Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Pacific Rim

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    It sounds like maybe this one was made for kids?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    it looks like there are only like two Kaijus in this movie and the mega-kaiju. Are there more? And how are they comapred to the first?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    it looks like there are only like two Kaijus in this movie and the mega-kaiju. Are there more? And how are they comapred to the first?
    Nope that’s it. Never given names, they appear and it’s like ‘two category fours and a category five...we need to take them out now.’ and cue fight scene. They’re just like all the others, lizard-like creatures with a blue glow. That’s it. The Mega-Kaiju is a bigger version.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 03-25-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also, while the ending flagrantly tries to set up a trilogy...

Pacific Rim: Uprising is set to win its opening weekend.
    Pacific Rim: Uprising earned $10.4 million from 3,708 locations on Friday and $28 million in its opening weekend. That's up from the initial $25 million projections, but still significantly lower than the $37 million earned by the first Pacific Rim in 2013. Considering the first film's sequel prospects were touch and go, the lower opening for Uprising does not bode well for the franchise's future.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I saw this Saturday and whilst it isn't anywhere near as good as the first but i still enjoyed it.

It's a Saturday morning cartoon version, very dumb (this is clearly aimed at kids) but ultimately enjoyable if you like this kind of thing...and i do (though not Transformers, they just angry me more then entertain) plus it's the second film in a week i've seen with a Gundam in it, even if it's not a real one.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Also, while the ending flagrantly tries to set up a trilogy...

Pacific Rim: Uprising is set to win its opening weekend.
    Pacific Rim: Uprising earned $10.4 million from 3,708 locations on Friday and $28 million in its opening weekend. That's up from the initial $25 million projections, but still significantly lower than the $37 million earned by the first Pacific Rim in 2013. Considering the first film's sequel prospects were touch and go, the lower opening for Uprising does not bode well for the franchise's future.
    Chances are they're hoping for the china box office to save this like the first...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I went in with very low expectation, since it's getting really negative reviews...

I really liked it!!!

It was fun, entertaining, not nearly as dumb as I feared (It wasn't ID4 Resurgence), the charaters were likable, and the few actual kaijus we had were very well designed. I might be an idiot, but I highly recommend this movie!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I would have liked it more if the pilots' voices weren't so harsh. The sound design could have been much less grating if there were no effects for their voices, or perhaps a deeper tone. Instead, it was like a shrill walkie-talkie. I went to an IMAX 2D showing, so the louder volume made listening to the pilots talk even more unbearable. Other than that big gripe, I liked it. At the end, I wish Pentecost would have broken the fourth wall. He should have said what they were going to do next, then glance into the camera, and then the main musical theme would kick in.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I went to this last night. Was a decent effort. A few editing points i felt were rushed, but overall i thought it was a decent film.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Know what? It was...fine. But I don't think there was a single part of it that wasn't just limp as all hell.

That twist, the rogue jaeger, all of it was severely underutilized, and I feel like any soul this movie could have had was just sucked clean out of it somewhere down the line.

But it was fine. Just fine. I don't even know if I want the third movie to happen or not. :/ That final "post ending title card" cliffhanger was absolutely bland as fuck. This franchise deserves a better sequel. But whatever, gotta pander to the general audience, right? Isn't that what it's all about? Hello? Anyone?

Edit: if I had to quantify it, I'd give it like a solid 5/10.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-05-2018 at 09:50 PM.