Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    SADLY, it sounds like it really happened.

Here is the corroboration (a local review of the festival, which alternativenation straight up plagiarized.)

But yeah, it sounds like it DID actually happen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    AHHHH! so THAT'S why the next story was KIM REVEALS IF SOUNDGARDEN WILL REPLACE CHRIS CORNELL, and then the story was about how, at one point, BEFORE BADMOTORFINGER, they had considered hiring a new singer because chris wanted to play drums.

Edit: they REALLY like the word "reveal"
    Haha yeah I guess they’re doing something right because they seem to have gained traction the past few years but omg the sensationalism KILLS me. I suppose my annoyance could also have something to do with the fact that they continually refer to Billy as “Maynard bandmate” but they really do never cease to amaze me with their clickbait. It’s just SO over the top.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    APC probably shouldn’t be headlining festivals these days. And if they are expectations for turn out should be pretty low.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone been to the most recent shows? Going to Madison on Saturday, was wondering if anyone knows what time they hit the stage at.

EDIT: wish setlistfm had this info.
    Last edited by Krazy; 11-04-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I got free tickets to see them tonight at MSG, so I finally decided to give the new album a spin. What the fuck its actually pretty good? Why did it take me so long to listen to this? I guess I thought I had grown out of them, but I was surprised to find out how much I actually dig it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I got free tickets to see them tonight at MSG, so I finally decided to give the new album a spin. What the fuck its actually pretty good? Why did it take me so long to listen to this? I guess I thought I had grown out of them, but I was surprised to find out how much I actually dig it.
    I’ve heard this sentiment over and over. I love it, personally!

Mildly on topic but I’ve always appreciated that Maynard’s content has evolved and matured over time. It really helps avoid growing out of his projects because you kinda grow along with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Since April, Eat The Elephant has been my favorite album of 2018.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I like Bad Witch and Ghost's Prequelle more, but Eat the Elephant is definitely in my top 5 for the year. Anyway, it looks like So Long and Thanks for all the Fish is getting a music video on Thursday.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I like Bad Witch and Ghost's Prequelle more, but Eat the Elephant is definitely in my top 5 for the year. Anyway, it looks like So Long and Thanks for all the Fish is getting a music video on Thursday.
    Took me a second to pick out the piano line in the teaser but it looks interesting.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Took me a second to pick out the piano line in the teaser but it looks interesting.

It definitely appears to be a new, slightly different and more piano-based version.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It definitely appears to be a new, slightly different and more piano-based version.

I would love a slightly different mix, a new intro, or even a live recording.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    ETE is criminally underrated IMHO. No, it may not be as good as the first two (mostly due to missing some bangers) but is a mostly great listen from start to finish. Wasn’t too keen on it right away either but it quickly came around to me. Find myself listening to it more than any, and probably all total, of the NIN EP trilogy.

Hey @imail724 , if you get a chance make a mental note of what time APC hits/hit the stage tonight. Would appreciate it- gracias!
    Last edited by Krazy; 11-06-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    ETE is criminally underrated IMHO. No, it may not be as good as the first two (mostly due to missing some bangers) but is a mostly great listen from start to finish. Wasn’t too keen on it right away either but it quickly came around to me. Find myself listening to it more than any, and probably all total, of the NIN EP trilogy.

Hey @imail724 , if you get a chance make a mental note of what time APC hits/hit the stage tonight. Would appreciate it- gracias!
    9:45

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wow what a great show. Spent the first few songs in the wrong fucking section, but eventually discovered we were supposed to be in the third row! Dumbasses. All's well that ends well though!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Prequelle is my favorite of 2018.

Sorry BW, i love you but its hard to compete when you really only have 3 songs, an intro track and 2 "experiments".

(3 killer songs btw)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

Sorry BW, i love you but its hard to compete when you really only have 3 songs, an intro track and 2 "experiments".

(3 killer songs btw)
    An intro track? Not to derail the thread, but are you referring to shit mirror as merely an intro and nothing more?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @imail724 that's a sweet guitar pick! And it looks like you got pretty damn close, I'm sure that was awesome!

Prequelle is definitely my favorite 2018 "album" in the conventional sense, but even though I still kinda personally consider Bad Witch more of an EP (in that it's a short listen), I think I enjoy it more overall. Mostly because it's my favorite band. NIN pretty much wins by default for me.

(3 killer songs btw)
    I do have to agree with @imail724 about Shit Mirror. It's not just an intro track, it's a song in its own right and it kicks ass! Pinion, Hyperpower!, 999,999 and Eater of Dreams are intro tracks. Like Branches/Bones and Less Than before it, it's a short (though not as short as Branches/Bones) and sweet song that kicks things off with a shot of adrenaline and lets the listener know what they're in for before launching into the rest of the record. I enjoy the instrumentals, but I understand the "instrumental fatigue" some people feel with all of the score work coming out lately, too. I don't think they're the best NIN instrumentals (that honor belongs to Just Like You Imagined, A Warm Place, & Leaving Hope), but I do really like them and they feel very at home on BW. To each their own, though!

Back on topic, DLB is the best APC instrumental since Renholdër.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    @imail724 that's a sweet guitar pick! And it looks like you got pretty damn close, I'm sure that was awesome!

Prequelle is definitely my favorite 2018 "album" in the conventional sense, but even though I still kinda personally consider Bad Witch more of an EP (in that it's a short listen), I think I enjoy it more overall. Mostly because it's my favorite band. NIN pretty much wins by default for me.

I do have to agree with @imail724 about Shit Mirror. It's not just an intro track, it's a song in its own right and it kicks ass! Pinion, Hyperpower!, 999,999 and Eater of Dreams are intro tracks. Like Branches/Bones and Less Than before it, it's a short (though not as short as Branches/Bones) and sweet song that kicks things off with a shot of adrenaline and lets the listener know what they're in for before launching into the rest of the record. I enjoy the instrumentals, but I understand the "instrumental fatigue" some people feel with all of the score work coming out lately, too. I don't think they're the best NIN instrumentals (that honor belongs to Just Like You Imagined, A Warm Place, & Leaving Hope), but I do really like them and they feel very at home on BW. To each their own, though!

Back on topic, DLB is the best APC instrumental since Renholdër.
    Renholdër isn’t instrumental.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone been to the most recent shows? Going to Madison on Saturday, was wondering if anyone knows what time they hit the stage at.

EDIT: wish setlistfm had this info.
    I just picked up tix to Madison this morning. Isn't it odd that I could get row 7 seats (slightly off center) via Ticketmaster (not verified resale tickets)? I had no idea such good seats were available, so I grabbed them. I had planned to see them for the first time in MN. Now, I guess first time is Madison, and MN the next night.

I have not been listening to APC long (got heavy into Puscifer this year then expanded). In Counting Bodies Like Sheep, that scream really sounds like Trent but a Google search indicates it's not -- but what surprised me is responders said it did not sound like Trent. /shrug

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    I just picked up tix to Madison this morning. Isn't it odd that I could get row 7 seats (slightly off center) via Ticketmaster (not verified resale tickets)? I had no idea such good seats were available, so I grabbed them. I had planned to see them for the first time in MN. Now, I guess first time is Madison, and MN the next night.

I have not been listening to APC long (got heavy into Puscifer this year then expanded). In Counting Bodies Like Sheep, that scream really sounds like Trent but a Google search indicates it's not -- but what surprised me is responders said it did not sound like Trent. /shrug
    What scream in Counting Bodies sounds like Trent?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I get what you mean, it sounded a lot like Trent to me the first time i listened to the track

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Renholdër isn’t instrumental.

Okay, fine. But it might as well be. There are barely any lyrics and they're either buried in the mix or more textural/atmospheric and not very discernible. Well, then I guess that means DLB is the very first true A Perfect Circle instrumental, doesn't it?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    In Counting Bodies Like Sheep, that scream really sounds like Trent but a Google search indicates it's not -- but what surprised me is responders said it did not sound like Trent. /shrug
    For what it's worth, I have ALWAYS thought it sounded like a Trent scream. It certainly doesn't sound like a Maynard scream to me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Like most of these arena shows, Madison was selling REALLY bad. They had all those front floor sections for like $300 a pop, now they’re selling them seats for $56. There was a buy one get one free last week or two weeks ago for that back portion of the floor lol.

Probaly gonna be a lot of empty seats with the whole upper tarped off. They’ll move/upgrade the people down.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm still really confused as to what scream people are talking about...can someone give me a timestamp in the song or something? I've literally never once thought "that sounds like Trent" when I've listened to it, but maybe now that I have the idea in my head it'll jump out at me?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm still really confused as to what scream people are talking about...can someone give me a timestamp in the song or something? I've literally never once thought "that sounds like Trent" when I've listened to it, but maybe now that I have the idea in my head it'll jump out at me?
    I think people are talking about that “OHHHH!!.. OHHHH!!!” thing.

Yeah, I never thought it sounded like Trent.

EDIT: roughly 0:42 seconds in is the first one.
    Last edited by Krazy; 11-07-2018 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    FWIW, Billy does the scream live. Doesn't necessarily mean it's him on the record, but it sounded pretty close to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Around 40-45 seconds or so. I guess the first few times I heard the song I didn't think that actually, then for some reason it jumped out at me that the song was very industrial NIN-sounding and that that sounded like Trent. Anyways, I am glad to hear at least one or two other people thought the same at some point, so at least I am not completely crazy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like most of these arena shows, Madison was selling REALLY bad. They had all those front floor sections for like $300 a pop, now they’re selling them seats for $56. There was a buy one get one free last week or two weeks ago for that back portion of the floor lol.

Probaly gonna be a lot of empty seats with the whole upper tarped off. They’ll move/upgrade the people down.
    Dang it. I'm going to the Madison show also, but I should have waited to buy my tickets. Paid 80+ bucks for a decent-ish seat (somewhere in Section 126, Row C) but would've much rather paid 56 for a row 6 (still on sale).

Thinking of calling the venue to see if there's any way I could swap, but I'm usually not optimistic for that type of thing.

Otherwise, it will still be fun to see them, and I'm close enough where I could bike to the venue if I wanted!