Page 176 of 263 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I would assume it goes up at 12EST tonight on Spotify?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post

Also, that RADIO.COM picture is so cheesy, even for Tool. God... lol
    I guess this shows you was the real culprit for the 13 year hold-up... :shrug:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I would assume it goes up at 12EST tonight on Spotify?
    I would hope but Radio.com sounds pretty confident on the “THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I would hope but Radio.com sounds pretty confident on the “THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE.”

And their "WORLD PREMIERE" statement

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    And their "WORLD PREMIERE" statement
    Nah. They’ve been replying to people’s tweets saying otherwise.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What is this new Opiate version I keep seeing mentioned? I know they were playing the song live recently, but why does everyone seem to be convinced they plan on releasing a studio version of the new arrangement? Was this mentioned by the band somewhere and I just missed it?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think they did mention it and it was played at the Tool clinics if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What is this new Opiate version I keep seeing mentioned? I know they were playing the song live recently, but why does everyone seem to be convinced they plan on releasing a studio version of the new arrangement? Was this mentioned by the band somewhere and I just missed it?
    Yes. It was announced by the band last year. They re-recorded Opiate and a video was produced for it. But still a mystery when it will be released to the public. It is speculation we will get it as a bonus with the new album or a standalone release.

Edit: Actually it was in late 2017:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNom-dBNtT/
    Last edited by pulse; 08-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Yes. It was announced by the band last year. They re-recorded Opiate and a video was produced for it. But still a mystery when it will be released to the public. It is speculation we will get it as a bonus with the new album or a standalone release.

Edit: Actually it was in late 2017:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbNom-dBNtT/
    Nice I totally missed that one! I bet it's the bonus with the mp3 download card.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Nice I totally missed that one! I bet it's the bonus with the mp3 download card.
    Ah, now that makes sense!

FYI the new version has an extended mid section with those tribal drums Danny loves. “We both want to rape you” is sometimes changed to “we both want to divide you”.

Last edited by Erneuert; 08-06-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Best Buy stores still carry CDs? Their website doesn't.
    Remember when stores used to stock cassettes? I thought it felt weird when you could no longer get them in stores. Now it’s happening to CDs. Remember CDnow.com? And now vinyl is coming back. Life feeds on life feeds on...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Nah. They’ve been replying to people’s tweets saying otherwise.
    Do you mean they’re saying that it will be up on Spotify earlier?

Sorry for the triple post.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Do you mean they’re saying that it will be up on Spotify earlier?

Sorry for the triple post.
    Just that everyone is asking about it and they’re responding that it’s not exclusive to them. Here are some of their responses:

As far as we know its just the song streaming on Youtube! We know about as much as everyone else.

We will have the song on our site and on our stations at 8am ET tomorrow. However it is not exclusive to us, so there will be ways to listen if you are outside the US and cannot access our site/stations.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sorta wish it was one of the songs they've been playing live, as that's already 20+ minutes of content they've 'released'..but at this point I ain't gonna complain.

My body is ready.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Looks like we'll get the song before the links lol

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Link doesn’t mention vinyl...or anything besides digital

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Don't know about you guys...but I've had that last IG on repeat for a while, it sounds trippy! My body is ready for tomorrow.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, that sounds pretty fucking cool. We’ll see (hear?) though.

Hopefully it’s an awesome opener. Stinkfist and The Grudge and Vicarious definitely didn’t disappoint.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIs

Looks like all the streaming services will have it then.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm still just gonna wait til the 30th and hear the whole thing start to finish. Nice to see all of this month long blitz from them, though.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, that sounds pretty fucking cool. We’ll see (hear?) though.

Hopefully it’s an awesome opener. Stinkfist and The Grudge and Vicarious definitely didn’t disappoint.
    Has it been confirmed to be the first track on the album? Or just the title track?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Team "I've waited this long, I'm not listening to anything until the fucking album comes out" 2019.

Although I'm torn between whether to actually even listen on release day or not, as I'll still be out of the country. I do have my reference headphones with me, but I usually like to do the first listen on speakers with a nice beer - neither of which I'll have access to for two more weeks after the album drops.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Team "I've waited this long, I'm not listening to anything until the fucking album comes out" 2019.

Although I'm torn between whether to actually even listen on release day or not, as I'll still be out of the country. I do have my reference headphones with me, but I usually like to do the first listen on speakers with a nice beer - neither of which I'll have access to for two more weeks after the album drops.
    @ManBurning was in a similar situation with the new Rammstein album. He should be able to guide you.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    85 minutes goes into 6 hours about 4 times, so if I take at least a half-day off work, I'll be able to listen on a big PA system (beer), AND reference headphones (marijuana), AND my studio setup (wine), AND on the Hi-Fi (mushrooms) all on day one.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Just saw this post in Instagram comments:

Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band's first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Under six hours... literally 1/3 of my life for this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I placed my pre-order on Amazon about two hours ago (they're up there, btw). There looks to be a video dropping in the morning, too. Otherwise, why have a currently unavailable YouTube video at the top of the title track download/streaming links page? Can't wait to wake up to this in the AM...

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @ManBurning was in a similar situation with the new Rammstein album. He should be able to guide you.
    Luckily for me, the Rammstein record leaked 2 days before my flight left. So, I was actually able to have a traditional listen on my home sound system before I left.

I was however, in the same situation when "bad witch" dropped last year. I really wanted to save listening to the record before the live shows I was traveling to see. Once again, the record released a few days before my trip. I downloaded it and threw it on my mp3 player to listen to after I had seen the shows. I didn't even listen to God break down the door, I wanted to go into the shows completely unaware. I made it through 1 show and I cracked randomly on a UK subway line for my first listen. Not my ideal listening environment, but I made due with what I had. If I could go back in time, would I listen a different way? Not at all. My first memories listening to the record was in a strange and unknown place. I feel the soundtrack added to the experience and I wouldn't want it any other way.

So, I say - go for it. Download the record and listen to it on the go while you are in a foreign land. The experience alone will stay with you for the rest of your life. May not be your ideal first listen, but you'll grow to appreciate the music in ways you normally wouldn't have if you just did a traditional listen.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I placed my pre-order on Amazon about two hours ago (they're up there, btw). There looks to be a video dropping in the morning, too. Otherwise, why have a currently unavailable YouTube video at the top of the title track download/streaming links page? Can't wait to wake up to this in the AM...
    Thanks, now I can go back to sleep lol.