Page 2 of 512 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I, for one, would love to hear something like TWIG instead of Terrible Lie or HLAH for the 6,000,000th time, but hey, that's just me..
    For a second I was thinking “since when did Trent write a song about a twig?” then my brain came back.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    but Trent said he didn´t use heroin...he only used cocain, but all in all I can understand you.
    But Flyleaf...her voice is sooooo awful...and she really destroyed the song...
    Last edited by reznovka; 12-06-2011 at 01:12 AM. Reason: I used hard words...and I don´t wanna be rude.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothInc View Post
    but Trent said he didn´t use heroin...he only used cocain, but all in all I can understand you.
    But Flyleaf...her voice is sooooo awful...and she really raped the song...
    Eh, I got angry at that point, facts went out the window. It was a metaphor anyway.
    a) I think that's a matter of opinion. I like her voice, I listen to Flyleaf (I'm sad that they're a Christian band though)
    b) 'Raped' is such a lovely way of describing something. Please don't do it again.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Eh, I got angry at that point, facts went out the window. It was a metaphor anyway.
    a) I think that's a matter of opinion. I like her voice, I listen to Flyleaf (I'm sad that they're a Christian band though)
    b) 'Raped' is such a lovely way of describing something. Please don't do it again.
    raped=destroyed now

the christian thing is like a flood...nearly every metalcoreband I like is full of religion and sometimes it´s like a cult...I hope Reznor won´t turn his face to god in his old days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Were there ever torrents of the MP3s of the final show (I think it the project was called A Tiny Little Dot?) and/or the shows where TDS was performed in their entirety. I have the HD video for the TDS show, but I'd like MP3s too.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Were there ever torrents of the MP3s of the final show (I think it the project was called A Tiny Little Dot?) and/or the shows where TDS was performed in their entirety. I have the HD video for the TDS show, but I'd like MP3s too.
    http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../20090823.html

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    anyone know what pitches (i'm assuming there are at least two) are in the drone at the start of TDTWWA?
    Last edited by seasonsinthesky; 12-05-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    anyone know what pitches (i'm assuming there are at least two) are in the drone at the start of TDTWWA?
    D and a dissonant D (fluctuating below and slightly above the equilibrium of the sound wave...but mostly below and back), simultaneously. Not 100%...just going by what I hear in my head. There might be a slight overtone of a harmonic F(major)...but an octave higher than the drone D (and it might be slightly fluctuating as well...and fluctuating between octaves as well).
    Last edited by pinata89; 04-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Can somebody (sheepdean?) please re-post Trent's Spotify playlists?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Why couldn't we have had on Closure? Fuck you, John Malm and Virgin Records.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Gary Numan sucks

Who cares about Leona Lewis?

I loooove raspberries

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i'm looking forward to hearing new material this year
    really hoping that Trent does more sound design this time around (like how he did on The Fragile and his earlier music)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'm sitting here watching Korn encore or play first prior to Rob Zombie and I remember why I only show complete devotion to Trent at shows: dignity and respect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@3:45-4:17
    HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.
    I can't believe that Trent can still do that with his voice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Name the NIN song to go with this:

https://twitter.com/Mark_Cip/status/449750515031609344

My fucked up day!!!!! I hate America's scum even more sometimes..

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That other guy View Post
    All Tire Low?
    Last edited by botley; 03-29-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    While I do prefer the finished version of Ruiner, I wish that it was bass heavy like the demo version was. It was so fucking meaty.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    While I do prefer the finished version of Ruiner, I wish that it was bass heavy like the demo version was. It was so fucking meaty.
    Where is this demo version of which thou speak?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Where is this demo version of which thou speak?
    Well, a bunch of TDS extras were put on the second CD of the Deluxe edition from 2004, and some of those extras were demos. Here's the Ruiner demo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's really depressing to visit the official NIN forums. It's a grave yard. Rob n' the gang seemed to forget about that supposed update. I doubt that it'll happen. At least ETS is here, and very active.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    It's really depressing to visit the official NIN forums. It's a grave yard. Rob n' the gang seemed to forget about that supposed update. I doubt that it'll happen. At least ETS is here, and very active.
    I posted on the NIN forums until the Wave Goodbye stuff. Then went away and came back once NIN was brought back. NIN.com was dead so I came here. So far,ETS is waaaay better than the NIN forum.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    I posted on the NIN forums until the Wave Goodbye stuff. Then went away and came back once NIN was brought back. NIN.com was dead so I came here. So far,ETS is waaaay better than the NIN forum.
    I was on the Spiral forums from the beginning, and lurked ETS around 06, posting periodically. When The Spiral closed down and changed to nin.com forums, I moved to ETS permanently.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I was on the Spiral forums from the beginning, and lurked ETS around 06, posting periodically. When The Spiral closed down and changed to nin.com forums, I moved to ETS permanently.
    I haven't been around that long. Didn't even really check out NIN's website, despite them being my favorite band, until The Slip came out and I gave it a peek.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Anyone remember burningsoulsforum? That finally died sometime last year, but it was pretty active from 01-08.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm actually still hoping that it gets deleted and replaced with a new forum that's more similar to today's ETS. Even if nothing has been happening at NIN.com in regards to message board changes for quite a while, that still wasn't completely ruled out as a possibility.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-25-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or does The Hand That Feeds sound pretty similar to The Fight Song?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or does The Hand That Feeds sound pretty similar to The Fight Song?
    it's just you.