Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    No offense guys, but I think a ban on assault rifles will only make the situation more dangerous. Do you realize how many paranoid lunatics we have in America that think it's gonna end soon? Do you really think those people are gonna give up their assault rifles willingly?
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 12-14-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    No offense guys, but I think a ban on assault rifles will only make the situation more dangerous. Do you realize how many paranoid lunatics we have in the world that think it's gonna end soon? Do you really think those people are gonna give up their assault rifles willingly?
    Who knows, maybe that's why this fucker did what he did.... maybe he thought there was an impending apocalypse and figured he'd try and get away with something like this.

Or maybe he thought his mother loved all those school kids more than him, i don't know......but i definitely can't see anything outside of something psychological or they did this just for the hell of it.... an elaborate suicide? stir up some shit and then off yourself.

Fucked up either way.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Why does this only happen in the US (except for that one time in Norway)? What happens in the US that doesn't happen in any other country? I think a cause-and-effect/Freakonomics-type analysis will reveal that the root problem is way beyond gun control (and for the record, I think that having guns is stupid, so no, I'm not against gun control). Allegro mentioned "mental illness". There's mentally ill-people in other countries as well.

An alarming number of broken families in the US may be the root cause behind all of this?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Some of these people who go into schools and shoot up kids aren't from broken homes http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...fe-deposit-box

But, really, only mentally ill people do shit like THIS shit today. It's not normal, in any sense.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-14-2012 at 11:27 PM.