Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    I think you have to stay at the back of the queue
    A fight to the death, winner takes all? :P

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    An Omen ad banner on Spotify today. See what major label deals get ya!
    Could you post a screenshot when you get a chance? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Anyone else still waiting for their vinyl to ship from Topspin?
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Yep. My live receipt thing still doesn't have a tracking number, just a status of acknowledged. If I recall we were supposed to receive these on release day.. I really do not like Topspin.
    Same here. Really annoying, especially when the shipping cost was over $13.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Love it... but the 3rd track has a vocal melody a bit too much like that bright sunshiney day song XD but yep, another belter. Love the Unknown Pleasures sounding guitar on the first track

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Love it... but the 3rd track has a vocal melody a bit too much like that bright sunshiney day song XD but yep, another belter. Love the Unknown Pleasures sounding guitar on the first track
    HAHAHA, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this... I do like the track though. But yeah the melody is very close.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who thought that the "I Can See Clearly Now" melody was intentional?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's good some (a lot of) people like this...but I've concluded, with how I initially felt. This just doesn't feel enough like a different band. Almost in any regard. There are attempts worth noting, but that's all. My head is inevitably twisted in all sorts of directions in the past "trentse"... It's a better try than the first EP, in that sense, but...during track 5 I just wanted to put on "The Big Come Down" (from hearing that somewhat attackful Trent vocal). Listening to this EP poses more questions than when listening to the first. There, it was easier to understand where the sound was coming from, and cut some slack. Here, it's just barely any more "new," really. Apart from all that jazz, I'm still left with unimpressionable songs, pretty much. There's nothing I wanna steal...
    Last edited by Amaro; 11-15-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Quote Originally Posted by ultimaton View Post
    Same here. Really annoying, especially when the shipping cost was over $13.
    I sent them an email about this last night. I eventually got a reply that they were still waiting on the physical product to arrive at the warehouse before they could send it out. Uh.. Ok. Not great but whatever. However, just now I received a follow up that due to an internal error, some people got skipped. They have refunded the price of the shipping and will send it out soon.

I'm still exasperated with Topspin, but this was the right way to handle this, I think.
    Last edited by bgalbraith; 11-15-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I got the email about refunding my shipping costs as well. Seeing as it was a hefty $13 to ship, the additional couple of days of waiting for the vinyl is a little less frustrating right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My vinyl showed up today.

Both records skip horribly (like every single rotation jumping 5-6 groves forward). Obviously I'll need to contact them, I was just curious if this was a widespread problem or not. Sounds like I'll have to wait a day or two find out as no one else is talking about having it yet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I also got the shipping refund email. They seem to have these shipping problems every time, but this time they're handling them much better, by actually communicating what's going on, as opposed to just leaving people hanging like with past releases.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Could you post a screenshot when you get a chance? Thanks
    Last edited by fortheloveofgod; 11-16-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I also got the shipping refund email. They seem to have these shipping problems every time, but this time they're handling them much better, by actually communicating what's going on, as opposed to just leaving people hanging like with past releases.
    i'm just wondering if the shipping refund is due to trent & co. getting involved and insisting on them refunding the shipping costs due to past and ongoing issues every time they distribute something or if this came from the goodness of topspin's own heart.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrismonkey View Post
    My vinyl showed up today.

Both records skip horribly (like every single rotation jumping 5-6 groves forward). Obviously I'll need to contact them, I was just curious if this was a widespread problem or not. Sounds like I'll have to wait a day or two find out as no one else is talking about having it yet.
    i ordered from amazon so i only have the EP, but it arrived in fine shape on tuesday and i listened to it all the way through last night with zero issues. i will say it feels a bit light for what's supposed to be 180G Vinyl, but it sounded pretty fantastic.

and sheepdean, since you asked, i will tell you that the mix is about as similar to the digital version as you can get on vinyl, but it was definitely mastered separately for vinyl, as to eliminate some of the incredibly low-end sound in the songs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i ordered from amazon so i only have the EP, but it arrived in fine shape on tuesday and i listened to it all the way through last night with zero issues. i will say it feels a bit light for what's supposed to be 180G Vinyl, but it sounded pretty fantastic.

and sheepdean, since you asked, i will tell you that the mix is about as similar to the digital version as you can get on vinyl, but it was definitely mastered separately for vinyl, as to eliminate some of the incredibly low-end sound in the songs.
    I should preface this by saying my record players (two in the house- same brand) aren't very high quality.

On some of my old records (thin ones that seem to be a tiny bit warped) I have to attach weight (quarters) to the arm to prevent skipping. After adding more weight than ANY of my other records require I was able to stop the skipping.

I went to repackage the records last night (Figuring I'd have to send them back) and noticed the original packaging is too small and was forcing the records to bend. I've decided to wait a few days and see if they straighten back out (they should have only been in the bad packaging for a few days).

Interestingly, both records play fine without weight one one side, but skip on the other without serious weight being added. Not sure if I'm going to bother returning these- but I most certainly will order from Amazon instead if I buy more NIN related vinyl in the future.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    I eventually got a reply that they were still waiting on the physical product to arrive at the warehouse before they could send it out.
    That is the same lame-ass excuse Topspin gave when TGWTDT orders were late going out. It must be one of their stock answers to unhappy customers. Sooooo they're not meeting promised shipping deadlines -- people were supposed to have the albums in hand no later than release day -- and likely lying to the band's customers. Not cool.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The Loop Closes is pretty much HDTA's version of Into The Void.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finally! Got shipping confirmation from TopSpin at about 2:30am today. And then a bit later I got this message:

Thank you for ordering An omen EP_ on vinyl.

Today we discovered an internal Topspin issue where some orders did not have their proper shipping information passed on to our fulfillment warehouse. Since your order was delayed due to this problem, we are refunding your shipping in full. Please expect to see this credit on your account within 7-10 days.

Meanwhile, we've confirmed these vinyl orders have shipped out today and you should expect an updated email receipt within 48 hours.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Man, now I kinda wish my copy had been delayed. Would've been nice to have that 13 dollars back...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Grabbed an animated youtube ad, anyone wanna convert this into a .gif? http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...EyCEJHA4y3wrsC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did Rob use a meme in the bottom right corner?

I'm fully aware of the randomness and it might also be ridiculous but I saw that meme thing on my facebook feed and somehow made the connection. Just thought i'd share it.
    Last edited by profane; 11-16-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    ^ I thought of that meme the moment I saw that artwork image.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Looks more like a picture of the head of some animal like a rat or something to me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Didn't he say it was a boar?

I can't even see that stupid memeface in the image. You guys need to get your eyes checked.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I can't even see that stupid memeface in the image. You guys need to get your eyes checked.
    I can see what they're talking about, but it's very obvious that it's the eye and ears of some sort of animal. I thought it looked like a rat personally, but maybe it is a boar. I definitely didn't think of that meme the first time I saw it.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Inch-Na...item564ef66928
    This auction says "500 made worldwide".
    I don't think so. In that case they all were gone already...
    What do you think?
    Last edited by witte; 11-16-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    Did Rob use a meme in the bottom right corner?

I'm fully aware of the randomness and it might also be ridiculous but I saw that meme thing on my facebook feed and somehow made the connection. Just thought i'd share it.
    The texture is quite similar and the general shape. But I'm really not seeing any of the specific details.

I have to go with the boars head.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Indeed, I can see that now. Hey it's random, just threw it out.
    Oh hell, lol.
    Last edited by profane; 11-16-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Maybe that seller is referring to the copies sold from HTDA's website, not that its value would change because all of the EP vinyls are the same (the KIT promo is the real gem). Or they're just bullshitting.