Page 58 of 263 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I was just there last Wednesday. It's one of those three things. Probably.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That was a week ago.

PLZ GO AGAIN

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If anyone here on Facebook follows NIN-ARMY you might remember they did that question submission contest for Trent and Josh Homme earlier in the year.

Apparently, having not gotten any notifications or email notices, won the second place prize of a signed poster. I just now am finding this out and I'm pretty sure there's no way I can obtain it now.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    @kleiner352 Bummer!!!

First world problems: Can't find one of my ear pieces for my ear buds. My battery life on my iPhone sucks hard. I have to charge it at least 2-3 times a day. When does iPhone 6 come out?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    @kleiner352 Bummer!!!

First world problems: Can't find one of my ear pieces for my ear buds. My battery life on my iPhone sucks hard. I have to charge it at least 2-3 times a day. When does iPhone 6 come out?
    It's all good, I'm actually getting it! Thanks @sheepdean for being so awesome and helping me out.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    My brother frantically calls me this morning at like 5:00. He was at a park with his friends, in a cabin, SLEEPING. Someone called the cops because another cabin was being rowdy. They accidentally went to my brother's cabin. The cops then spotted alcohol, and gave them all MIP. Ugh. What the fuck happened to the days when the cops were like... "Everyone needs to leave, and if we have to come back, you're going to be in trouble"? Especially since they were goddamn sleeping.

Poor kid. My dad will probably be a little irritated, but my brother's mom will mostly likely LOSE HER SHIT.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 07-24-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    False, misleading or unrelated thumbnails on YouTube videos. Too many annotations on YouTube videos.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So I get this LOVELY letter from Department of Child Support saying that my current child support will not change. What that means is that I'm gonna continue to get nothing from my ex husband, literally. He pays me ZERO dollars and ZERO cents in child support. Hooray fucking hooray.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Ummmm... How?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I have no fucking idea. He has a job but barely works at it. Still, he is not legally obligated to contribute financially to the welfare of his child. State of California and the Department of Child Support Services, you're awesome like that.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    There's nothing you can do to fight it or anything? That seems fucked.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I have no fucking idea. He has a job but barely works at it. Still, he is not legally obligated to contribute financially to the welfare of his child. State of California and the Department of Child Support Services, you're awesome like that.
    He's legally obligated. but deliberately hardly making hardly any money? You need a better lawyer.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-27-2014 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    When no matter how much I try to be glamour I always fail.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Dealing with my siblings, that is all.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    @Sarah K and @tony.parente are prime examples of why this place is turning into shit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    The Age Of Digital Photography

First of all I'm not going to piss on the technology of digital photography. I personally think it's astounding in both quality and versatility. I also am in a business that builds parts that enable such technology. For me, it's the way society has "embraced it" that has me a bit put off. I'm also writing this based on last night's experience on date night with my partner and I which still has me a bit steamed.
    After a nice little dinner we walked it off down at the lake waterfront and marina. The place has a nice little boardwalk and can get a bit crowded with tourists this time of year but that usually doesn't detract from the experience. It was sunset over the lake and the view, like almost any other night there, is gorgeous. The two of us really loved it. But what blew us away was how 90% of everyone out there on the boardwalk we either looking at the sunset through their phone lenses or setting up digital SLR shots (some people had actual tripods) for groups. I was wondering how many of these people were actually enjoying the experience for what it was and not how it was going to look on some social media site. I'm also blown away by how much of this I see at concerts. Phones up in the air and me wondering "is anyone actually watching the show through their own eyes?"
    The best part came when the two of us found a nice spot to look out from which was apart from the snap happy tourists when we were interrupted by a woman in a straw hat with an SLR strung around her neck asking "could we possibly get a photo here without you two in it?". She apparently was trying to photograph a group who had shown up next to us to pose in front of the sunset. I responded jokingly (and slightly serious) that I was looking for ways to photo bomb them but we reluctantly moved anyhow.
    So what I've come to realize is that photography in the digital age means just about ANYONE with a phone or a few spare bucks carries something that they feel they need to use to capture photos at just about every special moment. Sure, convenience is nice, but I recall photography being something of a hobby for some people and you'd see a couple of those folks here or there catching shots, not every single joe-tourist out on the town. On top of that, add the entitlement of people to "choose how the shot is done" while invading the freedoms of others to just enjoy themselves without having to be told to "please move out of our shot". Then I ask myself how many of these photos are actually going to be recalled as something nice as a memory to look back on or just another "Like" catcher on Facebook to say "hey we were here, isn't that awesome?" and then forgotten within a week. Maybe I'm an old fogey but good lord..
    /rant
    It seems that for most people it's not important to experience things, but to be seen experiencing things by others.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oy.

So I was wondering why all of a sudden every time I stand up after sitting or laying down for a few minutes I would get extremely light headed and lose my vision for a few seconds (seriously). Turns out my testosterone blocker (which is also a diuretic) is causing my blood pressure to go too low. Ugh. I just stopped it cold turkey until I can call my doctor on Monday. I'm not taking any chances.

The thing is, it bothers me because, even though logically I know it's only for a few days and my T is probably not going to come surging back in that time (and even if it did, it wouldn't make any difference for such a short amount of time) I still don't like the idea of my T levels going up. But the risk of fainting and even possibly dying is not worth it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Me and my friend's friendship is pretty much over. I'm tired of her controlling me and constantly begging me to do things I shouldn't have to do and don't always want to do. Like, she'd show up to my house (sometimes uninvited) then beg me to make her coffee, make her something to eat or even both. She'd beg me until I either gave in or said no. If I said no, she'd call me an asshole and made me feel guilty until I gave in. Whenever I called her out on this behavior, she'd apologize and say she'd never do it again. But it always ended up a lie. She'd go right back to doing the same thing, and I'd bite my tongue until it became annoying again.

It seems our friendship was always one sided. When she'd come over, all she'd do was get on my pc, browse facebook and listen to music. She'd only really converse with me when she'd go out for a cigarette or was drunk. All we ever did was what she wanted to do. Anytime I ever came up with an idea, she'd shoot it down.

Even when we'd have sex, it was when she wanted to. At first, things were fine, but then, she'd end up feeling me up and beg me until I gave in when I wasn't in the mood. When I'd ask if she wanted to have sex, she'd say no and that was that.

Today, things exploded. I've just had my fill of feeling like a servant and having all my time kidnapped by someone who doesn't seem that appreciative of me. Whenever I told her how I felt, she denied everything and proceeded to ignore me. Then, she decided to leave without actually trying to talk to me and understand.

I'm exhausted, unhappy and alone. I don't need this kind of shit to make me feel bad when I naturally feel bad because of depression.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Me and my friend's friendship is pretty much over. I'm tired of her controlling me and constantly begging me to do things I shouldn't have to do and don't always want to do. Like, she'd show up to my house (sometimes uninvited) then beg me to make her coffee, make her something to eat or even both. She'd beg me until I either gave in or said no. If I said no, she'd call me an asshole and made me feel guilty until I gave in. Whenever I called her out on this behavior, she'd apologize and say she'd never do it again. But it always ended up a lie. She'd go right back to doing the same thing, and I'd bite my tongue until it became annoying again.

It seems our friendship was always one sided. When she'd come over, all she'd do was get on my pc, browse facebook and listen to music. She'd only really converse with me when she'd go out for a cigarette or was drunk. All we ever did was what she wanted to do. Anytime I ever came up with an idea, she'd shoot it down.

Even when we'd have sex, it was when she wanted to. At first, things were fine, but then, she'd end up feeling me up and beg me until I gave in when I wasn't in the mood. When I'd ask if she wanted to have sex, she'd say no and that was that.

Today, things exploded. I've just had my fill of feeling like a servant and having all my time kidnapped by someone who doesn't seem that appreciative of me. Whenever I told her how I felt, she denied everything and proceeded to ignore me. Then, she decided to leave without actually trying to talk to me and understand.

I'm exhausted, unhappy and alone. I don't need this kind of shit to make me feel bad when I naturally feel bad because of depression.
    Yeah, you don't need that shit especially if you are not in a relationship.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post

that sounds like a pretty good summary of the abusive relationship i was in for four years, except she LIVED with me (and never paid rent or bills except literally once).

do not, under any circumstances, let her back into your life. even if you think she has changed, even if she really seems like she has changed; manipulative people like that DO NOT CHANGE.

stay strong, my friend.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    bikers who don't obey the rules of the road that actually make sense for bikers to obey.

i don't stop at every stop sign, because that would be a horrible pain in the ass. i do, however, always slow down, and always try to go through the intersection at the same time as a parallel car so that i know i'll be safe and i'm not in anyone's way.
    but i NEVER go through a red light. yeah, stopping sucks, but so does getting hit by a car or running into a pedestrian. it also gives drivers even more of a reason to hate all the bikers on the road, even those of us who are good riders and don't fuck around.
    the number of irresponsible bikers on the road may not outweigh the responsible ones, but they're the bikers that drives notice, and they're the ones that fuel the fires.

on friday, i had to pass the same guy 7 times because i was riding considerably faster than him, but i stopped at every red light, and he stopped at NONE of them.
    today, the same thing happened with a different guy. it's maddening. i shouldn't have to pass you over and over when i'm riding faster but you're running lights. it's just dumb. you're obviously not getting anywhere quicker than me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Left hand twitching after weed whacking the backyard. Fuck neuropathy.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Friend just offered me 4 free tickets for the Steelers preseason game... While I'll be in Nebraska.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Can't find a torrent for Sharknado 2.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    ^Give it another day or so

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Already being filled with anxiety when the fire alarm goes off right after taking a shit. I learned today that tiny sundries are worth more than actively saving my life.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    "7 individually wrapped cakes" in a 2x4 box.

What purpose can that possibly have other than selling 7 cakes in a box that looks like it holds 8?

Marketing people should be strangled at birth, but I'll settle for a firing squad at dawn.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I work overnights at a NOC and I go into work every night at 11pm. I get 3 miles from work and there's a simple lane closure where they were merging traffic from two lanes down to one. It took me 45 minutes to drive 3 miles. What the fuck.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I work overnights at a NOC and I go into work every night at 11pm. I get 3 miles from work and there's a simple lane closure where they were merging traffic from two lanes down to one. It took me 45 minutes to drive 3 miles. What the fuck.
    that was a facepalm of empathy.
    Is there no light rail in SL?

Well, here's mine...i got pulled over by this asshole cop because my "music was too loud."
    I think that the REAL reason he pulled me over is that he knows i don't have a valid driver's license.

Anyway i wound up with the no DL ticket as well as a fucking LITTERING ticket because he saw me drop a cig out the window.

I don't have the money to pay for this bullshit, so i guess i'm going back to jail.
    Sigh.