Page 111 of 147 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,330 of 4389

Thread: Random Stupidity, Post-Apocalpyse Edition

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I shopped this up after a friend couldn't stop laughing towards the end of Titanic because she kept hearing Dory say "Hey, I seen a boat! It passed by not too long ago" in her head.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    You know something. One of my gripes about Titanic was that there was room for both of them on that thing. If one of them was on top of the other, they would both be fine.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    This is how @tony.parente 's relationship started with me (me on the left)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    You know something. One of my gripes about Titanic was that there was room for both of them on that thing. If one of them was on top of the other, they would both be fine.
    Buoyancy. They literally show the door toppling when they try that. Mythbusters did a bit on it and found that they could have both been on the door if they had put Rose's life preserver underneath it....but who would have thought of that?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Buoyancy. They literally show the door toppling when they try that. Mythbusters did a bit on it and found that they could have both been on the door if they had put Rose's life preserver underneath it....but who would have thought of that?
    yeah, i just watched that episode! i loved that at the end, james cameron was basically like "well, the script said he had to die, guys, so it doesn't really matter."

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, i just watched that episode! i loved that at the end, james cameron was basically like "well, the script said he had to die, guys, so it doesn't really matter."
    I'm sorry but that ending sucks. Jack could've been on top of her and if they really wanted to make themselves warm. They could've had sex at least. Sure, they'll be stuck together when they're found but they'll be alive. All they would need is some hot water and live happily ever after. The old Rose would've said "Jack died a few years ago by the way. Life hasn't been the same since and now I hope to go as well and see him again."

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    He could've also drawn himself haked next to her. Just for lulz.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm sorry but that ending sucks. Jack could've been on top of her and if they really wanted to make themselves warm. They could've had sex at least. Sure, they'll be stuck together when they're found but they'll be alive. All they would need is some hot water and live happily ever after. The old Rose would've said "Jack died a few years ago by the way. Life hasn't been the same since and now I hope to go as well and see him again."
    Jack, and then Rose, dying is what makes the ending. He sacrifices himself so that she can go off and make each day count before dying an old lady warm in her bed just like she promised. That's the romance of the flick. The door nearly topples when Jack tries to get on it so he couldn't get on top of Rose. It's not hard science. It's a love story.

Now stop trying to ruin that movie for me. You'll make me cry.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Well shut me up!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

GUYS

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    not sure whether to post in X-files thread or here...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Eventually you get lucky and find the right one, but until then, this is the Dating Life in a nutshell:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Eventually you get lucky and find the right one, but until then, this is the Dating Life in a nutshell:

I love that scene.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This was with my Blu Ray of The Martian. Top marks for it really.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    White text over a white body = unreadable. Is that the joke?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    holy shit lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    White text over a white body = unreadable. Is that the joke?
    Yes. It is.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    "There are soft pops and hard pops."

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm being for real here ok. I'm posting what I'm about to say in this thread because it could be considered Random Stupidity, but in my mind it's very plausible. Also, I'm posting here because there's less of a chance of Trent seeing it. If he does indeed check this forum out sometimes, I'd imagine he goes to the NIN section. Even he would probably want fan feedback. It's valuable information.

OK. So here it is.

The "Worst NIN Song" thread has recently become one of the more popular threads in the NIN section. And I think the reason (though many may not have realized it yet) is that subconsciously we're getting pissed off or impatient with Trent not announcing any new details about his new material. Subconsciously we may feel disrespected in some way. Furthermore, although maybe not when it first started, but now subconsciously we are hoping Trent sees the thread so that he senses our impatience/pissed offness about not feeling respected. It's like we're dissing Trent because he is dissing us.

OK. That's it. Stupid theory right? But I think there could be something to it.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 02-18-2016 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    there's always been a thread discussing our least favourite songs. That one is just a retread.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    there's always been a thread discussing our least favourite songs. That one is just a retread.
    Not to mention than most NIN fans are kinda used to waiting at this point. I'm not certain that we're the most entitled of crowds when it comes to "timely deliveries". After all, we're the ones who gave a whole new meaning to "soon".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    I'm being for real here ok. I'm posting what I'm about to say in this thread because it could be considered Random Stupidity, but in my mind it's very plausible. Also, I'm posting here because there's less of a chance of Trent seeing it. If he does indeed check this forum out sometimes, I'd imagine he goes to the NIN section. Even he would probably want fan feedback. It's valuable information.

OK. So here it is.

The "Worst NIN Song" thread has recently become one of the more popular threads in the NIN section. And I think the reason (though many may not have realized it yet) is that subconsciously we're getting pissed off or impatient with Trent not announcing any new details about his new material. Subconsciously we may feel disrespected in some way. Furthermore, although maybe not when it first started, but now subconsciously we are hoping Trent sees the thread so that he senses our impatience/pissed offness about not feeling respected. It's like we're dissing Trent because he is dissing us.

Shame on us and our dirty littles hearts. I started the thread for fun. No body likes everything, and everyone likes nothing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seed_0 View Post
    Shame on us and our dirty littles hearts. I started the thread for fun. No body likes everything, and everyone likes nothing.
    I like everything. I also like every song.
    I also like tacos.
    Damnit, now I'm hungry.

As far as
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post

NIN fans... have always been kinda assholes. We love Trent's music, most of us also like Trent himself. But yeah, by in large, we are assholes. I mean, fans are the reason Trent quit twitter, and barely uses any social media (at least, publicly).
    I don't imagine that if Trent were to see the "worst NIN song" thread he would care that much anymore. He already knows how a majority of the most vocal fans feel about Everything, I mean, the band practiced it and then never performed it because it became an irritant to Trent, thinking about the fan reception.
    I mean, do you remember when he ripped someone a new hole when they compared Me, I'm Not to KMFDM? A topic where we all discuss our least favorite song, I wouldn't imagine, would hurt his feelings. In order to have a favorite song, you have to have a least favorite.
    I do think there is a little bit of truth to the idea that people are flocking to that topic right now specifically because we know something is in the works, a few somethings actually, and we're kinda grumpy that we have to keep waiting. There is something to the psychology of waiting, where if you know something is coming this year, the wait seems more urgent than if you didn't know something was coming in such a broad timeframe.
    Idk I'm just rambling trying to waste time until my fiance gets home and we can go get some tacos because seriously I need them now.

Edit: oh, wait, no. Do I want tacos or sushi? ETS DECIDE MY LUNCH FATE.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 02-18-2016 at 10:59 AM. Reason: tacos or sushi?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

Edit: oh, wait, no. Do I want tacos or sushi? ETS DECIDE MY LUNCH FATE.
    chimi-fuckin-changas

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)