Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    *cough*

I'm behind a hotel firewall that has all the necessary ports closed off, so I can't grab this myself. If anyone else picks this up, I'd be grateful for a direct link.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    *cough*

I'm behind a hotel firewall that has all the necessary ports closed off, so I can't grab this myself. If anyone else picks this up, I'd be grateful for a direct link.

So, what is this? A recording of one of the recent live shows? I don't have an account there and I'm not willing to sign up just to satisfy my curiosity.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    *cough*

Got it. Currently uploading. PM me, everyone!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Yep, full audio boot of the Phoenix gig.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Was the Reno show tonight really the debut of the second new song?? Oh my stars!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Was the Reno show tonight really the debut of the second new song?? Oh my stars!
    According to setlist.fm it says it's called "Hourglass"

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Oh my. I'm a fan.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post

Oh my. I'm a fan.
    Holy smokes, this song is AMAZING!! I need a studio recording of this right now.
    Feathers was "eh" but this just upped the ante by a million and one.

It's rare to fall in love with a song within seconds of hearing it, but this song did that for me.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-15-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Hmm. Sounds very Puscifer-y.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Hmm. Sounds very Puscifer-y.
    I'm curious to know if you (a.) like Puscifer's music and if you (b.) consider this to be a negative or if you were just commenting on the similarity in style. I think I agree with you, but I also consider Puscifer's most recent LP (Money $hot) to be the best overall full-length album from a "band" whose early material I consider to be pretty hit-or-miss. I DO agree that it's a little reminiscent of some of the more recent Puscifer songs, but that's also not really surprising, given that A Perfect Circle's current lineup includes two members (Maynard and Jeff Friedl) and one former member (Matt McJunkins) of Puscifer, so it's almost inevitable.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm curious to know if you (a.) like Puscifer's music and if you (b.) consider this to be a negative or if you were just commenting on the similarity in style. I think I agree with you, but I also consider Puscifer's most recent LP (Money $hot) to be the best overall full-length album from a "band" whose early material I consider to be pretty hit-or-miss. I DO agree that it's a little reminiscent of some of the more recent Puscifer songs, but that's also not really surprising, given that A Perfect Circle's current lineup includes two members (Maynard and Jeff Friedl) and one former member (Matt McJunkins) of Puscifer, so it's almost inevitable.
    I definitely like Puscifer, both old and recent output. There was no criticizing on my part, just an observation.
    The verse instantly reminded me of Dozo, while the chorus goes in vein with latest stuff.

As you said, the similarity isn't unexpected, given the lineup overlap and the presence of the same singer/songwriter. This goes both ways: I believe if MJK decided to make songs like The Weaver or The Arsonist with APC, it would make total sense and no one would ever suspect their Puscifer roots.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Maybe it's the sound quality of the video but this performance of Feathers sounds way tighter than the earliest ones I saw vids of. It sounds incredibly beautiful, and Maynard's voice is just exquisite.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    If we could just transplant that upcoming sold-out Tool concert out of Montreal and swap for these guys and I could get a ticket that would be greeeeeeaaaaaaaaat :P

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    That show was amazing last night. Maybe the best sound quality I've ever heard for a Maynard show and maybe the best I've ever heard him sound. 10/10.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    To everyone who PM'd me: were you guys able to download the Phoenix bootleg from the link I sent you? @gerbil told me he could not.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    To everyone who PM'd me: were you guys able to download the Phoenix bootleg from the link I sent you? @gerbil told me he could not.
    I'll upload it to my Dropbox and send you a link.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Yes, I downloaded it and there was no problem.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @wizfan got mine with no problems.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    When I got into the venue last night there was a lady with a ton of tickets, she said the band didn't use all their tickets so she moved me from Row 14 to Row 2. So that was amazing as well.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    When I got into the venue last night there was a lady with a ton of tickets, she said the band didn't use all their tickets so she moved me from Row 14 to Row 2. So that was amazing as well.
    This is one of the reasons I tell people not to pay scalpers. There are always tickets that are held until show day - the exact time that they're released varies tour to tour, but generally speaking there will be tickets available day of show if you're not in one of the major markets (NY, LA, etc).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Like, holy shit Hourglass sounds incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    @wizfan did you get my PM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    @wizfan did you get my PM?
    I did. All good. Listening to Hourglass now. That Spoiler: robotic voice caught me off-guard. Great song! And Maynard's delivery reminds me a bit of Spoiler: the live version of Puscifer's DoZo.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I agree it gives off the Puscifer vibe, and not in a good way since I'm not much a fan. Good call on it's difficult to separate with the members though. A similar scenario is TR & AR NIN sounding too much like the soundtrack stuff over the past decade or so.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agree with Krazy...it's very Puscifer-esque. Not bad in any way, but Puscifer has always been my least favorite of MJK's endeavors...a few standout tracks here and there, they were fantastic live, but I've always loved APC and Tool waaaaay more and it doesn't really seem fitting with the APC sound. Still, who am I to complain lol.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    My point exactly. He sings the verses of Hourglass in a very similar way to DoZo's:

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Well unfortunately he's been away from APC for so long that the whole Puscifer sound is bound to seep through.

By And Down sounded totally APC to me, but Feathers and Hourglass are way too Puscifery to be released as APC in my
    opinion. I'd rather have eMOTIVe and it be shitty but sound like APC than have something sound like something off Conditions of my Parole and call it APC. Listen to Magdalena or Breņa then listen to Hourglass. It's like trying to put a triangle through a square.

But that's just my crazy opinion.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Well unfortunately he's been away from APC for so long that the whole Puscifer sound is bound to seep through.

By And Down sounded totally APC to me, but Feathers and Hourglass are way too Puscifery to be released as APC in my
    opinion. I'd rather have eMOTIVe and it be shitty but sound like APC than have something sound like something off Conditions of my Parole and call it APC. Listen to Magdalena or Breņa then listen to Hourglass. It's like trying to put a triangle through a square.

But that's just my crazy opinion.
    Nah man you said it perfectly. It's not bad, it just doesn't fit IMO.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Billy in a new interview apparently sees the new album release date as 'November' but concedes that it could be 'spring next year at the latest'.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Billy in a new interview apparently sees the new album release date as 'November' but concedes that it could be 'spring next year at the latest'.
    For those interested, here's the interview mentioned above: http://www.sltrib.com/entertainment/...mes?fullpage=1