Thread: Coil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Listened to LSD’s “Dark River” on loop for like three hours yesterday while working on a writing project. How fucking otherworldly and amazing is that piece, anyway..?

(Sorry, Levi.. )

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Listened to LSD’s “Dark River” on loop for like three hours yesterday while working on a writing project. How fucking otherworldly and amazing is that piece, anyway..?
    Yeah, that track is the shit. I had a similar experience back in 2008; I was scanning and printing some stuff for a university project while listening to Time Machines. That fucker made me completely lose sense of time. I had no idea if a few minutes had passed, or a bunch of hours.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I got into a Dark River looping habit way back in the summer of '94. I had recently heard it for the first time at one of the San Francisco Warfield shows. Love's Secret Domain was looped as the pre-show music. This was the show where Trent threw the mic stand into Podboy's forehead, causing an intermission of about 45 minutes to stitch him up, while L.S.D. playing over again.
    The track always takes me back to that night, which was also my first Nine Inch Nails show.
    Previously, the only Coil I had heard was Contains a Disclaimer, which was on a friend's Pathological Compilation cassette. The only way I knew the pre-show music was Coil was by recognizing the similarity with Contains a Disclaimer.