Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep It Together

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Keep It Together

Alright, sounds cool. Who's got them links?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh, hey, this isn't so bad! Is this going to be the vibe they're going for with all their stuff, though? This very downbeat, ambient pop? "Keep it together___" is nice and all, but even an EP of songs that sound exactly like this would grow stale quickly. It appeals to the side of me that really likes weird noises, but there's not much tune to it, it's all tension and no release.
    Last edited by BlueCalx; 10-08-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's probably not a music video. It's probably just a way of putting a song on youtube more interestingly than using a still image.

Has Trent been on Zane Lowe's show yet? edit: fuck missed it. what did he say

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    It's probably not a music video. It's probably just a way of putting a song on youtube more interestingly than using a still image.

Has Trent been on Zane Lowe's show yet? edit: fuck missed it. what did he say
    That was one of my thoughts. It's much better than a static image that most use. The first 40sec of audio though...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    He said they were going for quite a restrained approach this time around and experimenting with "space" in the music, something he "never really did with NIN". That and the full length LP is 98% finished.

Other than that nothing particularly insightful. Zane was trying to get more out of him but it didn't seem like he wanted to give anything away.

98%. Haha. Cry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reason Being View Post
    He said they were going for quite a restrained approach this time around and experimenting with "space" in the music, something he "never really did with NIN".
    I can definitely see what he meant by that, I only have listened to it on these shitty desktop speakers here at work and it 'felt' like a 'deep' song if you know what I mean. Honestly I didn't even listen to the vocals the couple times I listened to it, this one will be on repeat for a while picking out all the little things.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    That and the full length LP is 98% finished.
    98%. Haha. Cry.
    This is what "SOON" means!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That's it? A boring Even Deeper/Me I'm Not/Great Good/anything boring from Ghosts or soundtrack/anything boring from the first EP-esque song?

That was worth waiting two years!

[/joking-ish / overeacting a little bit / have a sense of humour / simply not my cup of tea in the end]

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    this is fucking doooopeee

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Not sure if I'm a big fan of this track, i don't hate it but really.... another "Discipline" style vocal hiccup, juggling vocal takes from Trent and Mariqueen with no real melody just out of sync and messy sounding.....

Some of Q's vocals even sound out of place in spots over this beat, it doesn't flow well for me...

I'm trying to find something to really hang on to here, something to like...

Listening to this track over and over, something's gotta give!

I can't see this as single and winning over the mainstream to a new band that's for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    ...no real melody just out of sync and messy sounding.....

Some of Q's vocals even sound out of place in spots over this beat, it doesn't flow well...
    Almost like they can't... keep it together...

athankyou

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder what gives with the download being still up on Soundcloud... They must know that 538 people have downloaded the track for free.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I wonder what gives with the download being still up on Soundcloud... They must know that 538 people have downloaded the track for free.
    What Leviathant said and also, I've been thinking: TR & Co know that their fanbase is full of nerds who would have rip the song anyway after it had aired. Maybe they just want to people to listen to good quality version of the song instead of cheap quality?

Just a thought...

About the song itself: like others have said it's very Year Zero-ish and I like that. I dig the calmness of it.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Because it's super unusual for Trent Reznor to post his music online for free.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    ETS: The only place where people complain about paid tracks, free tracks, unreleased tracks AND released tracks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I still feel kind of bad about yoinking it like that. Intentional or not. I'll buy the single first thing tomorrow I promise

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I liked that Zane shit on Trent a little bit after that 98% figure, considering we heard almost the same thing a year ago. 2015 indeed.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The fact that this was announced and first aired in the UK makes me more hopeful for an international tour of some nature

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Eh, I'm buying the EP anyway so I might just download this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^

Same here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's super unusual for a free download to be left up by a band that also has that same song coming out the next day as a paid... download.

But who needs logic anyways. Free tunes! And i'm pretty sure no one's complaining. I'm definitely not
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 10-08-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    It's super unusual for a free download to be left up by a band that also has that same song coming out the next day as a paid... download.

But who needs logic anyways. Free tunes! And i'm pretty sure no one's complaining. I'm definitely not
    Just putting it out there - I haven't had to pay for a Nine Inch Nails release since With Teeth, but that's never stopped me. I think he knows that even once it's available for download, it will be copied by those who will copy. And NIN fans are certainly savvy enough that bypassing Soundcloud would only stall a dedicated downloader by about 90 seconds, and then it's on filesharing networks where downloads can't be tracked. With that in mind, I think it makes sense to post it on Soundcloud with a download option.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I don't get any Year Zero feels from this :[

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I don't get any Year Zero feels from this :[
    I'm not getting much of a feel of anything NIN from this. As I said earlier, it reminds me a lot of "Drops of Shame" from the Silent Hill 4 OST. The drummy things (Marvel at the extent of my musicy knowlegde!) have a huge similarity in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the track I downloaded off of their soundcloud has the artist name tagged as "How to destroy angels_". Is that how they are labeling it now?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    So the track I downloaded off of their soundcloud has the artist name tagged as "How to destroy angels_". Is that how they are labeling it now?
    apparently, yes. Read the note below
    http://pitchfork.com/news/48122-list...p-it-together/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    Ugh, I dislike when bands change stuff like that. The purest in me likes to keep everything properly tagged in my music library so then everything isn't all grouped together.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    That ... is kinda pretentious.

Probably the first negative thing I've said about the band/collective

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The beginning reminds me of one of the Closer remixes, forgot which one. But still, i'm feeling this track a lot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also, I'd also like to point out that this is in no way dance music