Page 143 of 263 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 193 243 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 7887

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Time to load the family up in the truck and move to CO, land of hippy pot-eating liberals. Life is so much easier and better when you're surrounded by people just like you.
    i don't want everyone to be just like me.
    i just want health coverage.

And to think, we live 40 or 50 miles south of the CO state line.
    @allegro , i wish we could load the HOUSE up and move it to CO.

We have this huge, wonderful house that my grandfather had built in the sixties and has a lovely art deco flair and bomb shelter basement.
    Neither of the 3 of us can work at this point, and the bills here are paid by the partnership.
    How i wish the house was fifty miles north of here!
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-06-2016 at 04:12 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i don't want everyone to be just like me.
    i just want health coverage.
    Welllll ... you could try to get full disability ... the SSDI includes Medicare coverage (two years after your date of disability).
    Last edited by allegro; 02-06-2016 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Welllll ... you could try to get full disability ... the SSDI includes Medicare coverage (two years after your date of disability).
    i'm going to give it a shot, i never tried to get any benefits for my mental issues even as some of my friends did. But i wanted to take care of myself.
    But now it's physical, and i;m afraid i'm going to HAVE to seek disability. i can't work like this. I can't even SIT for long periods of time, much less stand.
    Time to swallow my pride i suppose. My mom damn sure can't work, and my wife is iffy-i doubt she could be a nurse again at any rate.
    And with the price of oil hitting an all time low, i REALLY need to contribute something to the household.
    The partnership paid more in TAXES for 2014 than it made in 2015

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    fucking hiccups.
    i need to stand on my head when the moon is waxing and drink a glass of water that has been distilled three times in scotland.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    this fucking superbowl fucking up the goddamned city
    I can't walk down the public sidewalks of Market St without going through metal detectors guarded by a cluster of cops holding rifles and multiple rooftop snipers watching me. The only good thing about this is that I can fuck around with my cluster of cellphones while trying to fish for their Stingray (cellphone interception) devices.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    oh and fuck this stupid subpoena that I got from the DA who never picks up is phone.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    After 2 good months, I caught an allergy infection, which was annoying. Then I got antibiotics, which rained hell on my stomach...so I asked to be switched to another which I've had before and it got worse! I stopped taking antibiotics Thursday because I felt better allergy infection wise and couldn't handle the stomach issues but my insides are still a painful overactive demon playground three days in a row now.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-08-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i cannot remove the cheek pads from my new "good weather" helmet. no snaps...so i can't modify it. i will probably end up cutting them out and ruining an expensive item. also wtf is the back snap for? (under the DOT decal) also, what is the quickest way to use "D" rings? to me the quickest way is to not do anything, but i don't want my rider to get pulled over.

i tried to be cool and retro, now i'm lost...
    Last edited by ldopa; 02-09-2016 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Seeing something that makes you laugh really hard...and then also makes you remember someone you really liked who died too young.

Right in the goddamn feels.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The butt funnels behind the back in anger and other shitty bootlegs.

Fuck that shit to the moon and back.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    fucking Tony parente Bologna bastard fuck

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Seeing something that makes you laugh really hard...and then also makes you remember someone you really liked who died too young.

Right in the goddamn feels.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    my water kefir is slimy. and the process to rehabilitate them is...not suitable for lazy people like me.
    damn it.
    #firstworldproblemslesigh

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My good friend has been fighting a rare cancer for the last few years. It's not one with a good remission rate...but he's been going through an even worse hell than usual lately. He has had such a positive attitude throughout, beaten the odds a few times, just fucking fighting it and keeping it stable but now that's starting to fade.
    I'm there for him and have been since the beginning...I'm a goddamn cancer survivor and I don't know what to say. He sent some texts just a few minutes ago and I don't know what to say.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ^ What did the texts say?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Basically he's feeling worse than ever, and he's expecting the worst news from his upcoming scans, specifically mentioning that the life expectancy is 3-5 years and he is at 4.3 years. His attitude has been awesome so if he's talking like this...he might be right. I can't and won't say that.
    My lame response was, "That really sucks but I hope you get better news than you think it'll be. You've been smashing expectations of this fucking thing since the start so I bet this'll be no different."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Basically he's feeling worse than ever, and he's expecting the worst news from his upcoming scans, specifically mentioning that the life expectancy is 3-5 years and he is at 4.3 years. His attitude has been awesome so if he's talking like this...he might be right. I can't and won't say that.
    My lame response was, "That really sucks but I hope you get better news than you think it'll be. You've been smashing expectations of this fucking thing since the start so I bet this'll be no different."
    I think that was a really good response.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    People still shooting other people. I live about a half mile away but was at work just down the street from this. Obviously it was a shit show. But fuck man ... It has been for a minute, but still, shit is out off hand.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/h...vice=phone&c=y

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Thank you @allegro . Supposed to see Deadpool with him tonight. I keep a strong face around him and value the time I have with him.
    Fuck cancer, though. Obviously.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Thank you @allegro . Supposed to see Deadpool with him tonight. I keep a strong face around him and value the time I have with him.
    Fuck cancer, though. Obviously.
    "Miracles" and the power of positive thinking, you never know. My husband works with a guy whose wife has had Stage 4 Ovarian cancer, which has a very bad outcome, but she's been living with it for nearly 3 years, she went on a Vegan diet and has tried all kinds of alternative things in addition to standard treatment and is beating the odds. Cancer really sucks, though. Scary. So are a lot of other diseases that scare the living shit out of me, like ALS, and Alzheimers.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-11-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Former classmate makes ignorant comment on FB status about my OCD. I say I get what they mean but link them to a ton of info about what OCD actually is. Former classmate gets suuuuuuper defensive and says another very ignorant thing.

Me, internally: okay lets fuckin do this

If you're my friend, and you're mean to me, I will let it go where it goes. My response was about 200 "I statements" that made it really clear that I didn't think I deserved that and that they were being mean. You don't get to do "let's be mean to each other" with me. I don't need to salvage this.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 02-12-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Former classmate makes ignorant comment on FB status about my OCD. I say I get what they mean but link them to a ton of info about what OCD actually is. Former classmate gets suuuuuuper defensive and says another very ignorant thing.

Me: okay lets fuckin do this
    What did they get defensive about? Like how?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    "Obviously I'm a moron with an OCD sister and coworker while part of your OCD is still to never be wrong or consider that anyone else may know what they are talking about."

Their original comment was "
    I'm still convinced you shouldn't work in show production unless you're at least mildly OCD" -- they're a roadie. Girl, no.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Is that first part in the quotation marks what you said or what they said?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    All of that is them. I like to take the high road way too much to make a statement like that.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That's pretty dickish of them. On a similar topic, someone pissed me off on a forum the other day. I normally don't get defensive or post anything argumentative on forums, but I had some beers and I don't think it was necessary for them to use the tone they did.

Basically, we're posting about variations of a vinyl record. I like to keep my records sealed, and this person says "pretty sure no one gives a shit about your asphyxiated record collection," to which I replied "pretty sure that was an unnecessary passive aggressive comment. Fuck off."

Was I in the wrong? I don't think so and it pisssd me right the fuck off.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I mean, it's also a forum. No regrets.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I mean, it's also a forum. No regrets.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That's pretty dickish of them. On a similar topic, someone pissed me off on a forum the other day. I normally don't get defensive or post anything argumentative on forums, but I had some beers and I don't think it was necessary for them to use the tone they did.

Basically, we're posting about variations of a vinyl record. I like to keep my records sealed, and this person says "pretty sure no one gives a shit about your asphyxiated record collection," to which I replied "pretty sure that was an unnecessary passive aggressive comment. Fuck off."

Was I in the wrong? I don't think so and it pisssd me right the fuck off.
    i don't think you were in the wrong, but i think you reacted more aggressively than necessary. however, it is a forum on the internet, and sometimes aggression is the only thing that can get a point across properly.

that said, you can talk to me & @sheepdean if you want, but keeping your records sealed can actually be detrimental to them. you should slit the shrink wrap, remove the record from the sleeve, and put it and the sleeve into a plastic protective sleeve. it keeps the grooves from being compressed and the corners from being bent by over-tight shrink wrap, and it keeps you from getting ringwear on the sleeve.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I couldn't decide where to post this, so I settled on here, mainly because I think it would get a better discussion here (and it didn't "piss me off").

Why I couldn't be a parent--Last night during a packed IMAX Deadpool screening, I found myself seated next to a 12-14 year old boy. His mom was next to him.
    This is a movie that's pillar to post graphic violence, language, sex talk, also featuring sex scenes.
    There's ONE scene where they go to a strip club and there are three topless ladies shaking it and this mother makes this poor kid cover his eyes!
    I felt so bad for him. I wanted to lean over and pull his hood down so he could see and say, "Kid, those are boobs. They're pretty great. Hopefully, you'll see some up close in the next 4 years."
    This is a parent who took her son to THIS movie and you're censoring boobs? THAT'S a bridge too far?! Really?!!
    Then again, I was the guy that showed "Deep Rising" to a 4 year old (he loved it)...

Well, it pisses me off, so I'll post that here.
    Violence and bloodshed? Oh yeah, no that's great. These are harmless things that shouldn't faze or bother you and should be construed as normal.
    The human body? OH FUCK NO YOU CAN'T SEE THAT SHAMEFUL SHIT!!!!!!

Get your priorities straight, dipshit parents.