Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Type O Negative

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @Jon - you’re my last hope. I still, STILL, after all these years cannot locate the creepy 9/11 soundscape Josh created and had available to listen to on his MySpace page. Do you have that archived anywhere? It starts off with the Islamic prayer and then all the catastrophe and panic of the attack playing out. Maybe someone on a FB group has it?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Most of the sounds and voices also remind me to "Revolution No.9" at least the way they stack over each other, i guess it makes sense, since Pete was a HUGE Beatles fan.
    As for the whispers, i gotta listen to it again, but i'll wait till it's daytime, the track scares the shit out of me, lol
    Going back to our 3.0.I.F. discussion, some interesting notes here including who some of the voices are (one being Bonnie Weiss, Kenny’s eventual wife):

https://typeonegative.fandom.com/wiki/3.0.I.F.

Apparently Sal did the creepy “BLEH” voice on Glass Walls of Limbo (Dance Mix) as well.

"3.0.I.F." is a song by Type O Negative, included on the third album Bloody Kisses, released in 1993. The interlude begins with a motorcycle accelerating to high speed then gives way to womanly choirs over the slow percussion rhythm, then a motorcycle crash, followed by a low-pitch electric humming sound of catastrophe with people talking on top with emergency caller, and ends with an oncoming vehicle, a truck horn and followup crash.
    The track title means "30 if", referring that Peter Steele would've been 30 if he hadn't died in the motorcycle accident (in reality he didn't die in that crash and he lived till 48). The title and the sound of motorcycle in it was inspired from a license plate on the car on the album cover of
    Abbey Roadby
    the Beatleswhich reads "28IF".

>>

Group performer

Session performers

• Bonnie Weiss – voices
    • Keith Caputo – voices
    • Karen Rose – voices
    • Debbie Alter – voices
    • Chris Zamp – voices
    • Alan Robert – voices
    • Joey Zampella – voices
    • Mike Palmeri – voices

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Pete wanted to call “Day Tripper” “Gay Stripper” hahahah

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @Jon - you’re my last hope. I still, STILL, after all these years cannot locate the creepy 9/11 soundscape Josh created and had available to listen to on his MySpace page. Do you have that archived anywhere? It starts off with the Islamic prayer and then all the catastrophe and panic of the attack playing out. Maybe someone on a FB group has it?
    I'm digging for ya. You're talking about "Untitled 1A" from JoshSilver.com?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Yep!!!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm digging for ya. You're talking about "Untitled 1A" from JoshSilver.com?
    Is it my bad memory or did he do another one as well as that?

Love these old vintage clips:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Is it my bad memory or did he do another one as well as that?
    There were 2 tracks, "Untitled 1A" which was first shared on his official website in 2003, as confirmed by this article:

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=2410

Original, non-working: http://www.joshsilver.com/mp3/Untitled 1A.mp3

There was also "Jewdayica", which was only ever shared on MySpace:

https://myspace.com/joshsilver/music/songs

From what I understand, all of the old music from MySpace got destroyed when they switched over to HTML5. If you try to download either of the tracks now you'll notice you can't, but you'll also notice they're m4a instead of mp3. This is looking like a holy grail, hoss. I've been on eMule, SoulSeek, SoulSeekQT, and started to look through DC++, all to no avail.
    Last edited by Jon; 07-05-2021 at 10:59 AM. Reason: hmm

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Well fuck me! What did the Jewdayica one sound like?

Hmm… probably the only way is to contact Johnny directly through Facebook (or possibly even Sal?) and ask them to ask Josh for the files.

Any results if you look them up on SoulSeek?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Well fuck me! What did the Jewdayica one sound like?

Hmm… probably the only way is to contact Johnny directly through Facebook (or possibly even Sal?) and ask them to ask Josh for the files.

Any results if you look them up on SoulSeek?
    I've tried "Josh Silver", "joshsilver", "Type O Negative", "TON", and "Jew" (as is labeled on myspace) everywhere I've checked.

Tried "soundscape", "unreleased", "misc", "miscellaneous", "myspace", "rare", "untitled", "untitled 1a", "1a".

Basically I've tried every combination of things from the first and second list.

EDIT: I've also briefly glanced through search results from yandex, duckduckgo, and yahoo.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Looks like we need to reach out to official sources. I thought someone would have had it archived! Both of them. Interesting that he had actually intended on having that soundscape on LIKM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal @seasonsinthesky

Is this comment accurate or is he pulling it out of his ass? I don’t remember it?

Joseph Kennedyawesome job! one of my favorite tracks from Type O. There is a 12 minute version of it before it was cut for the album that I have lost which is incredible too. Great job thank you for sharing.

Not sure, but i would love to listen the 12 minute version, it's one of my favorite Type O tracks!

Going back to our 3.0.I.F. discussion, some interesting notes here including who some of the voices are (one being Bonnie Weiss, Kenny’s eventual wife):

https://typeonegative.fandom.com/wiki/3.0.I.F.

Apparently Sal did the creepy “BLEH” voice on Glass Walls of Limbo (Dance Mix) as well.

"3.0.I.F." is a song by Type O Negative, included on the third album Bloody Kisses, released in 1993. The interlude begins with a motorcycle accelerating to high speed then gives way to womanly choirs over the slow percussion rhythm, then a motorcycle crash, followed by a low-pitch electric humming sound of catastrophe with people talking on top with emergency caller, and ends with an oncoming vehicle, a truck horn and followup crash.
    The track title means "30 if", referring that Peter Steele would've been 30 if he hadn't died in the motorcycle accident (in reality he didn't die in that crash and he lived till 48). The title and the sound of motorcycle in it was inspired from a license plate on the car on the album cover of
    Abbey Roadby
    the Beatleswhich reads "28IF".

>>

Group performer

Session performers

• Bonnie Weiss – voices
    • Keith Caputo – voices
    • Karen Rose – voices
    • Debbie Alter – voices
    • Chris Zamp – voices
    • Alan Robert – voices
    • Joey Zampella – voices
    • Mike Palmeri – voices

Nice, i tried to listen to the wispers but ...nothing!

As a side note: I'll say that "Dark Side of the Womb" is someone having sex with a pregnant woman. (not hard to guess...)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-05-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Ok, @Jon I emailed Sal and his previous graphic designer Sam Shearon about the soundscapes. Let’s see what happens.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Recent Johnny interview.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This is amazing.

Also, I forgot this existed. All sung in jibberish haha

Last edited by Erneuert; 07-07-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @Jon -

4:31 - 4:40 of Haunted. Have you ever been able to work out what those whispers are saying? All I’ve ever heard is “haps of the devil in you”

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Amazing interview:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    @Jon -

4:31 - 4:40 of Haunted. Have you ever been able to work out what those whispers are saying? All I’ve ever heard is “haps of the devil in you”

When you reverse the audio, you get someone with a French accent that says, "You like to play your albums backwards". The next part sounds reversed (so, proper), and I can't make it out when the audio is played normally, but it's probably "You like to play your albums forwards".
    Last edited by Jon; 07-09-2021 at 01:17 PM. Reason: words

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    hahaha

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @Jon can you put the reversed part up on Soundcloud?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    @Jon can you put the reversed part up on Soundcloud?
    Sure thing, after everyone goes to bed. I already roughly clipped the "quiet section" in full (with extra on the beginning and end), so here's that for now on MEGA:

https://mega.nz/file/axYGiDLA#Zz65pq...pgyHZIKWrtVklM

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Sure thing, after everyone goes to bed. I already roughly clipped the "quiet section" in full (with extra on the beginning and end), so here's that for now on MEGA:

https://mega.nz/file/axYGiDLA#Zz65pq...pgyHZIKWrtVklM
    I’m just hearing the “poem” from Haunted in that link, no reversed audio or anything.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I’m just hearing the “poem” from Haunted in that link, no reversed audio or anything.
    That's what I get for doing something in a hurry. Sorry about that, here it is on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/jon_ets/14-ha...ipped-reversed

It starts harsh, but I wanted to give a bit of context so that it was clear I pulled it from the track. The voice starts a few (2–3) seconds in.
    Last edited by Jon; 07-09-2021 at 11:32 PM. Reason: i don't speak good

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    That's what I get for doing something in a hurry. Sorry about that, here it is on SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/jon_ets/14-ha...ipped-reversed

It starts harsh, but I wanted to give a bit of context so that it was clear I pulled it from the track. The voice starts a few (2–3) seconds in.
    oh man, that’s just awesome. Can you make out anything being said after the “you like playing your albums backwards” bit?

Also, I have a challenge for you.

We all know “Skip It” has the tease of the sound of a CD skipping, and legend has always held that the vinyl version is different and sounds like the LP is fucked, and the cassette version sounds like the tape is being chewed.

You can indeed hear the alternative vinyl version in this video:

My challenge to you is to locate the cassette version!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    My challenge to you is to locate the cassette version!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Buy one cheap off discogs and rip it, lol.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 07-10-2021 at 02:17 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My first time hearing the vinyl version of skip it really screwed me up, I honestly thought I had a bad copy
    Last edited by 3knic; 07-10-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Don't feel like digging to see if this has been mentioned, but just came across this on YouTube and was instantly reminded of Type O. Anyone already a fan of this band? This shit fucking rules. About to do a deep dive on them.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Sometimes forget how good the lyrics were to An Ode To Locksmiths (probably because they only played the end part of it live).

Been given the keys
    I knew I'd receive
    Be careful what you're asking for
    Thy rod and thy staff
    Simply twelve toned math
    An earful opening all doors

Simon the Roman
    Gone fission for man
    If you're caught is to be freed
    Come open your lock
    By using a rock
    Or sowing the proper seeds

Woe to thee all women
    Of land, air, and sea
    Adam was the serpent
    Apple 'tween his knees
    Seduced by a snake
    Worshipped by nations
    Banished forth from Eden
    It's the male who is Satan

From the tree of knowledge
    (A metaphor for sex)
    Plucked a ripened globe of fruit
    That of her innocence
    Since forbidden, resisted
    Forcing her to taste
    Now I know why girls hate boys
    Cause Eve was in fact raped

We ain't goin' home, got nowhere to go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, me too. I wish Pete were still around to haunt Brooklyn now that I live here. Shit, I'm two streets from Kings Highway, how's that for lyrical reference. Glad I met him, though.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    How did your conversation go?

After reading the TON wiki I didn’t realise a lot of the Dead Again lyrics were broken down into Cantos, like on S,D&H. I guess I didn’t ever take the time to read the lyric booklet properly.

Yes, I leaked (with help) those Bloody Kisses demos back in August of… I forget what year. Oh what an amazing experience that was to hear Scream (Because I Can’t) for the first time (Suspended In Dusk early version).

But then again I did leak “Break” on behalf of Saul Williams and TR back in 2007/2008 under the ‘analiencure’ (Numan reference, fuck you @Helpmeiaminhell ) with an agreement between @Leviathant (love you, man) and @eatyourblud (RIP).

It is amazing the way that life unravels. I remember being on the phone to @eatyourblud just prior to entering the 2007 Luna Park show. God, life is so amazing and so tragic.