Page 189 of 263 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 199 239 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,670 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It’s obvious, and has been almost plainly said by Maynard, that the rest of the band is the hold up. Adam even said as much. Maynard recording his vocals “away from the band” means what? They worked on the music for how long without Maynard? There’s nothing odd here. It’s just the way they operate. They’ve been touring together for quite awhile during this recording process, I’m sure they’ve collaborated fine.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    ...reading these negative comments when no one has heard the whole album is a buzz kill.
    Agreed. To the people in here who need to scream from the mountaintops about how disappointed and underwhelmed they are every single time a detail drops about the new album... it's getting really fucking old. Can you just assume we already know you're not excited and leave it at that? I have no issue with people voicing their opinions, but when you're just yelling about how let down you are by an album you haven't heard yet, it's not really adding anything to the conversation.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    alright so let's move things back in a more positive direction.

how's tool tour dates looking? When is wine harvesting season? I guess I should have pulled the trigger on those aftershock tickets first and asked questions later.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post

how's tool tour dates looking?
    No fucking shit! I’m still waiting for this big news, and the longer it takes the more it seems like it may just be Aftershock and some surrounding cities since I really doubt they would haul everything for just one festival show.

so much for a positive post, lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    No fucking shit! I’m still waiting for this big news, and the longer it takes the more it seems like it may just be Aftershock and some surrounding cities since I really doubt they would haul everything for just one festival show.

so much for a positive post, lol.
    I'm totally ok with another Sac / SF / SJ / LA run

BILL GRAHAM BABY

//edit

Nothing is scheduled so far Oct 14 - 26. JUST SAYIN'

http://billgrahamcivic.com/calendar/
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-14-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Segues/interludes are perfectly fine if they serve to the benefit of the overall album well as a whole musical journey. I don't throw on single seques from Ænima either. But I never skip on full playthrough as it contributes to the mood and feel of each successive piece. Tool are hardly the only progressive rock band to do this. Again, no care by me if it's been 3 years or 13 years, I just want a musical journey to experience. Could give three shits as to individual length of songs.
    This, bigly.

I’m still just happy enough to know 10,000 Days wasn’t the last swing. It did have some gems, but most of all it lacked a strong cohesion the previous albums had (the world it created ultimately felt disjointed). I have a good feeling Fear Inoculum will deliver at least in that department.

I’m psyched for all long songs.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-14-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    for people still looking to pre-order, SRC Vinyl has had it up this whole time. guess i'm the only person signed up for their mailing list?

https://www.srcvinyl.com/tool-fear-i...deluxe-cd.html
    Books A Million also has copies available for pre-order. I just placed my order but I'm sure I won't receive it by street date, man those shipping prices are absurd. The only reason I went with BAM is if you sign up for a new account they'll email you a 20% discount code which I then used to apply for faster shipping.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I'm totally ok with another Sac / SF / SJ / LA run

BILL GRAHAM BABY

//edit

Nothing is scheduled so far Oct 14 - 26. JUST SAYIN'

http://billgrahamcivic.com/calendar/
    Just a guess, but I’d bet on them (management and what not) wanting to book the larger and newer arenas. Would have to do a quick google search but the Warriors (Chase Arena?) is opening up with I think Metallica this fall.

Its not like Tool won’t be able to sell those out quickly, and my only hope for them coming to Milwaukee is the fact that we have a new (tax payer funded- yay!) state of the art arena for the Bucks.*

*Only a matter of time for Giannis to bolt to some other eventual contender cuz no other year-in, year-out star wants to come here. :/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Damn, some of ya'll are bitching pretty hard about something that ISN'T OUT YET. (number of tracks? seriously?)

'Wish You Were Here' doesn't suck because it only has five tracks. 'Dark Side of the Moon' is half segues/instrumentals. If it works, it works. There's going to be 70+ minutes of NEW music from the band. They're not obligated to write shorter songs or have 'more vocals' or whatever. Give it a chance. Let it breathe.

Anyway..after telling myself (and failing miserably) that I won't listen to FI more than once until the album drops, I've loosened up to allow myself to listen to it once a day.

Can't wait for the 30th. The track-list coming out has me hyped.

(Also, FEAR THE DEER. ^)
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 08-14-2019 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I keep seeing the counter point to "there are only 6 songs" be "yeah, but those 6 tracks are 70 whatever minutes" and I think that right there speaks for itself.... and not in a positive light. Nobody wants to hear six 10-15 min tracks. 1, MAYBE 2 per record are ok... but 6?

I'm not feeling this record either.. Everything leading up to it's release feels forced and rushed. Like, they're releasing something for the sake of releasing something at this point. Kinda feels like they're doing it to shut the fans up. From the reviews i've read, and the song's i've heard already 4/7 (invincible, descending ccTrip, FI), i'm not convinced this record is for me. The reviews say there is next to no Maynard singing even on the 6 songs that do have him, which worries me. The band is great and all, excellent musicians, not gonna lie or doubt that, but instrumental music does very little to me. One of the things that brought me to tool was the lyrics. Maynard's lyrics have always been the selling point for me. If he takes a back seat on this record, like I am afraid he has, then I know this record isn't for me.

My last hope is that I like 7empest. It's the song that is supposed to feature Maynard, well... being Maynard. Angry, screaming, sarcastic, witty Maynard. So remember when you argue the length of this record as a counter point to there only being 7 songs. 6/7 of these songs could very well just be "3 guys jamming in a room for 80 mins and a few words thrown in over there"

I used to think Puscifer was the weakest link, but to me that's the only redeeming "Maynard" project left that has my attention.

And to everyone's point about Ghosts being instrumental therefore it's amazing, it's not. It's rubbish.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-15-2019 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Nobody wants to hear six 10-15 min tracks.
    you’re right. I want to hear seven.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Honestly, I think it should have been a double album.
    Seems like they were cutting songs to make the 80 min CD limit.

45-50 mins per disc. That way the segues can fit in with the main record. Could have squeezed in an extra 5-6 min song in there with lyrics to make everyone happy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I love when opinions are facts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Uh come on man. You are not much of a fan of the progressive rock/metal genre. If you want short alternative rock songs, Tool have clearly gone away from that in their evolution as a band. Perhaps you should just move on... God I would hate to see you struggling with the bands I obsess over if you can't handle long songs.

Edit: Opinions are opinions. It's all subjective. But take this for example: I think is the best song I have heard in the last five years. If Tool makes anything that touches that on this album, I will be impressed. Hell, they don't even have to be on that level. Just make great music and make an impact. There are many of us who don't give a shit about song lengths. Just how the music makes us feel emotionally and how it relates to your life / experiences. Tool are creating long songs now. It's what they do now. Take it or leave it.
    Last edited by pulse; 08-15-2019 at 02:31 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Uh come on man. You are not much of a fan of the progressive rock/metal genre. If you want short alternative rock songs, Tool have clearly gone away from that in their evolution as a band. Perhaps you should just move on... God I would hate to see you struggling with the bands I obsess over if you can't handle long songs.

Edit: Opinions are opinions. It's all subjective. But take this for example: I think this is the best song I have heard in the last five years. If Tool makes anything that touches that on this album, I will be impressed. Hell, they don't even have to be on that level. Just make great music and make an impact. There are many of us who don't give a shit about song lengths. Just how the music makes us feel emotionally and how it relates to your life / experiences. Tool are creating long songs now. It's what they do now. Take it or leave it.
    Well, I'm gonna give the record a chance, like I always do. Tool is in my top 5 bands of all time, so I don't want to just give up on them just yet. But from what i've heard, this record is not for me, and if it's not, it's not. I'll move on. I won't sit here and cry for the next 13 years on how they made the worst record of their career by making an album full of long songs. Long songs can be excellent if done right. There is a band called Green Carnation who have a record called "light of day, day of darkness" and the record consists of just 1 giant 60 min song, and that's all. FANTASTIC song. Descending? Invincible? Also long songs, but they do nothing for me. Rosetta Stoned is an example of a long song that interests me as well. As I stated above, Maynard is the selling point for me. His lyrics and delivery. Without him, I have no interest in 10-12 mins of just random music being played. Not my thing.
    It's the lack of Maynard that makes it uninteresting to me.

My initial reaction to Fear inoculum (the song) was extremely positive. However, the more I listened to it, the less and less I found myself enjoying it each time.
    When the record was first announced to come out this year, my excitement level was though the roof, but as we inch closer to release date, I can't help but feel that falling more and more each day.
    I'm gonna give it a try like I always do, and i'll still support the band in a live setting when I get the chance, just one more person not feeling the new material, and that's nothing against the band for maturing and wanting to do something new.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Kinda feels like they're doing it to shut the fans up.
    I'm pretty sure, at this point, not a single member of the band has the illusion that releasing anything will get Tool fans to shut the fuck up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    6 vocal songs and 4 instrumentals/interludes seems half assed, esp considering MJK recorded his vox away from the band. It just reeks of them phoning it in
    For any song that stands around the 18-20 minute mark, that's worth 3 or 4 shorter song lengths. I quite admire the art of putting that amount of effort into a long track instead of a bunch of short ones, the jury's out on whether or not they are actually and good but the proof will be in the pudding.

There was a recent Kerrang interview where the interviewer asked why the album took so long, and Justin asked back 'well how long should it have taken?' and it comes out that the whole thing was only recorded within the last 4 years.

Also, I'm not too fussed about Maynard recording his stuff away from the band. Mike Patton did that for the last FNM record and it was belting, didn't seem phoned in. Again - we'll all find out if this album holds up in a couple of weeks when it's out.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I mean, they had to make it 7 tracks so it won't be an EP, right?

Any thoughts/hopes on what this screen with the package is going to display? Maybe that's how they release a new video? A visualizer?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    I mean, they had to make it 7 tracks so it won't be an EP, right?

Any thoughts/hopes on what this screen with the package is going to display? Maybe that's how they release a new video? A visualizer?
    I’m wondering if it might contain the segues with accompanying visuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wish You Were Here > The Wall.

Wait, what are we talking about?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Wish You Were Here > The Wall.

Wait, what are we talking about?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Any thoughts/hopes on what this screen with the package is going to display?
    Highlights of the 1985 Chicago Bears.

One can dream, I suppose.
    Last edited by Krazy; 08-15-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Weird, because I seem to recall a lot of people on here being extremely excited by this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Weird, because I seem to recall a lot of people on here being extremely excited by this.
    I know I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm not feeling this record either
    How bitter and lonely life must be when you hear 10 minutes of a 90 minute album and just randomly decide "this entire album is garbage".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Highlights of the 1985 Chicago Bears.

One can dream, I suppose.
    Maybe a cover of the Super Bowl Shuffle.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Metal Hammer scan up (from Reddit), this is a VERY good interview.

https://www.docdroid.net/EUWs6Je/img-20190815-131231-2-converted.pdf

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Metal Hammer scan up (from Reddit), this is a VERY good interview.

https://www.docdroid.net/EUWs6Je/img-20190815-131231-2-converted.pdf
    Scans eh? Lol

Good article though

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Scans eh? Lol

Good article though
    Better than nothing