 of I can’t give everything away?!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    4:15 to 4:47 in All the Love In the World is one of the greatest moments in music, ever
    While I very much agree with you, I'd only change 4:15 to 3:12 as I love the way it builds up to 4:15 - 4:47. But yes. It's definitely one of my most favorite parts of the song and even With Teeth as a whole.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    From the Stereogum.com interview:

STEREOGUM: Do your kids like your music?
    REZNOR: The little they’ve been allowed to listen to. [Laughs]

I definitely cracked a smile when I read this! I wonder which songs they've listened to

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/martin-taylor...y-farewell-mix

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    @bobbie solo 's link is a live version. NIN actually uploaded a studio version on soundcloud anonymously before they ever even played it live. Unfortunately they took down the soundcloud account, so you can't get it straight from the source anymore. Google around for it and you should be able to find it. If you can't, PM me and I'll find a way to get it to you.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Together... 'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written.
    'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written.
    'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written.

Hooooo-ooooooh...

(live Fragility version chimes in)

'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written!

'The Day The World Went Away' (The Fragile, Still, Quiet) is the best song Trent has ever written!

"YAAH-OOH!" *power chords*