Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3279

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Regarding Judith, didn't realize they played it in 2011. The YT video is decent and Maynard's vocals don't seem to be an issue with that song.

Itll be interesting to to see what they do with three consecutive nights in Vegas. After that best guess is they stick to a mostly static setlist.

New tune is pretty decent, I think it'll be a grower on me. Like it more the first time than when By and Down came out at least. Keys are great and Maynard seemed to nail it- even if it's not exactly a "screamer" type of tune.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just finished seeing tonight's show. The new song is all right, 13th step vibe. If you hated the setlist in 2011, then you're going to love this tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Looks like tonight's setlist was almost identical to last nights. "People Are People" was played in place of "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding"

Seems like they're just going to replace one of the cover songs each night.
    That's fine, It's still a damn good set for anyone going to see it. Only other thing I'd ask for is 3 Libras, and none of those crazy remixed versions. I'd like to hear the original for a change.

I act like I'm going to a show... lol. I am most defiantly not.
    To everyone going, enjoy the show. Looks like it's one for the record books.

I hope they do a round 2 maybe in September/October and come up north. Guessing a more extensive tour when they have this "new record" out that they keep talking about. Hopefully a fall release and another touring leg behind it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Seems like they're just going to replace one of the cover songs each night.
    That's fine, It's still a damn good set for anyone going to see it. Only other thing I'd ask for is 3 Libras, and none of those crazy remixed versions. I'd like to hear the original for a change
    Yep, it's the original version.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Yep, it's the original version.

what is the original version?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    what is the original version?
    they've played the "all main courses" remix (that was done by robert del naja from massive attack) live, and i think maybe one of the other versions, as opposed to the original album version.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Just got back from tonight's show. Good stuff. For the second night Maynard has dedicated a song to his mother. Not "Judith". Don't miss out on this tour.

Oh it is interesting to see Maynard come off his platform and walk towards the front stage and thank the fans. Having seen him in both Tool and Puscifer over the years, I don't believe I ever saw him once go anywhere near the front stage to wave to fans.

Last edited by virushopper; 04-09-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm very excited to be seeing them -- I was honestly apprehensive about it when I bought my ticket for the end of the month, but so far I'm seeing nothing but praise for these shows and the sets seem like exactly what I'd hope for, realistically. Feathers sounds beautiful -- gonna hold off on relistening to it before seeing it in person. I'm hyped.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimie View Post
    The whole band sounds SO DAMN GOOD. I planned to only do the first show, added the second last minute and would have added the third if I could have but I'm an idiot and had already booked my flight leaving today.

If you can make it to a show get the hell on it.
    Jaimie! *waves* I should've known that you'd make the first show on the tour haha. I'm gutted they're not coming anywhere close to me, but at least Tool finally is. I've got my fingers crossed for a fall tour, and hopefully it won't conflict with any Tori dates.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The whole band sounds SO DAMN GOOD. I planned to only do the first show, added the second last minute and would have added the third if I could have but I'm an idiot and had already booked my flight leaving today.

If you can make it to a show get the hell on it.
    Whoa! Haven't seen you in ages on here!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hey you!! I was honestly so close to skipping it and right before I freaked out and decided I had to add it because it just didn't feel right.

Yeah I mostly lurk now but wanted to post about these shows in case anyone was on the fence. The Thursday show was probably one of the best shows I've ever seen Billy play as far as his guitar playing goes and as most of you know I have seen him play a lot of shows.
    I totally get you on the lurking bit, that's what I did here for years. I got accused of being a PR person for tori amos in the thread talking about when she played Something I can never have for me, and that nearly chased me away. But I'm still here heh.

This really is a killer set APC are doing. I think I can honestly say that Orestes and Vanishing are my absolute faves from the two albums. Getting either/both again in one set all these years later isn't something I even thought was possible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Get it while it's hot...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    *cough*

I'm behind a hotel firewall that has all the necessary ports closed off, so I can't grab this myself. If anyone else picks this up, I'd be grateful for a direct link.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    *cough*

I'm behind a hotel firewall that has all the necessary ports closed off, so I can't grab this myself. If anyone else picks this up, I'd be grateful for a direct link.

So, what is this? A recording of one of the recent live shows? I don't have an account there and I'm not willing to sign up just to satisfy my curiosity.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Yep, full audio boot of the Phoenix gig.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    *cough*

Got it. Currently uploading. PM me, everyone!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Was the Reno show tonight really the debut of the second new song?? Oh my stars!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Was the Reno show tonight really the debut of the second new song?? Oh my stars!
    According to setlist.fm it says it's called "Hourglass"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Oh my. I'm a fan.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hmm. Sounds very Puscifer-y.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Maybe it's the sound quality of the video but this performance of Feathers sounds way tighter than the earliest ones I saw vids of. It sounds incredibly beautiful, and Maynard's voice is just exquisite.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    If we could just transplant that upcoming sold-out Tool concert out of Montreal and swap for these guys and I could get a ticket that would be greeeeeeaaaaaaaaat :P

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

Oh my. I'm a fan.
    Holy smokes, this song is AMAZING!! I need a studio recording of this right now.
    Feathers was "eh" but this just upped the ante by a million and one.

It's rare to fall in love with a song within seconds of hearing it, but this song did that for me.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-15-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That show was amazing last night. Maybe the best sound quality I've ever heard for a Maynard show and maybe the best I've ever heard him sound. 10/10.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    To everyone who PM'd me: were you guys able to download the Phoenix bootleg from the link I sent you? @gerbil told me he could not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    To everyone who PM'd me: were you guys able to download the Phoenix bootleg from the link I sent you? @gerbil told me he could not.
    I'll upload it to my Dropbox and send you a link.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @wizfan got mine with no problems.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    When I got into the venue last night there was a lady with a ton of tickets, she said the band didn't use all their tickets so she moved me from Row 14 to Row 2. So that was amazing as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Yes, I downloaded it and there was no problem.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    When I got into the venue last night there was a lady with a ton of tickets, she said the band didn't use all their tickets so she moved me from Row 14 to Row 2. So that was amazing as well.
    This is one of the reasons I tell people not to pay scalpers. There are always tickets that are held until show day - the exact time that they're released varies tour to tour, but generally speaking there will be tickets available day of show if you're not in one of the major markets (NY, LA, etc).