Page 203 of 264 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 7891

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wow, an honest to God actual toolarmy presale again? Hell yes

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Milwaukee. My god- it's been 2006 since NIN has been here, and 2007 since Tool.

Pretty cool 3 days in LA for Tool and then Clippers vs Lakers.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    You have to pay for ToolArmy, correct?...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So, now’s the time my uninitiated ass asks about how exactly Tool Army works. Just pay the membership fee and you’re good?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    You have to pay for ToolArmy, correct?...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    So, now’s the time my uninitiated ass asks about how exactly Tool Army works. Just pay the membership fee and you’re good?
    Yeah, I guess it's an annual fee now. I signed up way back in the Lateralus days and I guess it was just a one-time fee then? Says I expire in 2100 anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, I guess it's an annual fee now. I signed up way back in the Lateralus days and I guess it was just a one-time fee then? Says I expire in 2100 anyway.
    Ahh bummer so you're gonna have to renew before the next album drops.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Yeah, I guess it's an annual fee now.
    #bummer

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    $50 a years seems pretty nutty. Is it actually worth it to those of you who’ve done it? And what would you guess the benefits would be re: the upcoming shows? Better tickets and early entry or just early access to tickets?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    When I researched it and joined in April, I read that the last round of VIP tickets were $500/each and that it reserved the first 2-3 rows of the venue for those holders. No clue if it is typically that way or would be that way this time.

Edit: I've been trying to log on to see the details but having trouble doing so.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    #bummer

Yeah, I feel like I paid $100 way back in the day. $50 could at least be good for a year to get the immediate perk and then cancel it or let it lapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    $50 a years seems pretty nutty. Is it actually worth it to those of you who’ve done it? And what would you guess the benefits would be re: the upcoming shows? Better tickets and early entry or just early access to tickets?
    In the past it's just been (potentially) better tickets offered for fanclub. I think they were always will call and you wouldn't even know the seat location until you picked them up. Fanclub always gets first crack at the VIP stuff too, but that's a separate thing (and I think $500?). No clue if this tour will be the same, but early entry probably won't be a thing - all the seats are reserved so there's no need really, aside from picking up some of the more limited merch. So maybe that'll be a perk?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Man, not one band likes to go to Florida.

Try living in Minnesota, aka flyover country. I'm always driving to Milwaukee or Chicago for shows. Looks like I'll be doing it again...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm always driving to Milwaukee
    lol wut?

Granted I'm doing this based on NIN and Tool appearances. Milwaukee kind of sucks for music. Too small market and too close to Chicago.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thanks for the responses, all! Part of why I'm tempted by joining is that if good tickets sell out in two seconds (as I expect they probably will), I'll probably end up paying more for resale tickets than the membership fee anyway - especially since I'm planning on going to two shows.

Whatever the VIP is will be really fucking tempting if it guarantees close seats.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Damn well looks like I'll be skipping this one guys, have fun!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

lol, imagine if you actually do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The new album drops AND a Milwaukee tour date is announced? Fucking hell, a happy Friday indeed!

AND it's about time my ToolArmy membership paid off....I've had that shit for like 15 years now.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 08-30-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What’s the chance they add more dates later?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    Next year? Probably 100% guaranteed. I'm sure Coachella/Bonnaroo/etc. will want to jump on them, prompting another spring/summer tour.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    wouldn’t rule it out, but doubtful for the rest of the calendar year. Christmas/New Years is only a month after the final date.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    wouldn’t rule it out, but doubtful for the rest of the calendar year. Christmas/New Years is only a month after the final date.
    Thanks, since there’s no PNW dates I’m debating whether to wait til 2020 or fly down to LA. I know they’re older and don’t wait to tour like machines, but these songs should get the live treatment.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Next year? Probably 100% guaranteed. I'm sure Coachella/Bonnaroo/etc. will want to jump on them, prompting another spring/summer tour.
    Yeah something tells me they'll be playing Coachella, so I would imagine there will be a short spring tour surrounding those two weekends.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    lol wut?

Granted I'm doing this based on NIN and Tool appearances. Milwaukee kind of sucks for music. Too small market and too close to Chicago.
    Yeah, over the past 3 years, I've gone to Chicago for 4 shows (NIN twice last year, Riot Fest, and Chicago Open Air) and various cities in Wisconsin for 3 other shows (Northern Invasion, Cake & Ben Folds). I have SERIOUS FOMO!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Man, not one band likes to go to Florida.
    I'm not in FL, but I feel the pain because nothing ever comes to Vancouver anymore either. We used to be a concert hot spot in the late 90s and early 00s, but now they always skip us. Most of the time, artists aren't even coming to Seattle anymore either. Whole PNW (Portland, Seattle, Vancouver) has been getting shafted for a while now.

2 dates in Toronto and nothing else in Canada. What a bummer.

Tool is playing Sunday, Oct 13th @ the Aftershock festival. Then off to Denver on the 15th. Maybe they will release a couple PNW dates before Aftershock? Can totally squeeze in Vancouver, Seattle and Portland beforehand... wishful thinking on my end, heh. I know tours have gotten dates added after the initial batch have been released. I can hope.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-30-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nah, there are a billion shows that come through here. I just saw Drab Majesty. Seeing The Midnight tonight. Converge and Cult Leader were just here. Had to pass on Orville Peck because it was the same night as Drab Majesty. Tours can't play every city all the time.

Daughters is coming in December with Lingua Ignota.
    Iron Maiden's here in like three days.
    The Distillers are coming to Vancouver in a few weeks.
    I'm seeing Torche like three days after that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ghost is in September too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm not in FL, but I feel the pain because nothing ever comes to Vancouver anymore either. We used to be a concert hot spot in the late 90s and early 00s, but now they always skip us. Most of the time, artists aren't even coming to Seattle anymore either. Whole PNW (Portland, Seattle, Vancouver) has been getting shafted for a while now.

2 dates in Toronto and nothing else in Canada. What a bummer.

Tool is playing Sunday, Oct 13th @ the Aftershock festival. Then off to Denver on the 15th. Maybe they will release a couple PNW dates before Aftershock? Can totally squeeze in Vancouver, Seattle and Portland beforehand... wishful thinking on my end, heh. I know tours have gotten dates added after the initial batch have been released. I can hope.
    I really feel like leaving off that entire quadrant of the country/continent is a bit odd and rather indicative that another leg could follow. Aftershock is probably preventing them from doing the San Fran area, so maybe after that happens they could announce something for December (including PNW). I'd lean more towards next year, but I'd be shocked if there's not more dates with this album cycle.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nah, there are a billion shows that come through here. I just saw Drab Majesty. Seeing The Midnight tonight. Converge and Cult Leader were just here. Had to pass on Orville Peck because it was the same night as Drab Majesty. Tours can't play every city all the time.

Daughters is coming in December with Lingua Ignota.
    Iron Maiden's here in like three days.
    The Distillers are coming to Vancouver in a few weeks.
    I'm seeing Torche like three days after that.
    I feel like Vancouver is only good for smaller shows/bands. It's like the city to come to BEFORE you get HUGE.

I mean, we didn't get Cold and Black and Infinite either. We didn't get the big giant Slipknot show that went down to Auburn recently.
    Smashing Pumpkins haven't been here in god knows how long (10+ years?)
    Maybe I should rephrase it to stuff I am interested in doesn't come here, lol.

Couple good shows lined up in October... Nightclub, Amorphis, Pup, The Interrupters. Then static-X in December. But I still find that the tours I really want to see never come here.
    Covenant skipped us this summer... that's another band that hasn't been here for 15 years. They went to Calgary and then Seattle. Totally breezed right over us.
    PIG?? Don't even get me started on PIG... fucker has done 3 North American tours in a row, 2017, 2018 and now again this fall.... Never came here once... and 2 of his band members live here FFS!!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-30-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    so this whole tool army fan club presale thingy... is it worth doing??? I'm temping to sign up right now but I'm gunna be kinda pissed if i do and then tix sell out and i get nothing good. I'm really amped about this tour cause ive been holding seeing them until new music came out. Now it's here and im loving the new songs so I want good seats and am willing to pay but just not to scalpers. I hate scalping and refuse to support them. I feel if i skip this and wait til the general sale its gunna be the usual shit show with scalpers eating up all good seats and resaling for exorbitant prices on resell sites.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    so this whole tool army fan club presale thingy... is it worth doing??? I'm temping to sign up right now but I'm gunna be kinda pissed if i do and then tix sell out and i get nothing good. I'm really amped about this tour cause ive been holding seeing them until new music came out. Now it's here and im loving the new songs so I want good seats and am willing to pay but just not to scalpers. I hate scalping and refuse to support them. I feel if i skip this and wait til the general sale its gunna be the usual shit show with scalpers eating up all good seats and resaling for exorbitant prices on resell sites.

Same here, I'm not gonna do it. If I was guaranteed a good seat I would, but it's most likely gamble .