Quote Originally Posted by Pemulis View Post
I don't find silly music, or music about aliens enjoyable
Thus suggests to me that you're fairly familiar with music about aliens, which makes me curious. The only other song that comes to mind for me is Weird Al's Slime Creatures From Outer Space but, as you said, you don't like silly music so I doubt you know that one. I know it's off topic, but what else are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
i'm not nearly as solid in my opinion with "Intension" and "Right in Two." i look at them as separate songs, but Tool rarely make songs transition directly unless they are meant to be together...
I see them as going together because Right In Two seems to illustrate how humans behave after becoming self-aware, albeit from the perspective of angels. In Intension, humans "move by will alone." This is very animalistic to me, and suggests that we don't have the ability to think at anywhere close to the level we do now. In Right In Two there's the line, "Father blessed them all with reason, and this is what they choose." Whether you believe God gave us the ability or not, the song is an outsider's perspective of the human race once we had that ability. To me the songs are like a before and after picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
slightly off this topic: anyone ever heard the perspective of "Rosetta" being about the tale of someone ODing? i heard it from a friend recently and i really don't think it adds up at all.
ODing as in the blue-green Jackie Chan and all that is a near-death experience?

I don't think you can OD on X, DMT, or donuts. I figured it was just a DMT trip.
Don't forget LSD (blotter), though it takes a lot to OD on that. You can OD on X (MDMA), but I'm not sure about DMT. Also, it's probably easier to do so when mixing all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
Enjoy, you lucky fucks.
If that's true, and you don't include a source so I don't believe it as of now, I have no doubt it's going to be basically the same set and show they've done the past...three(?) tours.