Page 100 of 110 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    But how can a band like NIN who are equally as big as any of Maynard's projects s
    I love NIN, and it' can be frustrating at times being a Tool fan, but I don't see how NIN is equally as big as Tool in popularity. I can always easily get a NIN ticket, and Tool's bigger arena shows I end up shopping for (i.e. over-paying) on Stubhub since the good and semi-decent seats are gone right away.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm not proud or excited about paying $90 for it, but I bought that hooded sweatshirt and it's very well made, thick, comfortable, and overall very nice. It was the only item I bought and I don't regret my purchase. Just sayin'.
    I was in Jerome AZ (I went to the NIN Phoenix concerts and took a detour). At the Puscifer store, I got a cool Puscifer sweatshirt and a Tool one (I was not looking for APC then so I don't recall what they had). They are both good quality (the Tool one is very thick). While I could be wrong, I believe I paid $55 and $65 for them. Of course, that doesn't include the cost of getting there. It was cool to see though. The spouse got a haircut there too! The worlds' largest kaleidoscope store is also in Jerome.
    Last edited by sinspots; 11-20-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I love NIN, and it' can be frustrating at times being a Tool fan, but I don't see how NIN is equally as big as Tool in popularity. I can always easily get a NIN ticket, and Tool's bigger arena shows I end up shopping for (i.e. over-paying) on Stubhub since the good and semi-decent seats are gone right away.
    Tool still headlines festivals on Saturday while NIN headlines festivals on Sunday. They should just do a TAPEWORM festival:

HTDA -> Puscifer -> APC -> NIN -> Tool

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Tool still headlines festivals on Saturday while NIN headlines festivals on Sunday. They should just do a TAPEWORM festival:

While I really dislike festivals, I would go to that. Probably switch Puscifer and HTDA to give Maynard's vocals a little break though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    While I really dislike festivals, I would go to that. Probably switch Puscifer and HTDA to give Maynard's vocals a little break though.
    Holy crap, reminds me of one of my favorite Meathead “articles(?)”...

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp060823.htm

RUMOR: Nine Inch Nails is going to tour with Tool next year.
    This would certainly be the wet dream of many people who are fans of being bored. Unfortunately for them, this will never happen. One of the most obvious problems here would be deciding who opens for who. Both bands have reached the point where they'll be goddamned if they're going to play second fiddle to anybody else, even the resurrected corpses of the Beatles. I suppose they could take turns, but Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth already tried that, and the last thing we need is Trent stealing yet another idea from those guys. Besides, if I really want a four-hour wankfest, I can do that at home. Oh, and 10,000 Days sucks. Just figured now would be a good time to mention that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Holy crap, reminds me of one of my favorite Meathead “articles(?)”...

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp060823.htm

RUMOR: Nine Inch Nails is going to tour with Tool next year.
    This would certainly be the wet dream of many people who are fans of being bored. Unfortunately for them, this will never happen. One of the most obvious problems here would be deciding who opens for who. Both bands have reached the point where they'll be goddamned if they're going to play second fiddle to anybody else, even the resurrected corpses of the Beatles. I suppose they could take turns, but Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth already tried that, and the last thing we need is Trent stealing yet another idea from those guys. Besides, if I really want a four-hour wankfest, I can do that at home. Oh, and 10,000 Days sucks. Just figured now would be a good time to mention that.
    AND tickets would sell at fucking LIGHT SPEED!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Speaking of a Tool concert, so a reddit thread says that Tool will be playing at Rockville festival in Jacksonville, FL in May. I really am not a festival person and would prefer to wait for an non-festival show but I am also afraid maybe there won't be one soon so I should just go (never seen Tool--just got into it this year). Does anyone know if its pit in front of the stage or seats?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I understand all of that. But how can a band like NIN who are equally as big as any of Maynard's projects sell their merch for half price when you factor all of this in as well?
    You can't help but look at it from an apples to apples perspective when you see Trent selling his stuff for much less. I'm sure Trent and friends have just as much of a road crew to pay as anyone else. It's not even just NIN here, I have been to hundred's and hundred's of concerts in my lifetime, and I can easily say that APC and TOOL have the highest price merch of ANY band out there in this day and age. Spin it however you want with your reasoning about needing to pay the crew and the trucks and the workers and all that, but it all comes down to overpriced merch. The band wants a bigger cut, that's all there is to it. At the Aftershock festival last year when APC was there, they had their hoody's for $90 and all other bands were in the $50-60 vicinity for theirs.

It all boils down to music doesn't sell anymore, so artists need to make their money on the road now. I understand that, and that's fine, because I am a big support of buying concert merch for the shows I attend but charging the same price, or even MORE as the bloody concert ticket for a t-shirt or a hoody is downright ludicrous.
    Well said. The mental gymnastics to justify utterly overpriced hoodies & t-shirts was impressive in this thread thus far. We've all seen dozens of bands that are comparable to APC in venue/ticket price/fanbase size, and they find a way to make a good profit on merch without gouging their fans to that lvel. Only comparable band merch I can think of is Maiden, and when I saw Drake back in August his merch was more expensive than APC's. I think I saw a Drake hoodie going for $160 iirc. What a fuck you that is.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Speaking of a Tool concert, so a reddit thread says that Tool will be playing at Rockville festival in Jacksonville, FL in May. I really am not a festival person and would prefer to wait for an non-festival show but I am also afraid maybe there won't be one soon so I should just go (never seen Tool--just got into it this year). Does anyone know if its pit in front of the stage or seats?
    Tool has done the seated floor arrangement for years now. Last time I was at a show that they had GA on the floor was 2010. They’ll play that auditorium in San Francisco that has GA, but that’s the only exception I can think of.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tool has done the seated floor arrangement for years now. Last time I was at a show that they had GA on the floor was 2010. They’ll play that auditorium in San Francisco that has GA, but that’s the only exception I can think of.
    I really can't see them forcing a seating arrangement at a festival though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I really can't see them forcing a seating arrangement at a festival though.
    I thought I could leave “festival seating” entirely out of the conversation lol. I think that would be a first for probably any band, unless said festival was at some huge amphitheater.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I thought I could leave “festival seating” entirely out of the conversation lol. I think that would be a first for probably any band, unless said festival was at some huge amphitheater.
    LOL I clearly need more coffee. I thought it was being asked if they'd have seats at the supposed Jacksonville show haha, d'oh! Yeah, I don't think I've been to a non-seated headline Tool show since 2001.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Surprised they did an actual studio recording. I expected a live version like all of their other covers. Wish we got a studio version of Ashes to Ashes.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    AC/DC is totally not ACP's style so I'm not a big fan of how that turned out. I appreciate the out of the box attempt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Surprised they did an actual studio recording. I expected a live version like all of their other covers. Wish we got a studio version of Ashes to Ashes.
    How many other covers are only live versions?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, they did a (nearly) whole studio album of covers...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    when he says ‘Maynards projects’ isn’t he referring to everything BUT Tool? I was under the impression Tool was the brainchild of someone else and Maynard was just the singer / lyricist and he’d be pretty insulted to hear Tool called a Maynard project

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    How many other covers are only live versions?
    Diary of a Love Song and Ashes to Ashes

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I mean, dude, I saw the Barenaked Ladies with Better Than Ezra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You saw WHAT? Did you lose a bet?

I mean, to each his own and such, but God DAMN.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You saw WHAT? Did you lose a bet?

I mean, to each his own and such, but God DAMN.
    I have very eclectic musical tastes! But I grew up with BTE and BNL have a surprisingly deep repertoire that is full of serious songs.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Better Than Ezra has stuff that wasn't played on the radio that is fantastic. The song they put on the soundtrack for the first X-Files movie, "One More Murder", is a good example.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Better Than Ezra has stuff that wasn't played on the radio that is fantastic. The song they put on the soundtrack for the first X-Files movie, "One More Murder", is a good example.
    That song is absolutely killer. Before The Robots is a good but relatively unknown album.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    when he says ‘Maynards projects’ isn’t he referring to everything BUT Tool? I was under the impression Tool was the brainchild of someone else and Maynard was just the singer / lyricist and he’d be pretty insulted to hear Tool called a Maynard project
    i doubt it was ever meant to insult MJK, project was just a generic term meaning (and I’m assuming) his three bands he’s a part of. If we’re keeping score Puscifer would probably be his only “project”. From everything I’ve read and what not, APC is more of Billy’s operation and Tool is Adam Jones’s thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    In The Blood, radio song or not, is a great tune.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I have very eclectic musical tastes! But I grew up with BTE and BNL have a surprisingly deep repertoire that is full of serious songs.

Ok, sorry to continue this drift, but I just wanted to say that I sure don't mind Better Than Ezra. That one BNL song gets on my nerves, but I can see that there's talent there.

I was mostly just breaking your balls

And you've got to admit, it's a little unusual to see someone talking about a BNL show in an APC thread on an NIN board.

But hell, I'm big into Michael Jackson. I was listening to Gloria Estefan this morning. So I feel you.

Edit: so as to steer this thread back on course, I'm damn glad I saw APC a couple of times when they only had one album, because the setlists were inevitably amazing.

I sure would like to catch them again though.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-22-2018 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I would love for a soundboard recording of "Diary of a Lovesong" and "Vacant" from 2001.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I would love for a soundboard recording of "Diary of a Lovesong" and "Vacant" from 2001.
    Yes! I've always really liked Diary of a Lovesong and I've started arguments before with my assertion that Vacant is superior to Passive, but I stand by that statement.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    There's a version of Diary from some festival performance in FM quality. Not quite as good as an official soundboard, but pretty good anyway. Look it up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Search for “A Perfect Circle Soundboard” or “FM” on YouTube and you’ll find some. Plus some interesting early versions of Judith!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, they did a (nearly) whole studio album of covers...
    I should have been more specific. I meant covers debuted live (as well as some "demo" versions of songs), usually, to my knowledge, continue to exist as just live versions. A 45 with Ashes to Ashes/Diary studio versions would be very appreciated.