Page 21 of 264 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Should be interesting. It'd be cool if Rogan had a sample of the 'CHA-CHING!' of a cash register every time Maynard spoke.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I think Maynard needs to stop wasting his time doing stupid podcasts and get to work on the new Tool album. Fucking slacker.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I think Maynard needs to stop wasting his time doing stupid podcasts and get to work on the new Tool album. Fucking slacker.
    He's probably waiting on the other guys...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    He's probably waiting on the other guys...
    That was just a bit of sarcasm. I'm personally stoked about this. I don't listen to Rogan much any more, but I use to listen a lot a few years back. Either way, when's the last time we've seen Maynard talking in front of a camera for 1+ hours? I wonder if he'll be wearing a disguise.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That was just a bit of sarcasm. I'm personally stoked about this. I don't listen to Rogan much any more, but I use to listen a lot a few years back. Either way, when's the last time we've seen Maynard talking in front of a camera for 1+ hours? I wonder if he'll be wearing a disguise.
    My bad, heh. And good question. He usually seems to wear at least a wig these days. So maybe that. But with Maynard, who knows?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    "Me, Adam, and Justin are banging away. Trying to get Maynard in there, but you know, no wine before its time." - Danny, just a few minutes ago

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Me, Adam, and Justin are banging away. Trying to get Maynard in there, but you know, no wine before its time." - Danny, just a few minutes ago
    *wakes up*
    *reads it...*
    *goes to sleep again*

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Maybe Maynard's just not into group orgies?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That was a real quote, by the way. Not just me being a smart-ass.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That was a real quote, by the way. Not just me being a smart-ass.
    I know...or I figured...

I facepalm the quote.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    The JRE Maynard episode is today, if anyone cares to tune in.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    30 seconds into the actual podcast and Brian has already managed to weird out Maynard. Yeah. This is going to go well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "How the fuck do you go from being a rockstar to a...winemaker SLASH rockstar?"

Great lead-off question, Joe. I don't have high hopes for this.

*edit* haha, Joe is so stupid that it's funny. I'm entertained, though, and Maynard's actually pleasant.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 07-28-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I thought it went surprisingly well. Of course there was no music talk, but Maynard was reasonably candid about other things. Only reverting to sarcasm when Brian opened his mouth. A lot more MMA talk than I'd like, but I figured that would happen. The second half was easily the best part, pretty cool stuff.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I thought it went surprisingly well. Of course there was no music talk, but Maynard was reasonably candid about other things. Only reverting to sarcasm when Brian opened his mouth. A lot more MMA talk than I'd like, but I figured that would happen. The second half was easily the best part, pretty cool stuff.
    At least we got some cameo discussion about TR's neck.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "No wine before it's time" is actually a really good metaphor for this wait. Everybody seems to want this album to ferment at the pace they want it to, but it doesn't work like that. It only happens when it happens, and trying to do it any other way ruins the result.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Regarding that Tweet above... Adam keeps posting on Facebook with images of him working on old video shoots. If there was any question of whether or not a new video was in the works, I don't think it's up for debate any more. This is really the first Tool release I'll have been a fan during, so I'm stoked. And from the looks/sounds of it, it's gonna be at least semi live-action. Here are the pics.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    May 2013 before we can even start to hope to get a new record. I hate being a tool fan.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That'd be too soon, I think they should continue shooting for a 2016 release for the next album.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think they should shoot for whenever it's good and ready. I wonder just how long they even worked on 10,000 Days. But I'm fine with a wait as long as its good.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    From Toolband:

I went over to the loft a couple of days ago to find Danny in great spirits about the week's writing sessions. Things went so well, in fact, that Tool's drummer funded a 12-pack of crunchy tacos from Taco Bell for Thursday's band lunch. Evidently all were reinvigorated after taking a small break the previous week (Danny going to Hawaii while Justin's relatives were visiting from England), and indeed, upon close inspection, the second Dry-Erase board reflected this progress. (Sorry, no photos.)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Also, I made this image gallery with the making-of stills that Adam has been sporadically posting for the past two weeks. I'll update it as he posts more. If anyone gives the slightest fuck.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, does writing mean recording or writing writing? I bet this won't come out until fall 2013.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Writing means jamming and farting around until they feel like actually recording something.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Harsh but I personally stopped caring about getting a new Tool album since about 2009.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think I'm done with this band.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You have enough time to be "done" with them. Honestly. I think the whole process of 10,000 Days was jamming and farting around and when they finally did hit the studio, they finished it in mere months. Like real quick.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    chill out people, this is the way tool has always been. 4-5 years between albums, no big deal. i remember danny saying something in 2008 like "we want to get back into the studio quicker this time," and i just laughed. yea right!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well we're on the 6 year mark as of last April, we're right on schedule.