Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Blown away by the whole show but hour glass was fucking cool. It reminds me of this one band...

ETA: show spoiler: Spoiler: does Maynard bring out shake weights at every show or was that just for last night? So funny! He talked so much.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 05-03-2017 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spoiler tags just in case

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Was a good show last night, I'm glad I went. Somehow the tickets I bought at face value the day before the show from ticketmaster were three rows back from the pit barricade in the center orchestra section, so the seats were pretty great. Was a little disappointed no Orestes, Passive, or 3 Libras, but a lot from Thirteenth Step. Wish we would've had a little more Mer de Noms but still enjoyed the whole show. Feathers was really cool. Hourglass....... verdict is still out on that one personally. My wife and I were kind of like what the heck is this during the robotic voice parts. It sounded a little dated to me, but I'd like to hear the studio version. It was nice to hear Imagine played live. The last time I saw them was before Thirteenth Step came out, so it was cool to hear so many of those songs live and some of the covers.

By the way I had a helluva time getting the tickets through livenation (they kept erroring on checkout) and finally had to go through the ticketmaster APP on my phone to actually secure the seats after 30 minutes of trying on livenation website, clearing my browser cache, trying another browser, trying the livenation app (piece or garbage wouldn't even open after 2 install attempts), and ticketmaster website (redirected me to Live Nation website). So if you are interested in a show and see some sweet seats available go through the ticketmaster app if livenation errors and it should work fine.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Can someone link me, either here or via PM, to the best quality versions of the two new songs?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Can someone link me, either here or via PM, to the best quality versions of the two new songs?

Heres a version of hourglass that I just saw

ETA apparently this link is dead already.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'd really like to see them do a blend of Pet and Counting Bodies -- they could easily have the harder, more sinister and atmospheric aspects of Bodies build up to the melodies of Pet and then strip it back to the thumping of Counting. I just wish I'd get to hear Maynard do the "stay with me, safe and ignorant" part, especially with how good his voice is lately -- it's my favorite part of Pet by far.
    agreed, but preferably "lay your head down child, i wont let the boogeyman come"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Blown away by the whole show but hour glass was fucking cool. It reminds me of this one band...

ETA: show spoiler: Spoiler: does Maynard bring out shake weights at every show or was that just for last night? So funny! He talked so much.
    show spoiler: Spoiler: The shake weights were done in Fort Meyers at least -- such a great and surprising moment.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 05-03-2017 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spoiler tags just in case

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Re: spoilers. Those were actually from a friend of mine, and they've been a part of every show since he gave them to him. From what I've heard, the whole band is basically just out there having a laugh and loving life.

And yeah, I laughed my ass off when I saw it in action. Which song got the treatment at your shows? For us, it was Thinking of You​.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @theimage13 it was definitely during Thinking of You in Fort Meyers. Also, thanks for finding that vid! It was misting the last couple of songs but the uploader actually had them in a separate video here:

Last edited by implanted_microchip; 05-04-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    @theimage13 it was definitely during Thinking of You in Fort Meyers. Also, thanks for finding that vid! It was misting the last couple of songs but the uploader actually had them in a separate video here:

Ah yeah, got sidetracked and forgot to add that disclaimer. The full thing was also uploaded (by the taper) to Dime, which could potentially mean higher quality than whatever Youtube is using to encode it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Can't say I'd be a fan of the musical direction if this is true...

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...nd-dance-y-one

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Can't say I'd be a fan of the musical direction if this is true...

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...nd-dance-y-one
    i'm actually mildly interested now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Maynard doing Depeche Mode? Where do I sign up?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That's interesting. I remember billy describing the sound of the new Ashes Divide album as being more synth driven. So will the new APC album be that material reworked? Will there ever be another Ashes Divide album or will it just be music that eventually becomes APC?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    That's interesting. I remember billy describing the sound of the new Ashes Divide album as being more synth driven. So will the new APC album be that material reworked? Will there ever be another Ashes Divide album or will it just be music that eventually becomes APC?
    Billy strikes me as the kind of guy that has about hundreds off pro tools sessions with snippets, ideas, and mostly complete songs. I'm sure he could put together albums fairly easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Billy said in Atlanta that there would be an Ashes Divide album but not until after the new APC album which is the priority.

He's always said that it just depends which ones Maynard likes as to which banks do the songs go to.

But keep in mind he's been saying there would be a new Ashes album since 2010....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Billy said in Atlanta that there would be an Ashes Divide album but not until after the new APC album which is the priority.

He's always said that it just depends which ones Maynard likes as to which banks do the songs go to.

But keep in mind he's been saying there would be a new Ashes album since 2010....
    that's what's so frustrating! I've been waiting for more music from billy, apc be damned! I love Keep Telling Myself It's Alright and I'm more excited for the follow up than new apc, to be honest.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    During the show I saw, I wasn't sold on Hourglass. Didn't grab me right from the get-go. But I've giving it some re-listens, and I gotta say, I'm getting more and more eager to see how this sounds on the album.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I had great time seeing the band last night at the Bowl.

Got to meet @Krazy too and surprisingly enough he wasn't crazy.

I finally got to hear "Hourglass" live and vocally it's a a Puscifer song but the guitar melody is all Howerdel. I still prefer "Feathers" over it.

Random tidbits:
    Maynard dedicated "Thomas" to the "bros in Tool".
    Love the shake weight bit in "Thinking of You".
    Maynard walking towards the front of the stage and waving to the fans is still the weirdest thing I have seen on this tour.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ Yeah, was very cool to meet up. Never know what you're gonna get with an ETS'er, since its like a box of chocolates in here.

Maynard also said something to the effect of "don't judge the new songs too harshly, they're a work in progress". I'm guessing they may be getting some shit on social media for the Puscifer-like Hourglass.

Hollywood Bowl is a very cool venue- probably second to Red Rocks for me (that place takes the cake IMHO). Very weird that in most of the sections, people were sitting throughout. I stood up as soon as the lights went down and got some (light hearted) shit for it. Oh well, no need to upset the herd.

It was no NIN or Tool production but the lighting did look fantastic, with the "bowl rings" helping out some.

About to get the fook out of here via LAX. Enjoy ETS on back-to-work Monday everyone.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Maynard dedicated "Thomas" to the "bros in Tool".
    Considering the lyrics, I wonder what THAT means...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So, uh ... did I miss it, or did nobody post this tweet from then saying there won't be a new album this year?

https://twitter.com/aperfectcircle/s...40850547945473

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It's gotten to the point where you can't have faith in any Maynard related project anymore. Anything that comes from anyone associated with him or any of his bands should be taken with an extreme grain of salt.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's gotten to the point where you can't have faith in any Maynard related project anymore. Anything that comes from anyone associated with him or any of his bands should be taken with an extreme grain of salt.
    Except for Puscifer, that project is pretty steady.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Except for Puscifer, that project is pretty steady.
    In terms of the frequency with which they release new material, I agree. As for the quality of said material, that varies (at least in my opinion).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So, uh ... did I miss it, or did nobody post this tweet from then saying there won't be a new album this year?

https://twitter.com/aperfectcircle/s...40850547945473
    Whoever is posting just cement it:

https://twitter.com/aperfectcircle/s...71305389674496

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    And if anyone was still wondering who wears the pants in the APC relationship, we can cement that too!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Wow Maynard is such a douche.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Wow Maynard is such a douche.
    He's a creepy bastard with the voice of an angel. He hates us and we still love him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Also I didn't know Steven from the Black Queen is Billy's tech.