Page 18 of 528 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leman russ View Post
    :d wow now that's all i can hear. On a related note, my friend and i ruined the kind of slappy bass notes that precede the "help me" portions of closer. We imagined that was the noise a penguin would make as it walked, and now anytime i listen to closer, i imagine penguins marching along with it.
    "March, penguins!"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I LOVE 10 Miles High and The New Flesh I don't know why those two tracks didn't make it onto the standard tracklist..

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Please, don't turn this thread into "The Ultimate Fragile Reissue Part Deux."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Further Down The Spiral: Tour features no songs from the album
    And All That Could Have Been: tour doesn't have song on, standard album doesn't have song on
    With Teeth: tour barely features song
    Lights In The Sky: tour doesn't have song on, EP doesn't have song on

Does Trent pay attention to what he calls his tours?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    Further Down The Spiral: pretty sure the title is not official. Too lazy to search, but I think the passes/posters/whetever memorabilia from that tour reads Self Destruct tour. And oh, the album happened a few months after said tour ended.
    And All That Could Have Been: lyric is featured in The Great Below and The Wreteched
    With Teeth: still played more than 50 times
    Lights In The Sky: agreed (though the song was soundchecked)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Lights In The Sky: agreed (though the song was soundchecked)
    Trent said something about it being too quiet a song (in reference to the assholes who like to yell things during quiet songs) but later got the courage to play it on the Wave Goodbye tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    I LOVE 10 Miles High and The New Flesh I don't know why those two tracks didn't make it onto the standard tracklist..
    Imho The New Flesh fits quite good to the third version of the We're In This Together single. The single all works out with this track in the middle. But I'm not sure if I would like it on The Fragile CD.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Need some help. Lost all my nin files. Was able to redownload everything I needed except one thing.

I absolutely LOVE the soundboard cut Another Version of the Truth gift 2 disc live cd. Except for whatever reason they used the Victoria version of Terrible Lie instead of Portland, which is subtly different but in my mind, vastly better. I originally made my own mix with the Portland cut, except now I can't download Lights over Portland anywhere. No seeders.

If someone can seed on the bay, or pm me to send me just that specific track so I can recreate my mix, I would greatly appreciate it. Flac is preferred, but I am going to convert it regardless, so mp3 is fine too if you only have that. Thanks,

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Driving out to Ohio (from New Jersey) last weekend I had to stop in Mercer, PA (home of Trent) as its right off of the highway, after a 5 minute detour through Mercer I fully understood where Trent's teenage angst came from.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    Further Down The Spiral: pretty sure the title is not official. Too lazy to search, but I think the passes/posters/whetever memorabilia from that tour reads Self Destruct tour. And oh, the album happened a few months after said tour ended.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    See also http://nintourhistory.com/tours.php
    Self Destruct Warm-up
    Self Destruct Tour
    Further Down The Spiral Tour
    Alternative Nation Festival
    Dissonance Tour
    Fall 1995 Club Tour
    Nights Of Nothing Tour

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    What about we all put The Fragile #1 on our Pitchfork lists?
    http://pitchfork.com/news/47423-anno...tchfork-began/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    I did the list, but sorry, The Fragile is #2 on my list...I just loved Sounds of the Universe THAT much!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    i miss this shirt. this was my consolation prize for my mom not letting me to see the outside tour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    The Fragile is top of my list but I really didn't need to be convinced, http://peopleslist.pitchfork.com/list/56a254d0/ , my list really shows my lack of diversity, kind of just added whatever albums they had that were also in my itunes then ranked them

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankieteardrop View Post
    i miss this shirt. this was my consolation prize for my mom not letting me to see the outside tour.
    I still have my original shirt, purchased Jan 5, 1995, at the Worcester show. The spiral and words are getting a little worn with age, but it still looks good, and I still wear it every once in a while.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    At ~ 50 seconds in album version of Right where it belongs there's an effect that feels like airplane taking off and keeps ascending until 3 minutes when it sort of reaches the "ceiling" (don't know correct english equivalent) and the earth slowly floats somewhere deep below. pity it doesn't stay there very long.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I hate listening to my NIN bootlegs collection once in a while. Makes me miss seeing Trent and Co. on the stage to an unhealthy extent. I think I can safely say that even in 10 or 20 years from now THIS is the band I cared for the most and that has given me the most to drool over. I did not like everything and I even hated some, but damn these guys (all of them!) are great and I love every line-up for what it was!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Need some help. Lost all my nin files. Was able to redownload everything I needed except one thing.

I absolutely LOVE the soundboard cut Another Version of the Truth gift 2 disc live cd. Except for whatever reason they used the Victoria version of Terrible Lie instead of Portland, which is subtly different but in my mind, vastly better. I originally made my own mix with the Portland cut, except now I can't download Lights over Portland anywhere. No seeders.

If someone can seed on the bay, or pm me to send me just that specific track so I can recreate my mix, I would greatly appreciate it. Flac is preferred, but I am going to convert it regardless, so mp3 is fine too if you only have that. Thanks,
    Anyone? Would appreciate it big time. My youtube rip is simply not cutting it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    i have it in mp3 http://www.sendspace.com/file/d72xne but have you tried this?
    http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20081207.html
    if download is too big i might extract one song for you later
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 08-13-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Perfect! Thanks, you've made me very happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When I re-listen to the amazing Girl with the dragon tattoo soundtrack and I hear the quality of music in pieces like What if WE Could?, Parallel Timeline with Alternate Outcom, the two covers, and many others, I just can't fuckin' wait to hear what Trent did with HTDA and what he's up or may be up to with Nine Inch Nails...news are so slow right now. Give us a hint, a studio snippet...anything?...

Am I not a little greedy fucking pig fan?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I remember downloading a rip of an unauthorized CD called "Nine Inch Nails - The Interview" (I think). It ran for about half an hour (again: I think), and there were various interviews of Trent over some dumb "industrial" loops. Most of these interviews must have been from radio shows. Some of them were recorded from a shitty telephone connection, full of static and buzzing, making Trent's voice even more hard to listen to along with the stupid music in the background. People were actually selling this shit back in the day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is it bad to be still hoping for a Wave Goodbye DVD/blu ray ?... just to hear/see Ruiner, Heresy, etc with soundboard audio ( I know the hurricane festival has Heresy but it's only on the NIN Drive but I am still waiting for mine and it's killing me )

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kercyx View Post
    Is it bad to be still hoping for a Wave Goodbye DVD/blu ray ?... just to hear/see Ruiner, Heresy, etc with soundboard audio ( I know the hurricane festival has Heresy but it's only on the NIN Drive but I am still waiting for mine and it's killing me )
    Yeah, whatever happened to those onstage HD videos Rob had? I seem to remember him saying there were more, am I remembering right?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone see Trent is thanked in credits of the new black light burns album? Pretty cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or does Hans Zimmer have the same Skull lamp as Trent? http://www.rsvlts.com/2012/08/24/the...f-hans-zimmer/

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've noticed that, too. I remember posting about it in Ye Olde ETS and a user (can't remember who) said "now we know the source of their powers".

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I think it's really awkward that someone posted their own interpretation/speculation on the concept behind "The Slip" on the ninwiki. Especially since it tries so hard to connect it to "Year Zero".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'd like this to be crawled and indexed by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine since it's not linked to on the site.
    http://phm.nin.com/img/phm_wallpaper_iphone2.jpg
    http://phm.nin.com/img/phm_wallpaper_iphone2_tn.jpg