Thread: A Perfect Circle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Revisiting ETE again since its release, it suffers from just being so painstakingly boring.

Most of the tracks blend into each other, to the point of sounding like background, lounge music. I miss the rock aspect of their sound, and it becomes so overproduced at times, it is hard to ignore. Kindred is no exception to this, and goes absolutely nowhere.

I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I'd rather listen to eMOTIVEe over ETE.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Revisiting ETE again since its release, it suffers from just being so painstakingly boring.

Most of the tracks blend into each other, to the point of sounding like background, lounge music. I miss the rock aspect of their sound, and it becomes so overproduced at times, it is hard to ignore. Kindred is no exception to this, and goes absolutely nowhere.

I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I'd rather listen to eMOTIVEe over ETE.

APC on ETE is definitely not the same band I fell in love with when Mer De Noms came out. Thats for sure. Very overproduced and to be honest, Maynard's lyrics with APC now are very cringe and too on the nose for me. Puscifer lyrics are more discreet which is saying something. The Kindred lyrics, while I like the meaning, are just not for me. I miss Maynard that was a bit more closed off and cryptic.