Cool I got a second chance to get this.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    lol, oh well.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    What a bunch of assholes.

Release a damn BRD only for ~$25.00 already.

Oh wait- they probably will... in about 6 months when someone wants something "new" from APC. Again.

EDIT: Actually I don't even give a shit anymore since I wasted a $25 iTunes gift card on the Red Rocks vid. It isn't all that good anyways (the video anyways, audio sounds good).
    Last edited by Krazy; 02-03-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I will buy this and never open it.

After further listens...Trifecta SUCKS compared to Stone and Echo. The redrocks performance is soooo much more powerful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This band likes playing tricks.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I will buy this and never open it.

After further listens...Trifecta SUCKS compared to Stone and Echo. The redrocks performance is soooo much more powerful.
    i think it's more the mix than anything — a lot of things are very blatantly corrected (vocals pitched, guitar flubs patched up, etc.) on Stone and Echo that are left alone in Trifecta. in particular, the two versions of the 3 Libras Remix are totally different; the one on S&E is epic and perfect, but the Trifecta one absolutely sucks (they don't even do the gigantic vocal echo part correctly). i highly doubt they only had the problems on the Trifecta nights but somehow forgot most of their human errors just for the Red Rocks show, so i'm sure Sean Beavan just had a really tight deadline to mix Trifecta and couldn't dedicate the hours of corrections like he could for S&E, since it had the big pro video release and the other three are considered box set bonuses.

perhaps the reason everyone is so into Thirteenth Step Live but not the other two is because it has the least fuckups. (i'm just glad Renholdėr came off so clean!)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=seasonsinthesky;165812]i think it's more the mix than anything — a lot of things are very blatantly corrected (vocals pitched, guitar flubs patched up, etc.) on Stone and Echo that are left alone in Trifecta. in particular, the two versions of the 3 Libras Remix are totally different; the one on S&E is epic and perfect, but the Trifecta one absolutely sucks (they don't even do the gigantic vocal echo part correctly). i highly doubt they only had the problems on the Trifecta nights but somehow forgot most of their human errors just for the Red Rocks show, so i'm sure Sean Beavan just had a really tight deadline to mix/QUOTE]

I was at the Red Rocks show- it sounded phenomenal live. I think it's the best concert I've been to from a that perspective.

Whether they were purposely doing something on the fly to make it sound better I don't know.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    For fuck's sake Maynard!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Considering the ordeal this was to get, and that they said it was an exclusive release and released other versions after, i'm never buying an APC thing again. Fuck them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Um, it sold out in a matter of hours and they did damage control by releasing it online. Now they're releasing a stripped-down version of the original collector's box.

Y'all clearly don't have much experience with anthologies and collector's editions.

Re: Stone & Echo vs Trifecta keep in mind that the Trifecta was, what, the fourth time they'd played those in a row? By the time they played Red Rocks they'd had a ton of shows to fine tune the performances and find out what works and what doesn't. Honestly, besides a little extra delay here and there, I don't hear a lot of "patching" or fixing on S&E. Also, you'll note that there are some notable rough spots on S&E.

Trifecta is just lazily or hastily mixed and mastered. Plus they were in smaller venues that are usually harder to get a good sound in without tons of time. But, honestly, it sounds straight out of the soundboard to me.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don't recall this selling out in "hours" (although technically something can sell for 200 days and can equate to "hours").

Since I don't feel leek re-typing something here's copy/paste from my Fourtheye post:

"I think the way they went about it was a fucking cash grab.

First they offer the LE bull shit for $150, and from everything I've read the packaging is garbage. This was meant for their fans (hah!) and were lead to believe this was the only way you were going to get a physical copy of all this stuff. Now they release it with a lower price (although it's still $70.00 for it) minus the autographs, etc. Next thing they're going to do ( probably 6 months down the road) is release physical copies of everything one by one.

IMHO that's done in very poor taste and is a slap in the face to those who didn't want to shell out $150 for that crap to begin with, but fealt that was the only way they were gonna get their hands on this. Also IMO it devalues the LE package.

The right way to do it (see Trent Reznor for suggestions please, APC) is release everything at once in different packages. Collectors are happy, people that want the whole thing but are budget minded are happy, and the casual fan that may only want one of the items (like the DVD) are happy."

They knew exactly what they're doing with this package so yeah, fuck APC.
    Last edited by Krazy; 02-03-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Agree totally with the above post and that's what bugged me about it. I figured this was going to be the only physical release, there's no way I would have got it if I knew about this one. It cost me a tonne to ship it etc and on top of that the damn customs thing which was done incorrectly. Regret buying this at all, I should have pirated it from the start. I just hope it goes up in value a lot to make it worthwhile.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    For the record I don't have a dog in this fight- I didn't buy any of it (outside of using an old iTunes gift card to get the Red Rocks vid). It's just a shitty way to treat your loyal fans. Nothing more, nothing less- and definitely hard to justify sticking up for them regarding this release.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    maynard's played all of you like a fiddle and has made no effort to hide that. repeatedly. he laughs his ass to the bank every time he releases something, down to the t-shirts both (er, all three) bands sell at shows.

live and learn, right? pfft ... as if ...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I doubt Maynard had much involvement at all in the release of this boxset/related items.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    no. he's just a pawn in the crooked, crooked industry ...

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...-james-keenan/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

For serious, though. Look at Led Zeppelin collections or Jethro Tull special editions.

It's literally the same thing over and over again. I get it if you feel ripped off and I get it if you feel betrayed. But this has happened before and it will happen again.

I don't have a dog in this fight, either. I got the digital versions and I'm happy with those.

My only reason for my argument is that I hate to see fans losing out on music and experiences they otherwise enjoy because APC is doing what every other successful band in the history of ever has done.*

*Trent Reznor and a few notable exceptions excepted.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    This thread is so sad sometimes I want to cry.
    I hope Billy and Maynard will make it all worthwhile some day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rip apc 1999-2004

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Rip apc 1999-2004
    They somewhat died to my once Josh Freese left the band. He looks kind of good for that now (although I doubt things would be different had he stayed).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got an email from Amazon this morning that the copy of Stone and Echo:Live at Red Rocks I ordered from them for $47 and change just shipped....

i had had given up on the order but had left it open...can't wait to get it tomorrow...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blugel View Post
    Got an email from Amazon this morning that the copy of Stone and Echo:Live at Red Rocks I ordered from them for $47 and change just shipped....

i had had given up on the order but had left it open...can't wait to get it tomorrow...
    Interesting.... I cancelled mine after reading on the APC Facebook page that it was a scam and being removed from Amazon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    Interesting.... I cancelled mine after reading on the APC Facebook page that it was a scam and being removed from Amazon.
    Yup, its the version going up for sale next Tuesday....nice!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blugel View Post
    Yup, its the version going up for sale next Tuesday....nice!
    Just got the same thing. Comepletely forgot I had even pre-ordered it. So is this the same box-set just without the crappy outer shell box that falls apart and all the photographs and stuff?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Does anyone else have a problem with their copy of S&E pausing between tracks? Mine has like a 2 second pause.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Does anyone else have a problem with their copy of S&E pausing between tracks? Mine has like a 2 second pause.
    The cd or digital? I can't say I ever even took my cds out.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The digital. I got it off Amazon. I can't remember if it ever played straight through... Hm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So am I right in hearing that Passive is somehow connected to Tapeworm?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    So am I right in hearing that Passive is somehow connected to Tapeworm?
    It was originally a song done for the Tapeworm project called "Vacant" that APC covered on the 2001 tour. Much heavier than "Passive". "Passive" was recorded for emotive and is very different than the version of "Vacant" that they played live. "Potions" by Puscifer was also a Tapeworm song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    T. Rez gets a writing credit for Passive in the eMOTIVe liner notes. Just to add.