Page 423 of 528 FirstFirst ... 323 373 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 473 523 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,690 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I both Facepalmed you and replied in a previous post quoting your previous post so I hit both check boxes.

I have been on ETS since November of 2002 when it was launched, and in those 16 years, I don't believe that thread standards have gotten so high that you can't determine whether to start a new thread about a NIN topic or not. I've stated my reasons in the Bad Witch thread (which is becoming the new Manson thread) why I locked it down until this coming Thursday: the thread has become a recycling of posts yelling at each other about why instrumentals are bad vs. good, which is similar to when we shut down the first two threads about the album in regards to the CD vs. Vinyl debate being repetitive and the EP vs. LP debate being SUPER repetitive. As an admin of this board, I can decide when to lock a thread down because it's been derailed past the point of the original topic and when it becomes closed off to NEW users and NEW posts because the same four people are recycling the same talking points over and over and over and over and over again.

I appreciate your concern.
    Alright. I'll let it go now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    in light of Trent playing Joy Division's Digital, the total number of covers NIN has done of Joy Division is 5, I think. am I alone in really wanting an EP of solely studio JD covers? I think it would be rad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    in light of Trent playing Joy Division's Digital, the total number of covers NIN has done of Joy Division is 5, I think. am I alone in really wanting an EP of solely studio JD covers? I think it would be rad.
    I seem to remember reading an interview where Trent said they recorded a bunch of covers around the time they recorded Broken. I think it mentioned multiple Joy Division songs. Does anyone remember that it am did I dream that?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The only artist he's done as many covers for is Numan. So how about Numan/Reznor doing an album of JD covers

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What a joke locking all the Bad Witch threads. Lame.

Got a shipping notification for my vinyl and shirt

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Regarding the new song that was debuted in Vegas last night - I am honestly surprised that no one has started a thread about it yet. We've had threads for God Break Down The Door, The Lovers, The Background World, Less Than, Not Anymore, and so on. I'd encourage someone, anyone to make a thread about Ahead of Ourselves at anytime instead of complaining about not being able to talk about it in this thread and the GBDTD thread.
    Need a thread for each track on the 22nd (or.. right now I guess, some people are getting their vinyl today/tomorrow). Just do it people.

Also got my shipping notif (uk store), life is good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This isn't so much a thought as a "I just saw this on Reddit" but I have no idea where else to post this. People are reporting a leak on Reddit but people are only giving vague answers as to where. Just a heads up

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    This isn't so much a thought as a "I just saw this on Reddit" but I have no idea where else to post this. People are reporting a leak on Reddit but people are only giving vague answers as to where. Just a heads up
    I saw the post too. If I wasn't on a work computer, I would go searching for it, but I'm stuck here until 5pm sadly.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I saw the post too. If I wasn't on a work computer, I would go searching for it, but I'm stuck here until 5pm sadly.
    If it has leaked, it's a transcode or weak because it hasn't shown up in the usual places I frequent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If it has leaked, it's a transcode or weak because it hasn't shown up in the usual places I frequent.
    Apparently more people are listening to it and confirming the leak. It apparently leaked on 4chan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some guy actually just gave a source for a leak. You can find it on 4chan/mu/. I checked it out and downloaded the album! It's legit!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    goddamn being at work.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's true.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I've reopened the Bad Witch thread so folks can share reviews.

Please do not spam any threads asking for a link to be PM'ed. If you know where to look, you'll find it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No leaks! I’m awaiting the Apple Music post of Witch so as to be as legit as I can afford to be- goddamn, I had more money in 1995. What the fuck happened to me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I came across this song while I wasn't looking to download the leaked Bad Witch album (I would never do that). I know it's not Bad Witch but what is it? Anyone know?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nini View Post
    I came across this song while I wasn't looking to download the leaked Bad Witch album (I would never do that). I know it's not Bad Witch but what is it? Anyone know?

Roughly a month ago (I think) someone posted some snippets and one full instrumental to Reddit claiming he had the whole album and was gonna leak the tracks. I think this was the instrumental

Edit: I think this was actually pre announcement of Bad Witch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    Roughly a month ago (I think) someone posted some snippets and one full instrumental to Reddit claiming he had the whole album and was gonna leak the tracks. I think this was the instrumental

Edit: I think this was actually pre announcement of Bad Witch
    Do you know the artist?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

https://ghostpassenger.bandcamp.com/...ckground-noise
    Perfect Stranger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do you know the artist?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone re-listened to Gary Numan's "Splinter" since BW came out? I just gave it another spin and feel like we should be calling it "Numan/Bowie Vocals" on GBDTD and OaO instead of just "Bowie Vocals". :shrug:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I apologize if this has already been discussed to death here, but did we ever get confirmation on whether or not this clyp track is legit? https://clyp.it/u5f32f0z

I mean it is sampled in the beginning of Branches/Bones after all, and it was posted long before NTAE was released.
    Last edited by Mataxia; 06-19-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    hey shit
    yeah you
    hey shit shitty shit shit shit
    all of my shit came true
    mirroring reflecting chrome
    you left me here i'm all alone
    my shit mirror needed something new

Sorry, I'm obsessed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    HBO rejected Year Zero TV series, but i'm pretty sure we'll have it in Netflix...SOON!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    what makes you say that? also, am I the only one abstaining from any BW leaks or reviews until the album is made available through official channels?
    Last edited by pcpunk; 06-19-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    also, am the only one abstaining from any BW leaks or reviews until the album is made available through official channels?
    Nope. I am too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    what makes you say that? also, am the only one abstaining from any BW leaks or reviews until the album is made available through official channels?
    i had an astral journey to the future.
    I have not heard it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm never ordering from NIN.com ever again. This tracking info is garbage and I'm getting the runaround from both UPS and NIN. /rant

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    what makes you say that? also, am I the only one abstaining from any BW leaks or reviews until the album is made available through official channels?

No, I'm also waiting for Friday for the NIN topic/official channel to release all of the Bad Witch songs. I want to make sure I get the best quality of the songs and aren't getting myself into any shady sites (even though it's uploaded on Youtube which isn't shady at all). Also I'm pretty sure there will be an official music video for one of the songs on the album coming out Thursday/Friday so I want to listen to the songs with the video as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Doing the same, mostly out of overly-paranoid worrying that the leaked audio files somehow won't have the specifications intended.