Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Health

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    The guitar riff in "DSM-V" sounds exactly like Rammstein's "Radio"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    You've been to the show in Hamburg? Sadly had to miss out on Tuesday as I was more into Crime & the City Solution. But yes, Rat Wars is great! Really digging the record as we speak and I guess I'll give it a few more spins this weekend. But I gotta agree, it's more down my alley as well compared to the previous two records. A little more experimentation wouldn't have hurt them, but this flows nicely!
    It does. Yes, I've been to the edel-optics.de-Arena (what a stupid name). As Sleep Token's newest is a top AOTY contender for me and I've listened to so much HEALTH in the last years this show was perfectly tailored for me. I couldn't let that one pass, even with Ice & the Traffic Situation.

But tbh, if you just liked HEALTH, don't go to concerts of them as opening band. Most of the times the crowd is not really into them. The combination of vocals and instruments is too unusual I guess. And they are not the best crowd animators.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m one full listen in and “Crack Metal” is standing out as the best (so far).

I’m liking the album quite a bit. Can’t decide if it’s better than Vol4 yet.

Edit: Now leaning toward “Children Of Sorrow” as the best.
    Last edited by Swykk; 12-12-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Anyone catching them this year while they tour in support of Rat Wars?

I saw them for the first time this past Tuesday in Toronto, truly an epic show and something that i really needed. It's been so long since I was able to just go buck wild, the opening bands were great and i was very impressed with Pixel Grip especially.

Lol now I'm so fuckin' sore I can barely move.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Caught the Brooklyn Steel show on Friday. I'm a relative latecomer to the band and saw them live for the first time at Dark Force Fest last year. DFF was great overall, but muddy, underpowered sound affected a lot of the acts, HEALTH included. As such, I was excited to see them in a proper venue.

The sound at BS was great (at least from the rail), and I enjoyed the set - though it underscored for me that my mileage with the band is fairly song-specific. The hookier material from Death Magic and Slaves of Fear is "pump it directly into my veins"-level, but a lot of Rat Wars didn't scratch that particular itch quite as well. Unloved is probably my current favorite off the album, but it unfortunately doesn't appear to be in regular rotation. All that said, it was great to hear Stonefist and other favorites at appropriate levels of amplification, and I would most certainly HEALTH happily again. (LOL, I suppose invoking Stonefist illustrates why TR has such a hard time leaving HLAH and Closer off setlists).

Regarding the openers: I was introduced to King Yosef via the Youth Code collab album, which had some tracks I genuinely love. KY's own electronic-inflected hardcore didn't really click for me, but he was an energetic and amusing performer who kept me from looking at my watch. On the other hand, Pixel Grip might well have been my favorite set of the entire evening. Their recorded output is quite varied, but frontwoman Rita (who entered in a memorable fashion that I won't spoil here) and the band delivered a fairly uptempo and very energetic set. I didn't plan on getting any merch, but I couldn't resist shelling out $20 for a signed Polaroid with PG after the show. If you're going to any upcoming dates, it's definitely worth coming early to catch the full bill.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The last time that HEALTH played in the KC area, Jupiter was still in the band. There were only like 40 people there but it was such a blast and was incredibly loud. Really fucking wish they'd come back around. I've been Killer Elite since 2020 and have yet had an opportunity to use that to meet the guys or anything at a show. Definitely a bummer.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    They're playing St. Louis tomorrow actually! The last time I saw them was in 2011 at Pitchfork, and they were one of the highlights of an already crazy stacked festival for me.

I considered going, but I peeped the setlist and I wish they would do more from the first two records. Didn't care for RAT WARS enough to make the show this time. Pixel Grip is a good band though, and I'm glad they're getting more eyeballs on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was at the STL show and really enjoyed it! I'm really liking Rat Wars though and they played a lot of it. Pixel Grip was also really good! Show was packed and had to be close to a sell out.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bad Omens will release a new song this thursday (18) featuring HEALTH

(which is already leaked btw)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Man, talk about feeling like a fucking idiot.

Last touring cycle, I missed Health in Brisbane, because the ticketing agent e-mails didn't even say they were going to be here until after they played.

Saw they were gonna be here this tour, and saw that the tickets went on sale May 20th. Been eagerly waiting to buy a pair. Saw them put up a graphic saying the show was sold out. Realized I misread, and the tickets have been on sale since MARCH 20th. Dumb ass.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Man, talk about feeling like a fucking idiot.

Last touring cycle, I missed Health in Brisbane, because the ticketing agent e-mails didn't even say they were going to be here until after they played.

Saw they were gonna be here this tour, and saw that the tickets went on sale May 20th. Been eagerly waiting to buy a pair. Saw them put up a graphic saying the show was sold out. Realized I misread, and the tickets have been on sale since MARCH 20th. Dumb ass.
    Just message John on Instagram or something. Dude is so nice he might be able to help you out.