Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
Today I entered advert to sell it. Overall, I don't really enjoy its virtual analog sound that much (and I have real analog)
To me, the analog vs digital debate is getting a little out of hand. The mininova isn't very good... but that isn't because it's a digital synth. There are hardware digital synths that will blow you away, and there's a lot of analog units that are really lackluster and pretty boring to be honest. Yes, the new buzzword with hardware synths is "analog," but most people don't even really know what that means. I will never tire of my Virus TI, and anyone who has one of these and really knows how to use it will agree that it's the bee's knees when it comes to aggressive sound design.

Synthesis isn't about purism... the idealization of analog gear in the synth world is a relatively new thing. It's awesome to have great analog gear, it's also awesome to have a modded digital video game system from the 80s that pulls out piercing chip tune sounds. These are all just tools, some are better than others. There's no standard qualifier though, and there's analog synths I own and love that I'd sell long before I'd sell my Virus.