Page 117 of 263 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about Scott Walker of The Walker Brothers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_(singer)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone posted this (via theprp.com)?

Adam's instagram post indicating recording will happen in march: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfSBSZsH8xO/

This is from Maynard's (NON VERIFIED) twitter:

Started getting music files from the boys w the word FINAL in the title a few months ago after 11 years of begging. That in theory means the tracks wont change out from under me while I’m trying to write stories and melodies to them. In theory. Still waiting for the FINAL on 1,
    Replying to @mjkeenan
    ...but way ahead. Words & Melodies 100% DONE on all but 1. Someday we’ll track them. Long way from the finish line, but at least we’re closer. Meanwhile new @aperfectcircle release on 4/20. #whileyouwerewhiningiwasworking#theresyourupdate#eattheelephant#aperfectcircle2018
    Original article on theprp: http://www.theprp.com/2018/02/16/new...ew-tool-songs/

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kithriel View Post
    Has anyone posted this (via theprp.com)?

Adam's instagram post indicating recording will happen in march: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfSBSZsH8xO/

This is from Maynard's (NON VERIFIED) twitter:

Original article on theprp: http://www.theprp.com/2018/02/16/new...ew-tool-songs/
    Yeah, like a page or two back it was discussed in tthis thread.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think we can all agree that Tool is finally going to record this year, but as to when the record will actually be released? who the hell knows. Winter/Spring seems like a good bet though because that'll allow them to get into the festival circuit for 2019, similar to what they did for 10k Days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, double post, sorry.
    Last edited by Shunt; 02-21-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about Scott Walker of The Walker Brothers.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_(singer)
    Exactly, and then he released some of the best avant garde albums ever, although they are obviosly not for everybody, and it took me some time to get into those. I'm pretty sure Trent likes his 90s-00s stuff.

Hi, everybody, by the way. I'm more of a lurker, but I may post occasionally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, like a page or two back it was discussed in tthis thread.
    welp, I tried.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kithriel View Post
    welp, I tried.
    Ya done good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ultimately it's our own damn faults for ever thinking "this is the year", but goddamnit, this miscalculation has somehow happened so many times before already...it hurts. I'm tired. I AM TIRED.

I'm not talking shit about the band as I am the actual fan experience of "the wait". I may have said some things in the past that I didn't actually mean about them (I can't remember if I expressed them outwardly lol), out of pure frustration of said album process, but down to it, let's get real--they're a truly amazing band, and obviously we never wanted but more importantly never expected such a gap in time before being able to re-appreciate this quality through a new body of work. We all want to be moved in new ways by Tool again (and again, and again). WE ARE ALL KINDA FRIENDS HERE (ahem, actually, if we were all on a ship together, lost at sea for 12 years, it's quite possible there would have been a few homicides by now lolol). Even if it's one song from the new album that happens to do anything for me, hey...I can shamelessly say I am that thirsty right now, even if I'm not listening to them much these days.

I'm just putting in my mind: 2019. Maybe even 2020. I actually think I joked about those exact two years for the album some pages back (late last year or early this year), before recording date news actually hit. It was such a good joke, it's probably damn straight.

I will say that it's a good thing, that of all the band members Maynard is the only one who's been truly musically active (very) outside of Tool. If any of the other guys were active in new projects anywhere near the extent that Maynard is, with this same amount of time in the new album wait, it'd be sooooo bloody teasing. Unless, you know, the music was top quality (ehhh Maynard's stuff hasn't quite changed my life).

[/moody rant]
    Last edited by Amaro; 02-21-2018 at 11:13 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tool kicks ass and I'm looking forward to the new album whenever the fuck it comes out. Even though I love the last couple albums, I hope the new record is not a retread of what they did on Lateralus and 10k days, but if there's a couple 20-minute songs in there I imagine it will kind of lean that way.

I think the one thing I'd like them to bring back most is a bit of the anger and simplicity (comparative, obviously) from the first couple records. It'd be cool to hear a modern, new Tool song that I could actually learn to play on drums or guitar without having to read a book about technique first

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Im in the minority that thinks Undertow is their best album honestly

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    same. don't give a shit about a new album. we've seen maynard at his most maynard-ish over the past decade and i don't want any part of it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    same. don't give a shit about a new album. we've seen maynard at his most maynard-ish over the past decade and i don't want any part of it.
    Thats not how i feel but ok

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    How many bands are around 30 years and make great material? Probably none.
    Dinosaur Jr is as good as ever, 34 years into J Mascis' career

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Dinosaur Jr is as good as ever, 34 years into J Mascis' career
    Meh, maybe I should’ve been more clear. Meant “good” bands (not looking at you, Maroon 5) that have/had huge sustained commercial success that at certain points could/can sell out arenas.

Some of this is obviously going to be subjective. For instance there are people that like post 90’s NIN more than the PHM to Fragile era. I’m guessing that would be a minority of fans.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Meh, maybe I should’ve been more clear. Meant “good” bands (not looking at you, Maroon 5) that have/had huge sustained commercial success that at certain points could/can sell out arenas.

Some of this is obviously going to be subjective. For instance there are people that like post 90’s NIN more than the PHM to Fragile era. I’m guessing that would be a minority of fans.
    I’d say that’s how you define good, I guess. Paul McCartney still kills it. I kinda lost my taste for NIN but they’re by no means bad anymore or less talented it just appeals to me less.

Barenaked Ladies can still fill arenas and they are fantastic.

I feel like if you’re not willing to grow with an artist you’re not going to enjoy yourself much. I kinda lucked out in that Tool, A Perfect Circle, and now Puscifer all kind of hit me at the right moments in my life as I dealt with personal shit, faced my moments, dealt with who I am, had kids, got married, and so on. I’m a way different person now than I was when I got angsty with Ænima.

I still love the hell out of Third Eye Blind’s older stuff even though I’ve outgrown them by a whole helluva long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This isn't the first time I've read that kind of clarification, and I've never understood it. That depends on the audience response, not on the quality of the material.
    Last edited by Shunt; 02-22-2018 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I don't know about BEST, but I've listened to Opiate way more than any other tool album for the last several years.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i flip between undertow and aenima, sucks that undertow has basically been forgotten by the band for some unknown reason.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    i flip between undertow and aenima, sucks that undertow has basically been forgotten by the band for some unknown reason.
    I'm damn glad I saw them a few times when they still played older songs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    playing 10k days now, it's a damn fine record if you ask me, especially considering the crap that comes out in "mainstream metal" these days...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Wow. I guess I thought they played more off of Undertow than I thought back in the day, but looking back over these setlists, at four shows ranging from 96 to 01, they actually only played Crawl Away, Prison Sex and Sober.
    Not only did they forget Undertow, they forgot it in a fucking hurry.

Also, as far as good bands who kept making good records, I feel like I'm required to mention that Rush kept making good records for 38 years. Their final album was fairly well reviewed (and fucking great)
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-22-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Wow. I guess I thought they played more off of Undertow than I thought back in the day, but looking back over these setlists, at four shows ranging from 96 to 01, they actually only played Crawl Away, Prison Sex and Sober.
    Dude, it’s an angry album full of a lot of screaming and catharsis. Plus they moved on to longer songs that left them less time to slot songs into the set. Not to mention all of those songs were written long before Undertow was ever even recorded. Bands move on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Dude, it’s an angry album full of a lot of screaming and catharsis. Plus they moved on to longer songs that left them less time to slot songs into the set. Not to mention all of those songs were written long before Undertow was ever even recorded. Bands move on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Word. I just thought I had seen more of it. Memory is strange.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They used to perform Flood with regularity earlier in this decade. I recall hearing it on a few tours. One of my favs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Also, as far as good bands who kept making good records, I feel like I'm required to mention that Rush kept making good records for 38 years. Their final album was fairly well reviewed (and fucking great)
    In one of the post 10,000 Days tours they did Intolerance, and I have a bootleg from 2002 (or 01?) where they do 4 Degrees.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is the video not working for me?
    Cause its just half a second of what sounds like "heres"?.
    Are Tool fans become that thirsty now there may be a actual album in the next 2 years or so.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tic_begins View Post
    Is the video not working for me?
    Cause its just half a second of what sounds like "heres"?.
    Are Tool fans become that thirsty now there may be a actual album in the next 2 years or so.
    Its not so much the lame clip, it’s the fact that Adam Jones is confirming they’re in the studio recording (finally). Hence the “day 1” title post.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Its not so much the lame clip, it’s the fact that Adam Jones is confirming they’re in the studio recording (finally). Hence the “day 1” title post.
    I think the fact that he added an emoticon of a CD further confirms this point. I thought he'd said they were recording in April not that long ago. Are things now progressing faster than they'd anticipated? For the first time in a decade, it feels safe to be getting excited about a new Tool album! I doubt they will, but it would be sweet if they busted out one of the new tunes at Northern Invasion in May.