Page 131 of 263 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 181 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,930 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    When people become and irrational and take something as simple as a reply as "I know" about a statement they made as some hugely offensive and disrespect remark. Get the fuck out of here. Sad thing is I have to mend things with this person and shit like "I'm sorry" doesn't cut it.

So fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Haha, that reminds me of a couple of times when I was upset at something someone said, and after explaining why I was upset and why I thought what they said was wrong, I kept getting "I'm sorry I upset you" and my response was "I wish you'd be sorry for what you said" but it was obvious they weren't going back on what they said.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I do that... I will sometimes apologize for upsetting someone, but if I'm not sorry about what I said, I'm not going to apologize for it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I fucking hate the New York Times...its so smug and lost up its own ass in its own deluded confused, contradictory utopia ...it makes me want to puke. Urgh.
    Spending time with its writers sounds like a horrible nightmare.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sinus issues/cold. Had one then the other. Only the last few years my right ear plugs up each time. Probably an infection from my sinuses... Doesn't hurt it's just just annoying.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 11-03-2015 at 02:19 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Looking at bank account, Amazon.de payment 49 €... what have I bought...? NOTHING. It seems I had Prime active and now was time for automatic reneval, but this time for money. But I don't even know what Prime is (some streaming and stuff, I doubt it would work in Slovakia, not interested anyway), when have I activated that? Subscription cancelled, let's see if I get some refund. Go to hell with these tactics. (Edit: It does not help I can't read German very well, but I don't think I am THAT blind... OK, never mind.)

Update 2: from confirmation e-mail (nice feature it contains link for english version, yes I am able to use translators, but this was nice): "Your Amazon Prime membership was cancelled at your request. Since you did not use any of your Prime membership benefits, you will receive a refund of your full membership fee of EUR 49." So, all good. :-)
    Last edited by Substance242; 11-03-2015 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Looking at bank account, Amazon.de payment 49 €... what have I bought...? NOTHING. It seems I had Prime active and now was time for automatic reneval, but this time for money. But I don't even know what Prime is (some streaming and stuff, I doubt it would work in Slovakia, not interested anyway), when have I activated that? Subscription cancelled, let's see if I get some refund. Go to hell with these tactics. (Edit: It does not help I can't read German very well, but I don't think I am THAT blind... OK, never mind.)

Update 2: from confirmation e-mail (nice feature it contains link for english version, yes I am able to use translators, but this was nice): "Your Amazon Prime membership was cancelled at your request. Since you did not use any of your Prime membership benefits, you will receive a refund of your full membership fee of EUR 49." So, all good. :-)
    yeah, i'm not sure how it works anywhere in europe, but in the US, amazon prime gives you access to a streaming music library, a streaming video library (including amazon's original content like Orphan Black), and free two-day shipping on anything that's prime-eligible. my wife and i have it because we watch everything online AND we order a ton of stuff from amazon.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    snow. it's here and there's a lot of it. yuck, man.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Trying to get fantasy football trades done...pain in the ass.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    A med I need to live stopped working recently so I started a different one and I think it's fucking me up. Why am I such a goddamn lightning rod for side effects?!
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-04-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    A med I need to live stopped working recently so I started a different one and I think it's fucking me up. Why am I such a goddamn lightening rod for side effects?!
    How does a medicine just stop working randomly? Human biology is weird af

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    everyone on meds is a pillar of side affects nowadays. pill x gives you acid reflux and makes you dizzy? here's pill y and z!!!
    $$$CHA-CHING!!!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That's certainly true but if I stopped taking this thing my body doesn't make, I would die.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    did your body become adjusted? or your body rejected it? how long have you been on this med? is it new and you're a test subject? you're slightly cryptic, which is fine (your business is yours,) but it's apparent that you're on something which indicates immounosuppression or hormones. though the body produces a million chemicals, i could be wrong.

what are the side affects?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    He was just saying what "pisses him off" (in the "pisses me off" thread). I don't think he is asking for advice, though?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    How does a medicine just stop working randomly? Human biology is weird af
    Tolerance, and the immune system.

Also, severity of illness. Most illnesses "flare up" and can break through the drugs. Or just worsen generally, negating a drug's use.
    Last edited by DF118; 11-05-2015 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Modern day parents and their refusal to discipline their children.

If your child is screaming at the top of their lungs and throws a fit in the middle of a public place, your job isn't to ignore them or politely ask them to be quiet. Your job is to teach them how to behave in public, and if that means dragging them out of the store, spanking them, grounding them, (hell, even time out works), or taking something away like television or something else they enjoy, then so be it. You are legally required to mold that little shit into a respectable member of society for the first eighteen years of their life. No one wants to hear your offspring get louder and more belligerent by the second because they can't have a candy bar while waiting in line at the grocery store. Doing nothing or addressing the child like he's a rational human being who isn't shouting at the top of their lungs makes you an idiot and a piss poor parent.

The fact this passive behavior is common place now with this new batch of parents with babies, toddlers, and kids, even teenagers, is sickening.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    He was just saying what "pisses him off" (in the "pisses me off" thread). I don't think he is asking for advice, though?
    yeah you're right. i'm hella nosy.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    I fucking hate the New York Times...its so smug and lost up its own ass in its own deluded confused, contradictory utopia ...it makes me want to puke. Urgh.
    Spending time with its writers sounds like a horrible nightmare.
    Particular article making you spit venom?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    stupid ass, ridiculous internet drama. it infuriates both me and my wife.

it's easy to run your mouth i guess.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-06-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    bocarrhea?

a mix of spanish and latin! (or is it greek?)

internet drama really is sub human shit. funny thing: if it's easy to run your mouth in an anon fashion, it should be easy to own up to your vitriol, but somehow that's never the case. so fuck them.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    how about this ?

Facebook created an account under my wife's maiden name and added a bunch of friends from here REAL account.

It didn't send us friend requests....it just did it automatically.

It spits out advertising in broken english and you can't unfriend it.

And facebook is so massive that, even though we flag it every day, they don't do anything about it.

How's THAT one for subhuman , @Idopa . It's robotic!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    uhhhhhh.... that sounds really bizarre. Can you link to this fabricated account?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    uhhhhhh.... that sounds really bizarre. Can you link to this fabricated account?
    it appears to be gone now, thank god.

we had never seen anything like it, but it HAD to have been some kind of advertising bot thing.

i've never heard of anything like it.

It just appeared one day, and we both got notifications saying that IT had accepted friend requests from US.u
    And the same thing happened to about 20 of our other friends.

Like i said, you couldn't unfriend it.

I'm REALLY happy that facebook actually did something about it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegro; 11-07-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    this one was even trickier @allegro , because it added us AUTOMATICALLY. there WERE no real friend requests.

For instance, i got a notification that Florien Hamsnack had accepted MY friend request. Of course, i had never sent a friend request.
    So it was even more insidious!

Thank you for finding that info

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    this one was even trickier @allegro , because it added us AUTOMATICALLY. there WERE no real friend requests.

For instance, i got a notification that Florien Hamsnack had accepted MY friend request. Of course, i had never sent a friend request.
    So it was even more insidious!

Thank you for finding that info
    Ends up that is not hard, either. Apps can send out friend requests on your behalf; in fact, a rogue app could have started the whole thing.

https://m.facebook.com/help/communit...05510140662332
    Last edited by allegro; 11-08-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ends up that is not hard, either. Apps can send out friend requests on your behalf; in fact, a rogue app could have started the whole thing.

https://m.facebook.com/help/communit...05510140662332
    You never cease to amaze me. I promise i won't call you sherlock homes though

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You never cease to amaze me. I promise i won't call you sherlock homes though
    Dude, this is why I hate Facebook. It's a cesspool, you have to be REALLY careful to lock down everything in Security, don't allow any tagging, don't install any apps, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-08-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Dude, this is why I hate Facebook. It's a cesspool, you have to be REALLY careful to lock down everything in Security, don't allow any tagging, don't install any apps, etc.
    See it makes sense now.
    My wife plays a lot of those facebook games to try to stimulate her mind ever since it got fucked off from the meningitis.
    And so she has installed a LOT of them.
    That's probably exactly how this happened. Luckily, enough of us flagged it to get it taken down.