Page 7 of 263 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    my gripe is with people who try to push their way onto the train before people have finished getting off it
    Same thing with any kind of public transport.

Also: smokers who drop their cigarette butts on the road under the bus wheels as they enter. Brilliant idea, of course no one will see them under the bus that's just about to leave.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    just when I get round to deciding to go to Reading to see NIN, I remember I had a ticketmaster gift card from a while ago to use, but I've not used it as I've had a baby in the meantime - turns out there is a bloody expiry date and I can't use it - the expiry date stuff is in tiny tiny print on the back of the card (where you can't see it if you've left it on the card it came with) - I hate ticketmaster - they're complete bastards

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ticketmaster - they're complete bastards
    I'm pretty sure that's their slogan... Clear Channel can go piss up a rope, too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    On this day, April 23rd of 2013...IT'S SNOWING.

WHAT THE-

WHY.

I want my sunshine back!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The little things that piss you off

The weather here is rain with a shit load of hot as a motherfucker. Be grateful.

I swear, I feel like I am a northerner born in the south.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

WHAT THE-

WHY.

I want my sunshine back!
    My first year here, it snowed on Mother's Day. I wondered what the hell I had done.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Rode over a pool of paint with my bike today. I was way too fast to avoid it and of course it still had to be wet. Go yellow, go!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm losing more hair. Was evident last night when I ran my hand through it a couple of times. I didn't think this would happen but I guess I'm more like every other cancer patient now. More "part of the club".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's not that I'm being passed over for promotion, it's that the person they've chosen instead barely pulls her own weight and went out of her way to whine when I was given extra responsibilities last year. I can't be happy for her because she was never frigging happy for me -_-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    when people get overly angry or overreact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There are a german commercial that is the worst - called ''Seitenbacher Müsli''.
    With swabian dialect. Every time that one runs on the radio I could chuck up.
    Last edited by stefler; 04-26-2013 at 03:55 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So...my brother was nice enough to lend me his Xbox 360 "indefinitely"...including a bunch of games I've been wanting to try, like "Red Dead Redemption" and "Skyrim."

So he tells me, dude, connecting it is easy, just plug in the HDMI cable. I get home after being out all day, looking forward to trying the thing out...and the HDMI cable doesn't fit anywhere on here. There's no connection for it. Which makes no sense, I know. I KNOW that makes no sense, but God as my witness, I have a standard HDMI cable that I used on my Blu-ray player and it does not fit anything on this thing. I tried for 20 minutes to make sense of it but it doesn't work.

So I try to connect it another way. Doesn't work. I give up and walk away for the night. Except then ten minutes later I'm trying AGAIN, this time turning my entire damn TV around to see if I can connect the cables right. I then hit the power button...and get the red ring of death.

I give up.

Edit: My brother just called me. It's probably not the red ring of death. And it doesn't have an HDMI connection. And I still haven't figured out how to connect this thing but at least I know I didn't ruin it. ha!
    Last edited by theruiner; 04-26-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post

WHAT THE-

WHY.

I want my sunshine back!
    Oddly enough, alrea, we would have LIKED some snow down here in the tx panhandle. they are praying for rain...literally, at the churches around this neck of the gloom. The only storms we seem to get are fucking dust storms.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    So...my brother was nice enough to lend me his Xbox 360 "indefinitely"...including a bunch of games I've been wanting to try, like "Red Dead Redemption" and "Skyrim."

So he tells me, dude, connecting it is easy, just plug in the HDMI cable. I get home after being out all day, looking forward to trying the thing out...and the HDMI cable doesn't fit anywhere on here. There's no connection for it. Which makes no sense, I know. I KNOW that makes no sense, but God as my witness, I have a standard HDMI cable that I used on my Blu-ray player and it does not fit anything on this thing. I tried for 20 minutes to make sense of it but it doesn't work.

So I try to connect it another way. Doesn't work. I give up and walk away for the night. Except then ten minutes later I'm trying AGAIN, this time turning my entire damn TV around to see if I can connect the cables right. I then hit the power button...and get the red ring of death.

I give up.

Edit: My brother just called me. It's probably not the red ring of death. And it doesn't have an HDMI connection. And I still haven't figured out how to connect this thing but at least I know I didn't ruin it. ha!
    Things used to be easier...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    They made an Xbox 360 without an HDMI port?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Apparently so. Which kind of blows me away, but he said that he got it right after it came out and apparently some (though I'm sure not all) of the early, early models didn't have an HDMI connection. I can attest to it.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    when people look at my piercings and ask "does that hurt?"
    I don't mind questions about my piercings (1" lobes, 6 gauge conches and 6 gauge septum.) In fact, it pisses me off when other pierced up folk throw fits for looks and questions...what the fuck did they expect?
    but "does that hurt" is confusing to me. are they asking if it hurts right then, and if so, why? Do they have hydrocodone or something for me?
    And if they're asking if it hurt to get and stretch the piercings, well...think about it. of course it hurts! most wounds tend to hurt.
    and while i'm on the subject, what pisses me off most of all is when people claim that their ridiculously painful piercings, (septum, conches...) "Didn't hurt at all, brah!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    and while i'm on the subject, what pisses me off most of all is when people claim that their ridiculously painful piercings, (septum, conches...) "Didn't hurt at all, brah!"
    But septum piercings (at least at a standard gauge) generally don't hurt :P There is that pinch and the eye-watering moment but it's just the same sensation as picking your nose a bit too hard, really.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    But septum piercings (at least at a standard gauge) generally don't hurt :P There is that pinch and the eye-watering moment but it's just the same sensation as picking your nose a bit too hard, really.
    good god, hula...mine fucking HURT! and the stretches hurt SOOOOOOOO bad! maybe my piercing is higher up than some others? i don't know...i would get the little crusties on my retainer and moving it would just about make me scream. and stretching it myself, as i've been doing recently, has hurt SO bad. i THINK it hurts worse than my conches...is yours pierced?

Edit: full disclosure...i got my septum pierced at 17, and i'm 33 so my memory may be a bit foggy. but these stretches are pretty intense!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Cyclists on the sidewalk.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Cyclists on the sidewalk.
    This. So annoying. Unless there's no other option for them, like, say, when there's a lot of traffic. But then again, maybe they shouldn't cycle at all if that was the case.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    I'm losing more hair. Was evident last night when I ran my hand through it a couple of times. I didn't think this would happen but I guess I'm more like every other cancer patient now. More "part of the club".
    Men can carry bald. Women, not so much. Embrace it dude !

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

At least your hair will grow back after you're done with chemo. I just hope you're not having those other REALLY AWFUL side effects ugh! Hair loss is the least awful. But being alive and bald is better than the alternative, I'm pulling for ya!!!! Cancer sucks!!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 04-29-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I was reading a book about WWII, "All Hell Let Loose" by Max Hastings. I was halfway through. I left it at my parents' place earlier today. It's a 3hr ferry ride away. Sad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Shave it and go from "balding man" to "sexeh man"

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    My fiancee had chemo and lost all her hair, so i feel for you man. She was still beautiful without the hair! I'm with icklekitty on this one. Also, i'm gonna be right there with you before long. I keep my hair pretty damn long, man...i only cut it every five years or so. I love my hair! I guess i'm gonna, one day, adopt the Billy Corgan look.
    Chemo's a motherfucker, man. My heart goes out to you.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I know it's probably not much comfort to you but I really dig bald men. It's very sexy.

But it's the reason why you're losing your hair that sucks big time. I know it's hard but try to see it in a more positive way: every hair you lose is a bit of the cancer going away. Your hair will grow back but the fucking cancer will DIE IN A GODDAMN FIRE. Fuck you cancer, fuck you very much.

Hang in there my friend; you will beat this thing. *hugs*

As for what is pissing me up today: I was out shopping with my mom (she has trouble walking so I'm going shopping for her) and each time I got out of the car, she told me to look out for cars before crossing the streets.

Mom, I hate to break it to you but I'm 45; not 5.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Haaa they NEVER stop doing that!! My mom still tells me all the wrong ways I'm doing laundry, driving, cooking, I have learned to ignore her

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Haaa they NEVER stop doing that!! My mom still tells me all the wrong ways I'm doing laundry, driving, cooking, I have learned to ignore her
    I got you all beat: my mom still tells me to not talk on the cordless or mobile phone too long or stand in front of the microwave. /win

My little thing: sitting on the sidelines....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    my meathead roomate let my cat outside for the third time this week, and now she has been missing for the past 24 hrs. She does go outside (supervised) and if she gets out of the yard she is usually back in an hour or two, so now I'm starting to worry

with all the road construction and new houses being built on my road there are tons of dumpsters, holes, and rubble piles that she could be trapped in not to mention the wildlife and evil neighbors...

update: cat is home safe and mostly sound. going to x-ray her hips at work today just in case, she seems painful and is reluctant to jump. gave her some leftover buprenorphine from a previous incident and she is much more comfortable for the moment.
    Last edited by millionmilesaway; 05-01-2013 at 08:16 AM.