Page 234 of 264 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,020 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I always take what Danny says with a grain of salt because he’s always more eager to get stuff done. Maynard and Justin seem to really want to get stuff out and share things. Adam has always sounded obsessed with trying to avoid doing “the same thing” and like a bit of a perfectionist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I always take what Danny says with a grain of salt because he’s always more eager to get stuff done. Maynard and Justin seem to really want to get stuff out and share things. Adam has always sounded obsessed with trying to avoid doing “the same thing” and like a bit of a perfectionist.

**Reads that Danny said this...** Marking on calender: Recheck Tool thread in 2028 for new Tool EP.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Adam has always sounded obsessed with trying to avoid doing “the same thing” and like a bit of a perfectionist.
    I don't know how to square that, b/c regardless of mine or anyone else's feelings about the new record, there are undoubtedly....perhaps purposefully...riffs & nods that sound almost exactly like lots of his older material all over the record. If anything, Danny seems to be the one most pushing his instrumentation to new & different places where he can on every new release.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just don't get why Ticks and Leeches is between Parabola and Lateralus. I guess I haven't tried to find old internet posts on it (maybe I'll do that now), and I've only been a Tool fan less than 2 years. Parabola and Lateralus should be next to each other. They are both meaning of life-ish.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    I just don't get why Ticks and Leeches is between Parabola and Lateralus. I guess I haven't tried to find old internet posts on it (maybe I'll do that now), and I've only been a Tool fan less than 2 years. Parabola and Lateralus should be next to each other. They are both meaning of life-ish.

I think it might be to emphasize that sometimes life can be tough and a morass but you have to power through. That’s how I’ve always felt about the interlude in Ticks.

Anyway that’s my Galaxy Brain take.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This may be a controversial opinion, but: if Tool didn’t end up releasing Fear Inoculum and just put out the final vocal studio version of Descending, I would have been satisfied. That song is just out of this world in every way.

Speaking of which, can anyone post some earlier live footage of it in its edited form that best showcases how it initially sounded prior to us hearing the entire realised song? Did all those early “only a portion of the song” versions all essentially sound the same or did they differ?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    This may be a controversial opinion, but: if Tool didn’t end up releasing Fear Inoculum and just put out the final vocal studio version of Descending, I would have been satisfied. That song is just out of this world in every way.

Speaking of which, can anyone post some earlier live footage of it in its edited form that best showcases how it initially sounded prior to us hearing the entire realised song? Did all those early “only a portion of the song” versions all essentially sound the same or did they differ?
    They were all basically the same. It was a 3 to 3 and a half minute section played by Adam at the clinic thingies which was also played live.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Reminds me of Kevin Shields with MBV. We were due a follow up EP to the long awaited album allegedly many years ago, even last years projected release date has now too been and gone.

Hard times being fans of these bands sometimes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, I will say that Danny said they were about done with everything...in 2012 or something like that. But maybe that was the first scrapped album

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    They were all basically the same. It was a 3 to 3 and a half minute section played by Adam at the clinic thingies which was also played live.
    Not sure why would you post 2018 recordings... because they were teasing it since as early as 2012:

(starts at 39 min mark here)

And here is much more developed and recognizable version from 2015, still far from its full form:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Not sure why would you post 2018 recordings... because they were teasing it since as early as 2012:
    The original request was for edited, best examples?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Reminds me of Kevin Shields with MBV. We were due a follow up EP to the long awaited album allegedly many years ago, even last years projected release date has now too been and gone.

Hard times being fans of these bands sometimes.
    I've come to terms that some bands that are just not worth being fans of. And I don't mean that in a negative way, don't get me wrong. A fan waits excitedly for news and information and shows and there are some bands that don't do any of that. it's better to be acquaintances of a those bands. you'll catch up with them when it happens but otherwise it's just not worth it.

side note: are the individuals of MBV big enough to warrant these gaps? I mean Tool were big enough with their albums that the gap to FI didn't really mean anything because they were busy with other stuff + their holdings from the previous albums and tours were sizable enough to not cause undue financial hardship.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've come to terms that some bands that are just not worth being fans of. And I don't mean that in a negative way, don't get me wrong. A fan waits excitedly for news and information and shows and there are some bands that don't do any of that. it's better to be acquaintances of a those bands. you'll catch up with them when it happens but otherwise it's just not worth it.

side note: are the individuals of MBV big enough to warrant these gaps? I mean Tool were big enough with their albums that the gap to FI didn't really mean anything because they were busy with other stuff + their holdings from the previous albums and tours were sizable enough to not cause undue financial hardship.
    That's a tough one. Maybe not from the original album gap from 1991 - 2013, but they sure made enough reunion money to be comfortable, whereas Tool made enough money out of the band to keep comfortable, and Maynard has had lots of popularity with side stuff. We've not really heard enough Adam Jones music for all the years he's been active though in my mind, much like with Kevin Shields from MBV and quite a number of other artists - and that raises a good idea for a thread about artists who maybe didn't release as much as they could/should. They are gonna get older and their lives work is gonna be a small (but fantastic, don't get me wrong) set of EP/Album releases and that's that. Larry Lalonde from Primus is another one for me, criminally underrated guitarist, but you won't find much of his work outside of Primus and they aren't the most prolific of bands.

I spend a lot of time scouring the internet for news and stuff on my favourite artists still, even though there are long waits in-between records.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^ i like that better than the TOOL version hahaha

as someone who has done recordings outside (on my parents' roof and in their backyard) during less than ideal temperatures, i can only imagine how much his hands hurt when he was done. this guy is awesome.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Last edited by Jord; 05-13-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Oh.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It’s the left one that’s supposed to hang lower.

Just saying, if we want to be anatomically correct. Or is there some “deeper” meaning to this?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

not too shabby

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Huh. Looks like A Perfect Circle to me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Adam posted this on Instagram. Demo of Descending he took to Justin and Danny to work on.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAUmDqw...d=6ojbbmgt1umv

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    https://store.nin.com/collections/ob...2020-tour-tote

"COMMEMORATE THE MEMORIES YOU’LL NEVER FORGET. EVERY SONG WE’VE EVER WRITTEN PLAYED EVERY NIGHT. TAPEWORM DEBUT / REUNION. COMPLIMENTARY MANGO LA CROIX FOR EVERYONE. TED CRUZ PUKING OUT BY THE BUS."

TAPEWORM DEBUT / REUNION. Lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Spring 2020 Tool tour is officially canceled. Refunds will be posted soon.

Sucks, but getting money back now instead of endlessly waiting for new dates is the best option.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sucks, I'd rather wait. Bought two seats in front of the sbd specifically to tape without having people right next to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I had row 9 Madison and row 8 Sioux Falls.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Don't remember the row, but I had pretty good floor seats for the Minneapolis show. 2020 just keeps getting shittier every day...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Don't remember the row, but I had pretty good floor seats for the Minneapolis show. 2020 just keeps getting shittier every day...
    No doubt, Rock USA just got canceled on Wednesday too (I was also going to that).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)