Page 168 of 263 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 7888

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    My dog is afraid of firecrackers and fireworks and taking him for a walk is hard task around Christmas and new year days, especially after dark. Every time we were one going off, he starts pulling me home instead of doing his business.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    The first time i realized i was going to be all alone on xmas day, i got a half gallon of whiskey.
    And on Christmas morning, i woke up and sat on the kitchen floor, drinking that whiskey, naked.

After that i didn't let lonely holidays get me down anymore. :P

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Holidays in the midwest: a big pile of shit. There's nobody here, nothing to do, everything's shut.
    Good thing we spent a week in NYC: I wish it had been two.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Sheets and blankets in the dryer that always clump up like a burrito.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Sheets and blankets in the dryer that always clump up like a burrito.
    And there's always those few articles in the middle that are not dry. Fuck.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Trying to catch up on texts, emails, messages, etc after being sick for a week and a half and not responding to anyone.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    so close. maybe next time, huh??????
    ffs. enough, man.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    so close. maybe next time, huh??????
    ffs. enough, man.
    ...wut? have no idea what you're talkin' bout, love.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Holidays in the midwest: a big pile of shit. There's nobody here, nothing to do, everything's shut.
    Good thing we spent a week in NYC: I wish it had been two.
    WE CAN SWAP NEXT YEAR. You come to NYC, and I will go to the midwest! I hate the holidays here.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...wut? have no idea what you're talkin' bout, love.
    lololol,
    pissing bitching and moaning about a "so close, so far" situation yesterday.

you never piss me off, eversonpoe. (which is mightily impressive, really, since i am easily pissed off. rofl)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    People who get on the freeway at 35MPH when everybody on the freeway is doing 80

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    People who get on the freeway at 35MPH when everybody on the freeway is doing 80
    alternately, people who are going 80mph in the right lane right by an entrance ramp; if you want to go that fast, make sure you're in the left lane (i'm a fast driver but if i'm in the right lane, i NEVER go that fast near an entrance ramp).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There's a guy I work with who is being groomed to be a school administrator (assistant principal) yet doesn't have the requisite 3 years of teaching experience to be an administrator. Instead of, you know, actually teaching and gaining the requisite experience, he's served as our school site's "Dean of Discipline" for the past two and a half years. All this entails is doing the administrative paperwork for discipline that our actual school administrators don't want to do. This guy gets constant mentions for his sacrifices to the school in our principal's weekly email bulletins. This guy is listed as the teacher of record on students' transcripts for SAT Prep yet doesn't teach the class. He. Hasn't. Ever. Taught. A. Day. Of. The. Course.

Total "good ol' boy", rage inducing bullshit. Furthermore, this guy is a devoted Trump supporter and complains openly on social media about "entitlement attitudes". You want to talk about entitlement?! The fuck you think your position is?!

/rant

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    One thing that pisses me off, is when a person wants to change history by turning someone asking a simple question into a "witch hunt", and everyone just blindly goes along with it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    One thing that pisses me off, is when a person wants to change history by turning someone asking a simple question into a "witch hunt", and everyone just blindly goes along with it.
    Friendly advice?

What pisses me off: I still can't find that stupid GBA cartridge. And of course, it's the only game I want to play.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I am building (more like "paying") a house, should be ready last September, still not finished, for example water not connected yet (and I will have to move in this weekend it seems). Heating using electricity, for that I would need something like "dual rate" - and I still don't have that, so I am fucking worried how much this winter will cost me - and of course it is unusually cold, right when I fucking don't need it to be. So because everybody is so fucking slow and unprofessional, I will pay god knows how much for the electricity, and also thanks to fucking weather that water can not be connected now. And I just went with some documents to our electric company, only to find out I have to go to another part of the same company ("distribution") for that, and they will have another 30 days to answer. I am tired of this shit, fuck adulthood, I do not want this.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    I am building (more like "paying") a house, should be ready last September, still not finished, for example water not connected yet (and I will have to move in this weekend it seems). Heating using electricity, for that I would need something like "dual rate" - and I still don't have that, so I am fucking worried how much this winter will cost me - and of course it is unusually cold, right when I fucking don't need it to be. So because everybody is so fucking slow and unprofessional, I will pay god knows how much for the electricity, and also thanks to fucking weather that water can not be connected now. And I just went with some documents to our electric company, only to find out I have to go to another part of the same company ("distribution") for that, and they will have another 30 days to answer. I am tired of this shit, fuck adulthood, I do not want this.
    Why couldn't you get gas connected instead of elec?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Why couldn't you get gas connected instead of elec?
    Not available. It's beautiful village without things like gas or internet. :-) Gonna read a lot and record music and have a dog, yeah. :-)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I think it's inherently unethical to create a new child when there is a staggering number of (at least 17 million) children without parents in the world.

The only reasons for procreating instead of adopting are selfish - e.g. wanting a child that has your genes specifically, which is completely arbitrary. At least, I've never heard a compelling ethical argument for it. People want to pass on their name. People want to pass on their genes. People want a tiny little person who is a mix of them and their partner, because omg how cute and interesting! It's so nauseatingly selfish and egotistical.

Don't get me started on fucks who have unplanned children they don't have the means to support on at least the most minimal financial or social level. If you keep an unplanned child while you're living paycheck to paycheck, you're a scumbag. Or the people who refuse to terminate a pregnancy when they know the child will most likely be born deformed, struck with a condition like autism, or a victim of any other debilitating defect. These things cause a child pain, potentially for the rest of their life, because the parent is too prideful or too ignorant or too stubborn to try over. But again, all of this can be avoided by adopting a child who already exists in a tragic situation that you can save them from. But no, they don't have your DNA so therefore they're not good enough.

Sickening.

I'm not a fan of children as a concept (or parents, really) but I think if you're going to have one, the truly morally 'good' way to go about it would be to give the gift of a home and a family to a child who is currently living without either, and will potentially continue living without one forever.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    ^ I agree with many of your points. The part I would point to as being the biggest flaw is that third paragraph.

I'm not sure where you live, but here in the United States, access to safe abortions has been absolutely destroyed in the last few years. There are so many arbitrary laws and restrictions being put into place that severely limit access to abortion to a LARGE part of the population. There are people who must travel hundreds of miles and cross state lines to get access to the medical care that they need. And if they are living paycheck to paycheck, don't have access to a vehicle, etc... That is just simply not possible.

Frightening fucking times we are living in.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think it's easy to say all that, but just because those children are out there doesn't mean you can just go scoop one up. In many cases there is quite a bit of travel involved. Also, just because someone is living paycheck-to-paycheck doesn't mean they can't foster a nurturing and healthy environment for a child that will eventually grow up and be a productive member of society.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    ^ I agree with many of your points. The part I would point to as being the biggest flaw is that third paragraph.

I'm not sure where you live, but here in the United States, access to safe abortions has been absolutely destroyed in the last few years. There are so many arbitrary laws and restrictions being put into place that severely limit access to abortion to a LARGE part of the population. There are people who must travel hundreds of miles and cross state lines to get access to the medical care that they need. And if they are living paycheck to paycheck, don't have access to a vehicle, etc... That is just simply not possible.

I agree with you in thinking that abortion is an embarrassingly difficult to access medical procedure. It needs to be orders of magnitude more accessible.

With that being said, there are still ways to not get pregnant. Even discounting abortion, we have some pretty effective birth control methods these days. That would solve the 'unwanted pregnancy when you're living paycheck to paycheck' thing. But regarding the 'keeping a pregnancy when you know the child will be born with something very wrong' issue, well... Abortions aren't the easiest thing to get everywhere in the country, they are still not impossible. In a scenario like this (certainty that the child will be born with issues,) terminating the pregnancy should be the absolutely number one priority in your life. If you are in a bad enough position that you can't afford or access an abortion, that is all the more reason to find a way. Beg, borrow, cheat, or steal. That would be a really, really, really fucked up situation into which a child could be born. If you can't afford an abortion, you can't afford to raise a kid. Period. So you really have to figure it the heck out, because one of those options is a looooot cheaper and easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I think it's easy to say all that, but just because those children are out there doesn't mean you can just go scoop one up. In many cases there is quite a bit of travel involved.
    Yeah, so? A bit of travel? Really? Man, what a huge ordeal!

If you can't handle the paperwork or the bit of travel, you are in no position to have a child. This is another one of my points. Having a child involves a level of seriousness that's impossible to overstate. And yet it's treated like no fucking big deal, it's treated like getting a puppy. So if you're in a position for which adopting would be difficult due to money/paperwork/travel/waiting, then you are not ready for a child period.

Also, just because someone is living paycheck-to-paycheck doesn't mean they can't foster a nurturing and healthy environment for a child that will eventually grow up and be a productive member of society.
    Yes. It. Does.

Unless you can describe one to me, I cannot think of a single scenario in which it would not be wildly inappropriate, irresponsible, and cruel for somebody to have a child while living paycheck to paycheck. I don't think it's literally possible for an environment to be healthy and nurturing for a child when the parent(s) are living paycheck to paycheck. The ideas are mutually exclusive by design.

As a society, we really need to come together with an acceptable minimum life situation that you need to be at before you have a child. Because as it stands now, that minimum seems to be: 'be alive.' I see people I know who are unemployed. Their 10 year elder boyfriend of 3 months has a paycheck to paycheck minimum wage job for 32 hours a week. They live with one of their parents. They have no car. They're on food stamps. But they post on Facebook that they're expecting and what do all the comment say? Well, "Congratulations! OMG!" of course. This shit is unacceptable. People need to be taught that this is NOT OKAY. We encourage this type of shit as a society. We view having children as an accomplishment, a life goal, a reason to be celebrated.

It has lost every bit of seriousness it deserves to be treated with.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I agree with you in thinking that abortion is an embarrassingly difficult to access medical procedure. It needs to be orders of magnitude more accessible.

With that being said, there are still ways to not get pregnant. Even discounting abortion, we have some pretty effective birth control methods these days. That would solve the 'unwanted pregnancy when you're living paycheck to paycheck' thing. But regarding the 'keeping a pregnancy when you know the child will be born with something very wrong' issue, well... Abortions aren't the easiest thing to get everywhere in the country, they are still not impossible. In a scenario like this (certainty that the child will be born with issues,) terminating the pregnancy should be the absolutely number one priority in your life. If you are in a bad enough position that you can't afford or access an abortion, that is all the more reason to find a way. Beg, borrow, cheat, or steal. That would be a really, really, really fucked up situation into which a child could be born. If you can't afford an abortion, you can't afford to raise a kid. Period. So you really have to figure it the heck out, because one of those options is a looooot cheaper and easier.

Yeah, so? A bit of travel? Really? Man, what a huge ordeal!

If you can't handle the paperwork or the bit of travel, you are in no position to have a child. This is another one of my points. Having a child involves a level of seriousness that's impossible to overstate. And yet it's treated like no fucking big deal, it's treated like getting a puppy. So if you're in a position for which adopting would be difficult due to money/paperwork/travel/waiting, then you are not ready for a child period.

Yes. It. Does.

Unless you can describe one to me, I cannot think of a single scenario in which it would not be wildly inappropriate, irresponsible, and cruel for somebody to have a child while living paycheck to paycheck. I don't think it's literally possible for an environment to be healthy and nurturing for a child when the parent(s) are living paycheck to paycheck. The ideas are mutually exclusive by design.

As a society, we really need to come together with an acceptable minimum life situation that you need to be at before you have a child. Because as it stands now, that minimum seems to be: 'be alive.' I see people I know who are unemployed. Their 10 year elder boyfriend of 3 months has a paycheck to paycheck minimum wage job for 32 hours a week. They live with one of their parents. They have no car. They're on food stamps. But they post on Facebook that they're expecting and what do all the comment say? Well, "Congratulations! OMG!" of course. This shit is unacceptable. People need to be taught that this is NOT OKAY. We encourage this type of shit as a society. We view having children as an accomplishment, a life goal, a reason to be celebrated.

It has lost every bit of seriousness it deserves to be treated with.
    NM
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 01-12-2017 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Not worth it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    It's even dumber when guys are sticking their noses into our uteruses, telling us when to have a baby or not. People raised children during the depression, during most times in history when everybody lived on meager means, but now if you don't have a fortune you should go have an abortion. Spoken by a guy, this is really fucking hilarious. Really, all dudes should just go get their nuts snipped. That would fix everything. Literally. And there are no amniotic tests for fucking autism.

G and I were both raised by parents living paycheck-to-paycheck (in the 60s, this was called "life") and we are now educated adults making a combined income of over a quarter of a fucking million dollars per year. IS THAT PRODUCTIVE ENOUGH FOR YOU? We PAY in taxes more than most people earn in one year. Abortion was illegal back then, too. Gee, lucky for us, or else we wouldn't be living in this SQUALOR from having parents who chose to not go abort us with coat hangers because they lived on such low incomes. (We're going to the boat show tomorrow, looking to upgrade our yacht. Maybe I'll talk some fellow boaters into aborting some kids so they can buy more boats.)

Gee, Trent Reznor's parents got pregnant with two kids while they were really young with no money, WHAT MORONS, eh? Their two kids had to go live with grandparents, both those kids turned out to be total useless members of society. Oh, wait ... Reznor now owns over $56 million in real estate holdings. His mom sure shoulda "begged borrowed or stolen" to get rid of those pregnancies, though.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-12-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    "I'll never deal with that situation myself, but I'm going to tell everyone who does how they should do it".
    Like when priests lecture you about sex, it's always a hoot.

And also, because that really pisses me off, ABORTIONS AREN'T ANALOGOUS TO CANCELLING AN AMAZON SHIPMENT.
    Fucking hell...
    Last edited by Khrz; 01-12-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Whoa. Crazy how @allegro decided to turn this into an argument about gender for absolutely no reason and without any provocation.

Newsflash: childrearing isn't a gender issue. Birth control isn't a gender issue.

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's even dumber when guys are sticking their noses into our uteruses, telling us when to have a baby or not. People raised children during the depression, during most times in history when everybody lived on meager means, but now if you don't have a fortune you should go have an abortion. Spoken by a guy, this is really fucking hilarious. Really, all dudes should just go get their nuts snipped. That would fix everything. Literally. And there are no amniotic tests for fucking autism.
    Yes, if you have a child when you're poor, you are a shitty, cruel, selfish person. With that being said, vasectomies should be much, much, much more prevalent and easy to access. Because this isn't a gender issue. Both genders need to start being more responsible and mature.

G and I were both raised by parents living paycheck-to-paycheck (in the 60s, this was called "life") and we are now educated adults making a combined income of over a quarter of a fucking million dollars per year. IS THAT PRODUCTIVE ENOUGH FOR YOU? We PAY in taxes more than most people earn in one year. Abortion was illegal back then, too. Gee, lucky for us, or else we wouldn't be living in this SQUALOR from having parents who chose to not go abort us with coat hangers because they lived on such low incomes. (We're going to the boat show tomorrow, looking to upgrade our yacht. Maybe I'll talk some fellow boaters into aborting some kids so they can buy more boats.)
    Did you decide just to be completely outraged with spending the 30 seconds to read any of my posts? Apparently it seems that way. I sure don't remember saying that a child born into poverty can't possibly be productive. It's as if you decided to read one or two sentences and then go off on some absolutely insane psychotic rant towards a bunch of points I didn't make. Christ.

That's great that you turned out well. Cool man, lots of kids raised by poor parents turned out well. But the thing is *drumroll* a lot more don't turn out well. A lot more turn out just like their parents, living paycheck to paycheck in poverty.

It is morally wrong to bring a child into this world when you don't even have the means to support yourself comfortably. Period. This really isn't a debatable subject. People do it, they do it constantly - sure. Because they're selfish and they think their desire to have a child outweighs the need for a high quality of life for the child.

Gee, Trent Reznor's parents got pregnant with two kids while they were really young with no money, WHAT MORONS, eh? Their two kids had to go live with grandparents, both those kids turned out to be total useless members of society. Oh, wait ... Reznor now owns over $56 million in real estate holdings. His mom sure shoulda "begged borrowed or stolen" to get rid of those pregnancies, though.
    "omg what if the person who would have cured cancer was aborted. this is definitive proof that all abortion is wrong and no abortions should ever take place ever because hypothetical hypothetical missing the point missing the point hypothetical"

Gee, what a constructive argument.

But again, it's simple. His parents made a morally poor choice having a child while they were in poverty. Surprise, it turned out okay! And once AGAIN, you are out of your mind if you think the majority of cases turn out like that. You are out of your mind if you think the majority of children born into poverty experience success later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    "I'll never deal with that situation myself, but I'm going to tell everyone who does how they should do it".
    Like when priests lecture you about sex, it's always a hoot.

And also, because that really pisses me off, ABORTIONS AREN'T ANALOGOUS TO CANCELLING AN AMAZON SHIPMENT.
    Fucking hell...
    You have literally no idea what I'll ever have to deal with. You also don't get to decide what "abortions are like" for anybody but yourself. For all of the women I've dated and many of the women I've known, abortions are pretty analogous to cancelling an Amazon shipment. You get pregnant, you don't want it, you get an abortion, you carry on with your life. Is your idea of 'what an abortion is like for a woman' more valuable or correct than theirs?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I get that a lot of people here on ETS are involved with this new wave of social justice fighting. But a word of advice: not everything is so black and white. Not everybody other than those who agree with each exact opinion of yours is the enemy. Trust me, I am on your side on probably 98% of things. So it's ridiculous to treat me like I'm some alt-right Nazi misogynist because I happen to disagree with 2% of things here and there.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    It seems as if you are the one who is presenting the situation as "black and white".

I dunno how many women you have spoken with who have had abortions, but you are painting a picture that is not based in reality as far as how they make this decision, in my experience. I have, thankfully, never had to have an abortion yet. But I have friends who have, and I've also spoken with many other women who have, as well. It is not a decision that any of them made lightly, and it most certainly is not something that they all just "move on" from without a care in the world.

Perhaps there are some people who are capable of having an abortion and not giving it a second thought. But it is definitely not all, or even most of them.

What appears to be misplaced anger on this topic is detracting from the couple of valid points that you initially made.

And also, yes. Until you have a uterus and are faced with this situation, there is no way that you can state what anyone "should" do with their body. It does not work like that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    To me, sometimes it looks like families with children are happily onboarding a nice, big ship with swimming pools and everything, but to me the ship foundations (build) looks quite damaged and I ask "Are you sure you need to onboard this? Want to talk about this? Hello...? Anybody listening|body listening|body listening|body listening..." :-)

And one little thing: when I ctrl+f on web page for something, and it is found, page scrolls somewhere, but I just can not see it, even with highlighting (maybe hidden HTML element or I am blind). Where the FUCK you see that for fuck's sake! (resorting to ctrl+a, ctrl+c, ctrl+v into notaped.exe)