Page 32 of 264 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I received mine earlier this week. Version 5. Pretty cool package, although it seems like the signatures will fade over time. Also the certificate of authenticity did not come with a stamped embossed seal like it said it would.

Be careful when taking everything out of the package as it is packed reeeeally tight and could result in tearing the outer cover.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    picz plz....

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    I received mine earlier this week. Version 5. Pretty cool package, although it seems like the signatures will fade over time. Also the certificate of authenticity did not come with a stamped embossed seal like it said it would.

Be careful when taking everything out of the package as it is packed reeeeally tight and could result in tearing the outer cover.
    Le pics please?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Very nice indeed. How does the CD sound compared to the original?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I listened to the CD once and I didn't notice any differences. Overall I'm happy with the reissue, the new artwork and packaging is awesome, I do see it as a missed opportunity with the USB card being empty though, they could have done something really cool with that. I plan on displaying/framing it sometime in the future.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yep, Tool being lazy again. Wasn't there supposed to be 5 special "golden ticket" type things that had special attributes to them? Be interested to know what the people who find them get...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah as far as I know no one has received a "golden ticket" yet, and if they did it hasn't been made very public. A part of me tends to think that they don't even exist. It did make opening up the package a little exciting though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the pics, you cant deny the package looks great.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey_mcpot View Post
    thanks for the pics, you cant deny the package looks great.
    For the price you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah the price is retarded, but i was curious to see how it looked. no way i was gonna grab one...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looking at pics from the Melbourne show and dang..they all look really old, especially Adam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Looking at pics from the Melbourne show and dang..they all look really old, especially Adam.
    I too look significantly older than I did when Opiate came out.......which was when I was five. :-/

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I have a big LOT of TOOL memorabilla for sale on eBay for anyone interested. Couple concert shirts and other rare promotional items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321136964338...84.m1555.l2649

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I have a big LOT of TOOL memorabilla for sale on eBay for anyone interested. Couple concert shirts and other rare promotional items.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321136964338...84.m1555.l2649

Me too, though I haven't put anything up yet.

I have a big relationship commitment ahead and will be selling off my collection, though would rather start at ETS, then go to eBay once no more offers are being made. Also good to go to proper fans on here that I know.

I used to run www.toolcollector.net and, fortunately, still have the original files to upload the old website again. There are just a handful of items I haven't cataloged that I bought after I stopped running the site.

My collection includes (almost) all of the most wanted, hard to find promos, etc. Signed Lateralus vinyl, sealed Aenima vinyl, Eulogy promo, sealed demo cassette, etc, etc.

I'll post more details once I get it up shortly.
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-08-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Please do! I'm definitely interested in any vinyl and single items you've got! Especially anything with exclusive artwork.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    So someone is basically ripping off Rockabye Baby?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Damn you, I was actually excited for a moment there.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    the other lullaby version of "Sober" is way more entrancing than this one. still, these are super interesting from a compositional standpoint... but maybe not for salivating Tool devotees, i guess

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I think i could get behind some of these lullaby versions for tool at least i think it would be weird jamming out to Spit it out, or 5 minutes alone in such a way but who knows. If i don't forget i may have to check this album out here in teh future.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Me too, though I haven't put anything up yet.

I have a big relationship commitment ahead and will be selling off my collection, though would rather start at ETS, then go to eBay once no more offers are being made. Also good to go to proper fans on here that I know.

I used to run www.toolcollector.net and, fortunately, still have the original files to upload the old website again. There are just a handful of items I haven't cataloged that I bought after I stopped running the site.

My collection includes (almost) all of the most wanted, hard to find promos, etc. Signed Lateralus vinyl, sealed Aenima vinyl, Eulogy promo, sealed demo cassette, etc, etc.

I'll post more details once I get it up shortly.

Some of these are pretty much impossible to find. PM me for offers, etc -

http://www.toolcollector.ryan-s.org/

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Some of these are pretty much impossible to find. PM me for offers, etc -

http://www.toolcollector.ryan-s.org/
    I'm sorry you have to part with this stuff that obviously means a lot to you, and whatever commitment you have I hope for the best...

but (and I say this with best intentions) you might get a higher price (and perhaps find more eager buyers) by first posting exclusively on the Toolarmy/related sites? If you need the money for something real for yourself or someone you love, get the most money you can, and I'd imagine the people there would be more eager.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, but either way all the best of luck.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm sorry you have to part with this stuff that obviously means a lot to you, and whatever commitment you have I hope for the best...

but (and I say this with best intentions) you might get a higher price (and perhaps find more eager buyers) by first posting exclusively on the Toolarmy/related sites? If you need the money for something real for yourself or someone you love, get the most money you can, and I'd imagine the people there would be more eager.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, but either way all the best of luck.
    It's all just sitting in a box in the garage, and has been for years (between 2005 - 2008), though I did contact the webmaster for Fourth Eye and he will hopefully post about it on there. edit: it's been posted in the forum there.

My main collecting these days has been Danzig-related, though it might be a good idea, prior to sending off each item, to rip them to FLAC and scan the artwork in high dpi for future reference because, as I said, a lot of these you're likely not to come across again.

While on that topic, does anyone want to take over this site of mine perhaps? Keep it running elsewhere?

P.S. - Jinsai, yeah, I've found myself in an extremely loving relationship and material items suddenly become non-important when pregnancy arises and the prospect of engagement.
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-09-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    While on that topic, does anyone want to take over this site of mine perhaps? Keep it running elsewhere?
    Send me a PM or email. Is it strictly HTML & images, or is there a database behind it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Glad to see the interest of having the tool collection still up on the net. I also understand the importance of letting go of stuff in place of real relationships. I did a cleaning our of NIN and Tool items about 5 years ago and don't regret it. All I have left are some NIN lithos for the man cave.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Send me a PM or email. Is it strictly HTML & images, or is there a database behind it?
    Just HTML and images, though like I said I'll scan the things I have before I post them out after selling and whatnot, because they're fairly low fidelity at the moment.

I also wish I could find the site where I kept track of all the Ghosts LEs, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Just HTML and images
    Easy enough - I'd be happy to host what you've got, I'm sure folks appreciate having that information out there.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I also wish I could find the site where I kept track of all the Ghosts LEs, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    http://www.nin-au.com/halo26le/