Page 354 of 528 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 454 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,620 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Rob completely butchered the AATCHB performance video. It looked like it was filmed by a bootlegger with a handheld cam
    Did he film that though? And wasnt that Trents aesthetic put in practice. He canned a load of 'professionally filmed' tour videos

I thought the on stage performance videos Rob took from 2009 onwards were amazing

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I think I've posted this before, but it bears repeating, especially since I'm happy that kraw is now the new NIN art guy.

I always found Rob to be a pretty good photographer, videographer and art supervisor. His concepts for the live concert visuals for NIN and HtDA were also amazing. But as a designer, I don't really care for his work anymore; which is funny, considering he was a great source of inspiration for me as a kid, when I was learning the ropes of graphic design (and aping his style for the NIN fan releases). I still like his photography and font choices for TFA, YZ, Ghosts and The Slip, and his "remaster" of the PHM art was cool, but that's about it. Every time he would settle on an art direction for a specific NIN album/tour era, he would just do the same thing over and over again, with very little variation. For instance, the bland texture backgrounds for The Slip wore off quickly, and when I saw that he did THE EXACT SAME THING for the first HtDA website, I was like "ugggghhhh". And his overall aesthetic slowly descended into just that: bland. Bland, bland, bland.

Rob has always had great concepts, but they were far better when others executed them, or when he was simply doing layouts for covers/booklets featuring art by others: Mark Weaver (HtDA EP), Angelbert Metoyer (NiggyTardust), Matthew Santoro (Year Zero), Neil Kellerhouse (Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl), Russell Mills (TDS remaster and HM)... and don't get me started on the fuckballs aesthetic of Welcome oblivion (hey, @Ryan ...).

Thank you, Rob's art and design, for staying with us for so long and keeping us warm. Now, it's time to embrace the mastery of kraw. kraw is raw. kraw is bold, different, dangerous. kraw is love. kraw is the visual shot in the arm NIN needed. Not to mention, when I saw people in here getting pissed off because he recycled the artwork of Still, I was like, "Fuck yeah. This guy is perfect for NIN". Hell, I can't wait for him to piss me off. Bring it on, @kraw .

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I feel bad for inspiring that wave of anti-Rob sentiment. I do highly, highly appreciate the guy but I'm glad we're getting something different. It's just... he's like a game of Cards Against Humanity come to life, and I really can't fuck with that.
    Last edited by butter_hole; 04-18-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Palette cleanser: gum chewing Reznor denies industrial status in 1992

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Rob completely butchered the AATCHB performance video. It looked like it was filmed by a bootlegger with a handheld cam
    That was the point.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Palette cleanser: gum chewing Reznor denies industrial status in 1992
    I want to go back in time and stay in 1992 forever.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    This is nice. Has a bit of an HTDA feel to me. More laid back but still glitchy and dark. Good stuff!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    When can we officially download this track? I love it!
    To be honest, I liked the original track too, but the NIN mix sounds much better to my ears.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 04-18-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not feeling it. This guy is just not my thing. I appreciate the technical aspects, but it feels like lately Trent is moving into a less aggressive, less intrusive space with his instrumental work. Guess I just need some member berries.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    New "Nine Inch Nails" mix of that Todd Rundgren track.
    I still don't love this track, but this version is a lot better. The thing I was bitching about earlier on the original/"proper" version is less apparent/noticeable on the NIN remix.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I love how raw and crisp his voice is here, and everyone's performance is fucking great especially as it's ending. The collector WT rehearsal video:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    '

They're keep listing Todd Rundgren feat. TR&AR instead of NIN, when TR&AR could be tagged as NIN now, and it carries more weight.
    So I guess this song TR gave Todd is a score outtake, rather than a HM demo. Maybe it's one of the lost 3 Gone Girl outtakes that were supposed to come out.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blassster View Post
    New "Nine Inch Nails" mix of that Todd Rundgren track.
    haven't listened to the original yet but this sounds like what i imagine would happen if TR&AR collaborated with steven wilson. i never realized that SW & todd rundgren have such similar-sounding voices, i guess?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I like that they used a tambourine pic for that

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    haven't listened to the original yet but this sounds like what i imagine would happen if TR&AR collaborated with steven wilson. i never realized that SW & todd rundgren have such similar-sounding voices, i guess?
    Todd's voice doesn't sound to me on this new track.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Sweet lineup. Why can't we have something like this here in Montreal.
    14h drive from Montreal. Definitely doable. Would need to take a couple days off at work.
    Damn ...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    See you all in the fall. I work downtown and live just west of the city, so if anyone needs recommendations for anything, hit me up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I kind of love that this is happening at Riot, as opposed to fucking Lolla.

Who's up for a meetup come September. I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I have a feeling there may be a lot of people coming to town for this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post

From the nine inch nails Instagram post regarding the Riot Fest announcement.
    Cool still from the Survivalism video.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    As someone who only knows of Todd Rundgren through VH1 and the like, does anyone have any recommendations on where to start if I wanted to give him a listen?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    Cool still from the Survivalism video.
    looks like the cover art from the Survivalism single. Another instance of re-purposing artwork from the past.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    As someone who only knows of Todd Rundgren through VH1 and the like, does anyone have any recommendations on where to start if I wanted to give him a listen?
    TR gave some pointers on facebook. Hope this link works
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=19787971220

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    NIN and Dino Jr and Mike Patton on the same festival. wow..also as a Cubs fan, september sounds about nice for a chicago vacation
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 04-19-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Did NIN and Ministry ever shared a festival before?
    I wonder if there's even 1% chance of Trent and Al doing GDML or Supernaut together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post

From the nine inch nails Instagram post regarding the Riot Fest announcement.
    Wouldn't it all make sens if this was the official best-of tour and Not The Actual Events was just a way of keeping his promise last year?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    Wouldn't it all make sens if this was the official best-of tour and Not The Actual Events was just a way of keeping his promise last year?
    Wouldn't it all make sense if The Eater of Dreams was named after you since that what you are right now?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    So, TR is repurposing YZ for the "Capital T" era. Now people will sing the prophetic praises of YZ rather than repeating the same shtick of, say, "Idiocracy was right all along" or "we're living 1984 or Fahrenheit 451". No, we're living YZ.

Case in point: the 4K Blu-ray discs are being billed as "Ultra High-Def". NEED I SAY MORE???????

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Sweet lineup. Why can't we have something like this here in Montreal.
    14h drive from Montreal. Definitely doable. Would need to take a couple days off at work.
    Damn ...
    I'm tempted to throw gas money at you if you'd be crossing into the states at the falls.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    looks like the cover art from the Survivalism single. Another instance of re-purposing artwork from the past.
    So he's copying what Bowie did with "Heroes"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    Also, I just noticed the scratches on this artwork are the exact same scratches that were super-imposed on Trent Rezone's face and Atticus Ross's face on the picture from the announcement of Not The Actual Events