Thread: Controversial Cinema-Related Opinions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    You can't really refute a bad comparison by making a bad comparison... peppa pig is for kids, bebop is for adults. Hulk and spiderman were not created for adults, were they?

I've read all the Frank Miller batman stuff - fair play that's not for kids. But we've never really got a faithful live action of any of them. Last spiderman I read was ultimate Spiderman about 13 years ago, Last hulks I read were planet hulk and world war hulk. Sorry but that stuff is for kids, or teenagers at most.

Ice haven, mox nox, black hole, the invisibles, spawn, the crow, Alan Moore books etc are what I would call adult fiction

I'm not saying it's morally wrong (although there is a whiff of protraction about it), I'm just a bit alienated by how huge and constant it is
    No, it isn't.

Spider-Man wasn't exactly created for adults, but neither was it for kids. It's target audience was mainly teenagers. Yep, the same age group that in the 90s gets into NIN and rock music.

And I guess you haven't read Kraven's Last Hunt, from the main Spider-Man storyline.

You have a point in that most movie adaptations are somewhat more chidish, as I said myself. But going all the way to say that the source material is just for kids is simply wrong.
    Last edited by Shunt; 05-10-2018 at 05:26 AM.