Page 428 of 512 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,840 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Could see them go for a more subdued approach like A Minute to Breathe.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think it’s going to be a while before another album if there is another one at all. Why?
    1. They just completed over two years of major studio commitments to NIN, and delivered a ton of work to us to chew on for a while. It’s hard to come up with all that in addition to soundtracks.
    2. This is like the tour to end all tours, they are playing EVERY deep cut ever. Feels like they might be getting that out of hair system too.
    3. He’s been tending to his legacy in the themes of his work, in the remastered albums, etc. A lot of looking back. Like he’s at the end of this thing. Where do you go after that? Likely forward to something totally different, maybe even a different band.

I think if anything I would expect some kind of major break, or some hard left turn. Maybe a few years off, exploring other kinds of projects - maybe me might do a film or TV or some other kind of artistic pursuit. Maybe a new band. Maybe producing other people. Who knows. As an artist I know how you need to keep switching things up to have something to come back to that’s worth creating. He’s done that before. He seems like the type to leave people wanting more.

I predict no new NIN albums for at least two years, if ever again. That’s my take.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I think it’s going to be a while before another album if there is another one at all. Why?
    1. They just completed over two years of major studio commitments to NIN, and delivered a ton of work to us to chew on for a while. It’s hard to come up with all that in addition to soundtracks.
    2. This is like the tour to end all tours, they are playing EVERY deep cut ever. Feels like they might be getting that out of hair system too.
    3. He’s been tending to his legacy in the themes of his work, in the remastered albums, etc. A lot of looking back. Like he’s at the end of this thing. Where do you go after that? Likely forward to something totally different, maybe even a different band.

I think if anything I would expect some kind of major break, or some hard left turn. Maybe a few years off, exploring other kinds of projects - maybe me might do a film or TV or some other kind of artistic pursuit. Maybe a new band. Maybe producing other people. Who knows. As an artist I know how you need to keep switching things up to have something to come back to that’s worth creating. He’s done that before. He seems like the type to leave people wanting more.

I predict no new NIN albums for at least two years, if ever again. That’s my take.
    Trent just said at a show that they’re not going away

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Bad Witch and the Trilogy in general, to me at least, seem to wrap up all of NIN's history and sound so well that I wouldn't be done with life if this was the end of NIN, but I certainly would LOVE more if they TR/AR were still into it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think whenever we have thought that NIN has reached its peak, run out of ways to be innovative, and come to an end, they have always surprised us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    What the hell would the next album sound like do you guys think?
    A lot of variety to the sounds and more on the philosophical bent lyrically would be my vote. Betcha a chocolate cupcake with fudge filling and sprinkles that they are already working on the music.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    I know one thing: I'm definitely expecting a Year Zero sequel.

Eventually, and I've said this before, I sort of expect NIN to go into Still mode.
    That would be an awesome way to age gracefully.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I know one thing: I'm definitely expecting a Year Zero sequel.
    I hadn't thought about the whole Year Zero thing in a while until the announcement about Watchmen... seems like the perfect stepping stone into considering YZ2 and a possible series again with the parties involved.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Reading this discussion last night got me waking up with this song in my head.

Eventually, and I've said this before, I sort of expect NIN to go into Still mode.
    That would be an awesome way to age gracefully.
    While Still is awesome, I say "fuck aging gracefully." As someone past their teen years yourself, I hope you agree. <3 Personally, I plan on changing my name to Peter Mother Fucking Pan.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There will be no YZ2; TRI is the closest we will get.

My guess is that the next album will be.... HTDA. MQ must be ready by now and in need of a creative burst, I'm surprised she's gone this long. Must be hard for an artist to go this long without producing; maybe she's been writing; I'd love some updates.

My guess the next NIN album will be in 4-5 years and will be more structured and less abstract and venturous than TRI.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

My guess is that the next album will be.... HTDA. MQ must be ready by now and in need of a creative burst, I'm surprised she's gone this long. Must be hard for an artist to go this long without producing; maybe she's been writing; I'd love some updates.
    Man, that would make my year. I got into HTDA too late, I had a lot going on and didn’t bother to check out any of the music when it was first coming out. Then I stumbled upon a YouTube video of them playing in Chicago and was immediately sold on the project. But by that time they were already done touring and I was bummed to not see them live.

I really like her vocals a lot and would love to hear more, but she seems to keep busy. She mentioned something on Instagram about taking some courses at an art school, which is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post

My guess the next NIN album will be in 4-5 years and will be more structured and less abstract and venturous than TRI.
    You want to make this interesting?

If trump is still in office, I'd bet money that we get SOME sort of intensely political YZ throwback/sequel thing in 21 or 22, even if it's just an ep.

Also, the fuck is TRI? What'd I miss,.guys? Edit: OH. Do you mean Trilogy? Is that a thing now?

ALSO, @dedevoces , PART of me wants to argue with you, but it just occurred to me that Bowie sort of said "fuck aging gracefully" and never really changed , except for the part where he always changed but...:/
    Y'all know what I mean.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-03-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Also, the fuck is TRI? What'd I miss,.guys?
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nine Inch Nails fan's suck at using acronyms. You need a codex to understand anything!

Although I have stopped thinking when I see TDTWWA, unless someone gets it wrong and puts TDTWWWA and I have to think if a new songs been released.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nine Inch Nails fan's suck at using acronyms. You need a codex to understand anything!

Although I have stopped thinking when I see TDTWWA, unless someone gets it wrong and puts TDTWWWA and I have to think if a new songs been released.
    The worst acronym is the whole While I’m Still Here WISH or Wish confusion

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Wouldn't a Year Zero sequel technically be Year One? j/k... with current administration it feels like Year One Million, it just never seems to end. Every Tweet. Every Headline.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Considering Trent in that one interview saying they’re not stopping with NIN until “one of us dies,” I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another period of somewhat regular releases like With Teeth through The Slip. I’d love to see HTDA come back for a bit and do a proper longer tour, seeing Parasite in Vegas reminded me how good those songs are and the strength they can have live and I never got to see them. I’m not expecting much downtime from Trent for a while now even if we don’t see endless tours, I still think there’ll be more dates next year. They skipped enough markets to have a solid second leg and Trent is having too much fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'll totally forget about a song or two on the Fragile or Hesitation Marks then re listen to them and remember how much they're awesome.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Bad Witch made me listen again the Lost Highway soundtrack after a long time and I just made a playlist with the new stuff and the previous Reznor-Lynch collaborations that works great as a whole.

1-Videodrones; Questions
    2-The Perfect Drug
    3-Shit Mirror
    4-Ahead of Ourselves
    5-Came Back Haunted
    6-Play The Goddamned Part
    7-God Break Down The Door
    8-I'm Not From This World
    9-She's Gone Away
    10-Driver Down
    11-Over and Out

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Never understood why you folks use acronyms anywhoo, what.. you lot about to board a train and need to shortcut a post?? The Whole Wide World Went Away gets a pass though..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    The Whole Wide World Went Away gets a pass though..
    The day the whoOoOoOle world, went away,
    The day the whole wide world, went away

Last edited by GibbonBlack; 10-07-2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added a quote

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Musically that's not a terrible cover, but dear lord are those vocals embarrassing. He's not a particularly bad singer, but that was the most try-hard edgy shit I've heard in a while. And no one should ever have ad-libs in a cover, ever. Especially not in an effort to show how dark and cool they are. Ugh.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    So like
    Seeing Mr Self Destruct live (for the first time in 23 years) in Denver, I realized that it's a warning, and an utterly fucking terrifying one at that.

I sure do wish 14 year old me understood what "the high you can't sustain" actually meant.

When he said "I am a silencing machine/I am the end of all your dreams," yeah, I was like " oh god. Oh, fuck. "

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Now that we got The Perfect Drug live... Dear @teitan how about And All That Could Have Been?
    Also that Hand Covers Bruise Intro into Beside You In Time is stellar as well. Just saying.

Those are probably my big 3 wishes to hear live.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Now that we got The Perfect Drug live... Dear @teitan how about And All That Could Have Been?
    Also that Hand Covers Bruise Intro into Beside You In Time is stellar as well. Just saying.

Those are probably my big 3 wishes to hear live.
    If I heard And All That Could Have Been live I think I would just be done with all music after that forever, like what's the point after that?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I was listening to Bad Witch and have noticed that the saxophone parts from Play the Goddamned Part reminded me of the Ganon/Ganondorf theme from The Legend of Zelda. I'm not sure if that was already mentioned though, and if it was also noticed, I doubt it's going to be as widely thought of as the Final Fantasy theme reference to All Time Low. As a result, Play the Goddamned Part became even more of a favorite.

Aside from that, I definitely needed to let Bad Witch grow on me. Shit Mirror and Over and Out are still my go-to songs though.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    the saxophone parts from Play the Goddamned Part reminded me of the Ganon/Ganondorf theme from The Legend of Zelda.
    Nine Inch Nails - Theme for Legend of Zelda.mp3

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Nine Inch Nails - Theme for Legend of Zelda.mp3
    If Trent Reznor walks out on stage with an ocarina I’m gonna lose my shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Currently listening to the Gone Girl soundtrack. Regardless of how often I listen to it, the last song catches me off guard every time. Silence (or almost silence) and I think to myself I need to put something else on, but then that ominous ending explodes from my speakers and I stop in my tracks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenorthwood View Post
    Currently listening to the Gone Girl soundtrack. Regardless of how often I listen to it, the last song catches me off guard every time. Silence (or almost silence) and I think to myself I need to put something else on, but then that ominous ending explodes from my speakers and I stop in my tracks.

I literally just put a post in the OST section about this track!!

And ya, the last bit scares me. I'm pretty sure this track is an actual living demon beast.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The problem with super rich NIN fans is they can fuck us over when it comes to auctions. I tried my damnedest to win one of the tour Roland keyboards... and I would have done anything to win one of the Fragile Les Pauls (I knew immediately I had no chance).

Needless to say I didn't win a god damn thing. I'm actually surprised someone like Jack Osborn didn't just buy everything.... Albeit I would have if I had millions.

> What ever happened to all the Fragile guitars? < There was a site that listed all the items and selling price... but no stories....?