Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep It Together

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Huh? I'd think they shot it themselves. Except for the end (which could have easily been shot with the help of a tripod) there are never all members in the frame. This surely allowed it for the others to hold the cam.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder if there's a reason that video1 is only on youtube and video2 is only on vimeo.

And I wonder how many people forgot there was already a video for this :P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    TR just posted a comment on FB saying 'preorder coming tomorrow (I think).' Quickly removed, but yeah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    pretty sure that's what Atticus is doing. rob is definitely playing the ondes martenot.
    The French Connection is CV controller based on the ondes martenot.

It's not a true Ondes Martenot in that it does not generate its own sound. It's just a controller that feeds into an external sound generator (in this case a massive modular synth of awesome).

But, saying it's one over the other does become pedantic, so I'm willing to just call it either or. No need to get overly technical.

I have no earthly idea what Atticus is using in this video.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Someone on vimeo says the instrument Rob is playing is the ondes martenot, FWIW
    No, it's an Analogue Systems French Connection, like in this video.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent posted the video on his Facebook page. The response has led him to issue the following statement:

I see there's lots of cunts on FB...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I did a spit take when I saw Trent post that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was really hoping it was gonna be a new song posted today (regardless how unlikely it was) but after watching the video I was pleasantly suprised regardless of my expectations. It's really beautifully shot. Also loving Trents comment. They were all being really dickish about it. If you don't like HTDA, fine. Just dont be whiney little assholes about it. No matter who you are it isn't particularly nice to put so much time and effort into something new and get such douchey feed back about it

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    That Trent comment made me laugh.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Is it just me or do the voclas not quite synch up with Trent and Q's movement at points? I'm not talking about the layers of echos that would likely be pre-recorded loops played. I'm not sure if I'm watching a live performance, or them performing with the audio from the track (changed at times to go with the added beginning, etc) layed over top?

As for the FB being full of cunts, while I completely agree, I would think Trent would be (unfortunately) used to this by now. As passionate as his fans can be, there are some dicks out there that seem to want to ruin things. I mean, how many hot lighters and water bottles were thrown at him at his own shows, by "fans" who like his work enough to spend money for floor tickets. I hate that those fans exist, but they do, and they have, and I'm surprised Trent isn't expecting that from some of them by now.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    You can expect it and still be disappointed by it. And then you can relax at ETS where we're mostly cunt-free. Seriously, seeing all the Facebook garbage reminds me of how much I like the people here.

As far as timing - compare this video to The Hand That Feeds video. Same concept - essentially miming to the studio track. There was probably live audio in the studio, but they chose to go with the studio track. There are going to be some miscues.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    The more I watch this, I realize I actually like it moreso than The Space in Between video, the concept is better as wide eyed Mariqueen singing catching on fire always kind of struck me as unintentionally funny.

Still not sure how I feel about the song though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the visual direction and production of the video. I also found it amusing the way Trent appears disgruntled, the way he's looking off to the side. Like, "Man, am I really singing backup?"

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trent posted the video on his Facebook page. The response has led him to issue the following statement:
    I see there's lots of cunts on FB...
    I really hope he isn't taking any of the stupid comments seriously. I was sad when I saw the twitter meltdown a few years back. I loved reading his updates. For lots of people, its a requirement for them to post something negative. For others, it's an ego thing to talk bullshit to others. Add in a celebrity status and the just can't resist.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    If anyone wants the direct link to Trent's comment: https://www.facebook.com/treznor/pos...l_comments=227 126 likes and counting!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    As far as timing - compare this video to The Hand That Feeds video. Same concept - essentially miming to the studio track. There was probably live audio in the studio, but they chose to go with the studio track. There are going to be some miscues.
    I'm hoping they'll go The Slip style and give us some studio-live tracks - the chances of them touring outside of the US this time round is slim to none, so SOMETHING live would be nice.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i really doubt trent is TOO upset.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm hoping they'll go The Slip style and give us some studio-live tracks - the chances of them touring outside of the US this time round is slim to none, so SOMETHING live would be nice.
    Unfortunately, I think you're right about no UK tour. Would love that a 'live/studio DVD too' - The Slip rehearsal DVD is one of my most played DVD's of all time. Epic.
    Last edited by simonn; 11-02-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: posting just after I've got up and not being able to spll

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I still think that fact that the first interview (only interview so far?) about this was on the UK's Radio 1 and signing to Columbia to get more international clout a la the Prague example, means they intend for this to be liked / listened to outside just the US and that would include an international tour of some sort
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-02-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://thequietus.com/articles/10553...ry-floor-remix
    Factory Floor remix of Keep It Together, downloadable from HTDA's Soundcloud page.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_dhr View Post
    Factory Floor remix of Keep It Together, downloadable from HTDA's Soundcloud page.
    Interesting, this track downloads as A1, to go with B1 from the previous remix ... could this mean the remixes will be released as a standalone? Even a remix EP?
    Also, this is so much better than the Dave Sitek one, I'm actually going to listen to his more than once.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_dhr View Post
    Thank you for the heads-up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Interesting, this track downloads as A1, to go with B1 from the previous remix ... could this mean the remixes will be released as a standalone? Even a remix EP?
    Also, this is so much better than the Dave Sitek one, I'm actually going to listen to his more than once.
    Cool. Something with a beat! I like this one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^^
    I still think that fact that the first interview (only interview so far?) about this was on the UK's Radio 1 and signing to Columbia to get more international clout a la the Prague example, means they intend for this to be liked / listened to outside just the US and that would include an international tour of some sort
    Agreed, but I think they'll do a handful of US dates for the EP, and then we might get a couple of UK dates in the touring cycle of the album. Shepherds Bush Empire size places I would say. All I ask is the dates if any aren't them tacked onto some festival bill somewhere, please!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A varied in color image was also uploaded with the remix:

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hearing the vocals on the Factory Floor remix, eh... they just clash so much on there in my opinion and don't make any sense being there at all outside the fact that it's a remix...

You have this real fast uppity beat with these slow vocals, just doesn't mix at all for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone want to see Trent call Facebook people "cunts": http://i.imgur.com/uHSrR.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    If anyone want to see Trent call Facebook people "cunts": http://i.imgur.com/uHSrR.jpg
    I've gotten in over my head and trolled way in the past, I quickly learned how fucking stupid & selfish it is. Not only stupid & selfish but it's insulting to the band and the fans who truly appreciate the work & want to participate in the discussion. An opinion of "Not my style of music" is ok and all, but there are some dick comments in there. Motherfuckers act like they forgot about Tre. I hope the band can see past the tolling and see just how much positive support they do have.

I'm not trying to kiss ass, but... fuck.. HTDA so far sounds and looks really good.
    Last edited by snaapz; 11-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    indeed, A1/B1 mark the two primed for a 7" vinyl release. can't say i'm into either one, though, so i won't be buying.

new video is super cool. i was nerdgasming at the gear the whole time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't post much and I love HTDA as well as the video and song of keep it together, but WTF is with this crappy house-esqe dance remix. Corny bass line and the vocals just appear to be thrown in where ever.

Someone please tell me that the CEO of Columbia's kid pulled a favor to get this remix released. Its crap.

I remember when remixes broke new ground and were interesting, now they're just dumbed down and annoying

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!